The Shadow of a Dragon…

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

The Shadow of a Dragon…

 

 

 

Jennie’s pov…

 

 

“Jennie get back here! Or I will call the Queen and tie you up!!!” Jisoo said to me.

“Jisoo please understand! You are my bestfriend, sister, you know that I don’t wear that kind of things.” I said to her. “I’ll die of embarrassment if I wear that.”

“Nonesense! You look great on this.” She said to me. “Beside you said that you will give your present to the Queen at the party, if you don’t wear this then you can’t attend the party.”

A few second later an army of hairdressers, make-up artist, guards enter my room. They were led by Ms. Jung. The guards apprehend me and brought me to the chair and tie me up.

“YAH! You couldn’t even sacrifice this for one night?!!” Ms. Jung said to me as she was busy picking my attire for the night. I was about to argue with her when she said. “The Queen have lost her Son, your father, and practically this celebration was not going to happen… but you showed up. Her son’s only treasure. You who is the Queen’s closest relative … and she is very happy to tell the world how proud she is to you, so at least for her birthday let her be happy. Make her happy.”

It really pierce my heart and I just breathe in and didn’t try to make a ruckus. Jisoo and Ms. Jung saw this and just assure the stylist that I am not going to do anything anymore and just bear with it. So I just close my eyes and let them do the work

After a few minutes of them glamming me up for my grandmothers party, they finally let me see a mirror, and truthfully I thought the mirror was broken. It was just a simple white dress (Her dress in the Golden Disk Awards) and my only accessory was a pair of earrings and the necklace that my mother gave me.

“Wow… I never thought that you can really look the part as a Princess…” Jisoo commented on me. “Once we get home I will going to burn all of your clothes and replace with this.”

“Are her clothes only consist of jeans and T-shirts?” Ms. Jung ask and Jisoo just nodded. “Wow that is unfortunate. When you do the photoshoot at my agency back then I am surprise that you look good on anything… I will tell the Queen to buy you some nice clothes.”

“Yah! This is a one-time deal.” I said to them. “Beside I look weird wearing this.” I said shyly as I am uncomfortable with this dress.

Ms. Jung and Jisoo just smile at me and a few minutes later the head maid of the Royal Palace. Ms. Soonkyu or what she preferred to be called Sunny enter the room.

“Princess… the party will now commence and The Queen have called for you.”

I look at Jisoo who just hugged me and said “You can do this… just for a few minutes okay… be like everybody else.”

“Don’t worry about your friend… she will be by your side shortly as your aid, of course she need to be doll-up too.”

I went with Ms. Sunny to my grandmother and there I saw Halmeoni and my cousin Irene. I felt embarrass because, even though Halmeoni is old now but she still looks beautiful, and Irene-unnie too, she looks like an angel.

“You look beautiful Jennie-ah.” Halmeoni said to me and I felt extremely shy. Irene-unnie just smile at me and I just smile back. Just then they announce our presence and I try not to screw up as I stand beside Halmeoni and walk together with them. Irene was on the left and I was on the right.

As Halmeoni sat down her throne, and since it was my first time doing this, she signal me to sat beside her. The people bow down to us as respect and I never been so embarrass but of course I maintain my cool.

Just then one by one, guests pile up to greet Halmeoni a happy birthday, also to introduce themselves to me. Like I imagine, they try to butter me up with words of flattery. Some even introduce their son’s to me, which I find very annoying. I look for Irene unnie’s help and I saw how she handle the situation so I just copy her.

After a while, I saw the three families that support the Royal family walking towards us. Of course their sons were also there with them, Song Mino, and Kim Kai well not all of them as the Choi’s eldest son was late. Truthfully they look handsome wearing their suits.

“Your Majesty, happy birthday.” They all greeted.

“Thank you… by the way… my granddaughters here are bored sitting here, I hope you could them for a while so that they could enjoy themselves.” Halmeoni said.

I look at Halmeoni thinking if she was just joking but she just smile at me. I then try to get help from Irene Unnie but she too just smile at me like she cannot do anything. So they offer their hand and like what I was taught to do, I just pick Kai since he is the one who is closer to me.

As we got up from the chair I heard a lot of murmur. Of course since I was the princess they are concern who I mingle with. As people approach me and converse with me, I try to act calm as possible and be attentive as I can, but of course their flattery was super disgusting. Thankfully Kai was good enough to excuse me so that I can take a breather for a while.

“Is this what kind of life I will face from now on?” I ask him. We are now at a garden by the lake away from the main hall. I sat down on the bench and just let myself relax for now.

“Well you did say you will stay with the Queen now, so for the least you will be subjected to this kind of treatment.” He said to me. “By the way you look beautiful on that dress.”

“I only wear this because of Halmeoni. I won’t wear this again. It is hard to walk with and this heals are killing me.” I said to him. “By the way this garden looks beautiful.” It was all purple flowers everywhere and it complements the night sky because as soon as the lights shine upon them they look like glowing flowers.

“The Late King commission someone to landscape this place.” We heard someone explaining and saw Irene unnie together with Mino-shi, Seulgi-shi and Jisoo. “The late King always stay here to relax…”

“By the way… The Queen is calling for you.” Jisoo said to me. “You know you shouldn’t just disappear like that, with a suspicious person on top of that.” She then glared at Kai.

“Hey I am not suspicious…”

“Okay… okay…” I cut Kai off before she fought with Jisoo. I then stand up and then walk towards Irene unnie. “Unnie… It is okay call him what you call him before?” I said to her.

“What?”

“My father. I know that you treated him like your own father… so at least when there is only us around you could call him what you call him before.” I said to her. “He is more of a father to you than to me. Since I didn’t even meet him, but please tell me stories about him when you had time.”

As were walking back to the party, I felt something and excuse myself to go the restroom. Jisoo offer to take me there but I just said that I will be fine and went there. I easily find it and just enter a cubicle to do my business when I overheard some girls talking inside the restroom.

“That Princess looks dumb right?”

“Yeah… I mean she obviously being used and she couldn’t even see it.”

“I heard that she was a gangster from the province… I was holding my laughter when she was walking down the stairs she moves like a robot.”

“What do you expect her mother was a poor country girl who seduces the King right? That is why she act like an uncivilized freak.”

“Also… why the hell does Kai and Mino are always with her! If she isn’t a princess they wouldn’t even bat an eye towards her.”

“Hey… you do know Mino is of limits because of Princess Irene.”

“Don’t call that fox princess. She isn’t one right now. Wait… a phony princess and monkey princess… The Royal family will be a laughing stock of the century.”

With that I couldn’t hold it in and I just burst outside with a tissue still on my hand, but they already went outside. I went out and saw only their back and what color their dress are wearing.

Just then Jisoo and Seulgi came. “Princess the Queen is waiting for you!” Seulgi said to me and just hold my hand and drag me where the party is.

As soon as I get there, I saw Halmeoni talking to someone and she signal me to come over.

“Mr. Kim this is my granddaughter Jennie.” Halmeoni introduce me. “Jennie this Mr. Kim Heechul… he is a landscape artist and also design the garden by the lake.”

“I see Taeyeon and Jiyong in you.” He said to me, which I suddenly look at him. “Why? You didn’t think I didn’t know your mother?”

“You my Eomma? Do you know where she is?” I ask him.

“To answer you… well Yes I know her but no, I do not know where she is right now.” He said to me. “Though she did send this to me.” He then handed me a paper bag and in there were bunch of letters and a painting.

I take it out and though it is as small as a picture frame I felt something from it. “That is your mother’s painting.” Mr. Kim said. “She is an old friend of mine and also an artist… and help me so much in my work.”

“Could you tell me about her more.” I said excitedly but Halmeoni just stop me.

“Maybe another time…” He said to me. “Your highness… it is a pity but I need to go back now… I will inspect the garden next week by then.”

He then went to his way, and as I observe him, I saw a boy together with him, whom looks like the same age as me.

“Halmeoni…”

I was about to thank Halmeoni but she cut me off. “For now… with Mr. Kim’s statement we know that she is alive and okay.”

But my next move was somewhat shocked the whole crowd as I hugged my grandmother for all them to see. “Thank you… Halmeoni.” I blurted out what is in my heart and the people there look at me weirdly. “Ahh that is right my gift to you…” Jisoo then came towards me and handed me the paper bag. “I don’t know if it is for your taste but I really tried making it.”

She then bring it out and I felt embarrass since it was a knitted scarf and hat that I made before I came here. Though it looks like it is not that much I just hope that she likes it.

She then put it back inside the paper bag and said “Thank you for the gift… but I will wear this while we watch the first snow together.” Holding on to my gift she announced to retire for the night. I was about to do the same but she said that a host of the event should not leave early and just left me there. The party continues and like what happen at the early part of the party a lot of people still try curry favors to me a lot of them boys. Kai left me for a second to chat with his friends that is why this annoying things flock around me. I look around to look for Jisoo or Irene unnie to excuse myself also to get away from these men.

As I saw Jisoo who by the way is approach by a man, I excuse myself and walk towards her. That is when somebody trip me and I fall down to the floor. I couldn’t do much since my dress hinders me but as I look up I saw 3 girls whose dress I recognize from the restroom incident earlier. I try to calm down and just try to stand up but one of them intentionally step on my clothes and it tear up a little, bad thing

“Oh I’m sorry… I didn’t see you there…” They said mockingly.

It cause a huge commotion as Jisoo and Seulgi rush towards me. “Hey apologize to the princess!” Jisoo shouted at the 4 girls while Seulgi help me get up.

“Who are you to give us order? You are just a lowly maid of that pretend princess over there” One of the girls said and it looks like those four had a little alcohol. “She isn’t even a full blood princess as her mother is just a peasants.”

“A Princess don’t make me laugh… the one funding the royal family are us the rich people. If we aren’t supporting them, then they will just be like normal peasants!” Another girl said and she then push Jisoo and thankfully I caught her.

That is when I snap. “YAH!” I shouted at them. I then walk towards them and those girls suddenly back away but I went through them as I walk towards the table behind them. I grab one of the bread knife there and cut the dress into a slit type dress as it free my legs completely. Thank god I wore a safety short underneath or else.

“Yah! You 4 peasants!” I called them as I waved the bread knife in my hand. “I have been patient all night. I really do. I even try to act like a sophisticated like you four but I think I don’t need it anymore.”

“?” One of the girls, the one who tear my dress react and then try to approach me.

But I grab her dress and then slash it in the middle, then push her to the ground. One of the other girl, the one who pour her drinks on me, try to slap me but I caught her hand and then slam her to the ground as I step on her.

“Yah! Are you really stupid? Haven’t you heard about me? I’m the Little Dragon of Jeonju. I fought people scarier than all of you.” I said to them. “I can snap your tiny bodies in half if I want too.”

I then release my foot on her body and she got up and went towards her friends. I then place my foot on the top of the chair revealing my legs too all the guest to see. “How dare you badmouth the Royal Family… My family. Peasants? And what are the four of you nobles? Don’t make me laugh? You look like those girls at Gangnam pretending to be rich girls? You funding the Royal family? Are you retarded? The Royal Family has their own businesses that my grandmother operates.” I said to them. “Remember this legs of mine. This will be the Legs that you will respect once I became Queen. This legs that my mother develop on her womb. So if I ever heard you badmouth my family again. This leg of mine will hit you in any part of your fragile little bodies and you experience a pain you won’t even experience in your whole life!”

My threat works as the four girls went out of the party, but of course it ruin the whole mood of the party. Also my torn stained dress was still visible and it looks like the other guest are murmuring. That is when someone put a coat on me. I then look who it was and saw Kai with a serious face. He then carry me bridal style out of the party while Seulgi and Jisoo tag along.

We were already far away from where the party is held but Kai is still carrying me and that is when I protested and he bring me down.

“Yah! What about the party?” I ask them.

“Princess Irene and Mino-shi are handling the party right now, your highness.” Seulgi said to me. “Princess Jennie you shouldn’t have done that.”

“I know… but those witches badmouth the only family I know. They even push my bestfriend and said bad things about my mother. How can I not do something.” I said to them.

“Well you really did something.” Kai said to me. “I mean the looks on the guest faces when you manhandle that girl. Wow you are the best!”

“Seugi-shi, Jisoo-ah… I’m screwed right?” I ask them and they just nodded while Kai laugh at me.

“Yah! You are not helping my friend here.” Jisoo scolded him.

“Don’t worry about it. Suho hyung was also there so any news about the incident will be block.” He said to us. “Also the guests who defame the royal family… will be reprimanded by my father.”

“What will I am going to do? Halmeoni is going to kill me once she found out.” I blurted out.

“Princess why not change your clothes in your room before you think about what will happen next.” Seulgi said to me.

So I just let them drag my confused body to my room thus ending my first ever social gathering. I just hope it will be forgotten.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one’s pov…

 

“So what do you think of the princess?” Kim Heechul ask the young boy he is with.

“She’s interesting… but will she really do her job like our Queen have said?” the boy asks.

“Well let’s see. It is not like she will be a hindrance though.” Heechul said.

“Well it is like she made the headline once again.” The boy smile as he saw the articles. The picture of the Princess with her dress torn to make a large slit, her foot stepping on the chair revealing her beautiful legs. The title of the headline was something like The Crown Princess Declaration! or something like that.

“Hey Taehyung… don’t forget your mission.” Heechul said.

“Yes Uncle…” Taehyung said. Well this could be fun.

 

 

 

On another place…

 

“Chaeyoung-ah… how is the Princess?” Her mother Tiffany Choi asks. They are not an avid supporter of the Royal family and only see them as an ornament to the Korean Culture.

“Eomma, I think the Princess is quite interesting.” Chaeyoung or Rose to many said. “She is quite friendly.”

“My dear Rose… you really are such an angel.” Tiffany said. “Don’t be deceived of such girl.”

“Minyoung-ah… what are you saying to my sweet little girl.” A man suddenly said.

“APPA!” Rose run towards her father and hugged him. “Welcome back!”

“Yeobo welcome back.” Tiffany said as she helps him with his luggage and then giving him a welcome kiss.

“Yeobo not in front our daughter?” Seunghyun said as he smile at his wife affection.

“Appa… where is Jinwoo oppa?” Rose ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter