Little Dragon’s Trip to the City.

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Little Dragon’s Trip to the City.

 

 

 

 

Jihyo’s POV…

 

 

“Jihyo-unnie, how’s the day?” I was at the police station resting when PO1 Somin asks me.

“I was at the City Hall today to asks for support for the orphanage but that baldheaded Mayor…” I said irritated as I remember what happen earlier.

“Why what happen?” Joongkook oppa asks me.

“He said he will consider if I go out with him.” I said to him. “Can you believe it? That Baldy already has a wife and all of Jeonju knows he has a mistress on the side and he thinks that I am an easy girl because I have a problem right now!”

“So what did you do noona?” I heard PO1 Kwangsoo asks.

“I pour the tea that I am drinking on to his pants.” I answered. “Regretfully it wasn’t hot.”

“You should say thankfully.” Haha oppa said to me. “Sechan is watching the kids at the orphanage so don’t worry.”

“Don’t worry… Jaesuk hyung will run this coming election, then we can see some changes here in our city.” Gary said to me as he handed me something to drink.

I drink it and just think of my problem. “Ahhh!!! The monthly bills are piling up, I don’t know what to do!” I said trying to think of anything.

“Jihyo-ah…. Here we pool in some money to help you.” Joongkook oppa give me the money he collected from his fellow policemen. “By the way… how’s Jennie and Jisoo?”

But when I heard Jennie’s name my blood boils, I stand up and grab Joongkook oppa’s collar and said. “You are the one who made Jennie like that! Because you teach him how to beat people that is why she became violent, my little Jennie who was so kind back then.”

The whole station just laugh at me, while Kwangsoo and Gary try to stop me from choking their Sunbae. Still, Joongkook oppa was still at fault for making Jennie that way.

After that I went back home, well not before paying our utility bill. I was thankful to Jeonju’s Police Station for always helping the orphanage but still, their help will not be always be there so I need to think of something so that the orphanage will stay up float.

As I went back to Sunset Glow, I saw some commotion in the yard. I hasten my pace and when I arrive I saw Jisoo and Jennie plowing the yard. While the kids are helping them.

“Yah! What are you doing?” I ask them.

“Seokjin-ajushi advised us earlier.” Jisoo said to me. “He said that for our food cost to lessen we should just use the backyard to farm vegetables and crops. So we are plowing the backyard so that we could plant these.”

I then saw some potatoes, sweet potatoes, radish and lastly some tomatoes. After they explain it they started working again and I don’t even know what to say or how to react on what they are doing.

“Aunty… I am sorry for what I have done.” Jennie apologizes.

“It’s okay… considering that you always do everything for the sake of the orphanage but still…” I said to him as I ruffle her hair. “Please this is the last okay?”

“Yes Aunty…” She answer me.

“So tell me what are we going to do here?” I ask them smiling, and the kids just pull me to work on our own little field.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene’s pov…

 

Uncle Jiyong really is gone now…

I wanted to cry and just deny all of this but I can’t. I need to be strong for my sister Yeri and Grandma Kwon.

Uncle Jiyong is like a father to me and my sister. We were just little kids when my parents died in a car crash when they were on their way to an event, I was barely 3 years old and Yeri who was a year old back then. At the funeral many of them were saying bad things about our parents when Uncle Jiyong approach us and asks if we want to stay with him. We agreed and after that he treated us like we are his own daughters.

I remember he stay by my side whenever me and Yeri were sick. He even attend all of our recitals and performance. In all of our interviews he never called us niece but his daughter. For Yeri who was still a baby, she grew up with Uncle Jiyong as her father. Me too, I always consider Uncle Jiyong as my father… that is why when… when I saw the news about his plane crashing in the Pacific, I prayed that he was alright. But when Boa halmeoni went to my room and hug me, I know that Appa Ji is gone. I can only cry as I know I wouldn’t see him anymore.

The inside of the palace seems so empty now too. I remember Appa Ji always joke around inside the palace but now the halls are just cold and empty.

Just like today, I was walking along the hallways in the palace and I can feel the emptiness. I was about to go to Grandma’s room when I heard some of the maids talking.

“The Royal Family is doomed… I can’t believe King Jiyong didn’t have an heir.”

“Yah there is one.”

“Who, Princess Irene? Well she is the only closest blood relative of the Royal Family right now.”

“No… there is one. I overheard someone saying that King Jiyong has a hidden child and they will bring her to the palace.”

“Then what about Princess Irene and Princess Yeri…Will they be kick out”

“I think so… we don’t know what the other heir will do.”

I just sighed in frustration and I just walk away. Having the throne isn’t really much of an issue for me, but the legacy King Jiyong made must be upheld. I fear that the prince or princess will tarnish it and be easily influenced by those people who try to influence me too.

I was about to enter Grandma Kwon’s study room, when I heard something inside.

“Your Magesty, what are talking about? Another heir? Why does the Royal committee don’t know this?”

“We just informed you right?” That voice, I know that it was Yunho-ajushi, so the other one must by Park Jinyoung-ajushi.

“Your Magesty who is this Heir and where is he or she?”

“I don’t have to tell you that nor you have to know. Once everything is ready I will introduce the Heir.” I heard Grandma Kwon said.

Just then the door open and I saw how Mr. Park was super angry about what Hameoni have said, that he didn’t even see me even though he is the one who is pushing me to be the next Queen of South Korea.

Kwon Halmeoni saw me and beckon me to come inside, while she asks Yunho ajushi to go out.

“Did you heard what we have talk about?” She asks me and I just nodded. “Are you mad at me?”

“No Halmeoni, my sister and I are grateful to you and King Jiyong.” I said to her in panic.

“You don’t be so uptight Joohyun-ah… I know you are disappointed about the sudden news about my Son’s child. I am too shock that he has one.” She said to me.

“Halmeoni you don’t know that Appa Ji has one?” I ask her.

She then tell me about Appa Ji’s past and how there is suddenly an heir for the throne. “Even if he is my son’s child, I still couldn’t accept it. But of course a direct heir must be the one who should inherit the throne. I’m sorry Joohyun-ah.”

“It’s okay Halmeoni…” I said smiling. “I know my place in all of this and beside… Appa Ji’s wish is for Yeri and me to live a normal life.”

Halmeoni stand up and hug me and apologize again. Maybe I am a bit disappointed about everything and tears suddenly fall from my eyes. I was ready to succeed Appa Ji even if I know that it was impossible once he gets married.

“Halmeoni who is she, Appa Ji’s daughter?” I ask.

“Her name is Jennie Kim, a year younger than you…” She then handed me a folder containing all of the information about Appa Ji’s daughter and as I read it I couldn’t help but double check if it is true.

“What you read in there is true Joohyun-ah.” She said to me. “My Son’s daughter is seems like a  trouble maker. She also had a record in the police in their city.”

I the flip to the pages as I can’t believe that this was the future Queen of Korea. She is even worse than my sister Yeri who pranks the maid from time to time.

“Joohyun-ah… please, once she comes here, be friends with her and teach her about manners okay?” Halmeoni asks me.

Still I was curious what kind of person Jennie Kim is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie’s pov…

 

“Yah… why the long face?” Jisoo asks me. It was our lunch break and I was thinking how to help the orphanage.

“Jisoo-ah… what if I drop of school now and find a part time job?” I ask her seriously but she just give me a smack on the head.

“Have you gone mad?! Aunt Jihyo would kill you! Don’t even think about that.” She said to me.

“But the orphanage… also what are we going to do about High School?” I ask her. “Jisoo-ah will you really won’t accept the scholarship from the Seoul School? I mean they offer you a dorm and allowance too?”

“It’s okay… Beside if I am away from you, Aunt Jihyo will die from stress because of the troubles you make.” She said to me. “Beside no matter what school I go to I can still excel and show my strength.”

“Show off!!!” I said as I try to tickle her.

Me and Jisoo known each other since I remember, we were the only grown-ups there that hasn’t been adopted. Well me is understandable since I still have a mother, who I don’t really know, but Jisoo… she was once pick by a nice couple to adopt her but she refuse them entirely saying that she don’t want to be adopted and be far away from me. I talk about me still having a mother and she wanted my mother to adopt her too so that we will be real sister.

I like that idea and so when adoption day comes me and Jisoo always go out of the house and play, or we strongly protests when they pick Jisoo. But now that we are a bit older none of the parents pick us but the little ones who we consider out younger siblings. Sometimes we try to protest too, but when Aunty Jihyo said that they also need to find happiness we concede and persuade the kids when they are being adopted that live a life that we don’t have.

After class finish me and Jisoo went home well not before being approach by several guys. 90% of them are Jisoo’s fanboys and the remaining 19.8% of them are my fangirls, the other 0.2% is from my friend Bobby and B.I. Jisoo’s fanboys all hate me though. Since Jisoo always cling on me they think I am one of their competitor. In my end it is the exact opposite as almost all of the girls in our school respect me in a way. They just admire me since I always protect them from being bullied by other schools. Though both of the people that admire us literally hate Bobby and B.I since they are the only guys who could talk to us.

As we arrive at the orphanage we started cleaning and then tending the farm that we started in our backyard. After a while the kids are now coming so we check on them first like asking them if their homework is finish or are there any problem in school. After they help us in other works.

We recently try cleaning for our neighbors in exchange for goods or sometimes money. We all know them and it has been our way to raise funds for our education. After sometime I go out to Uncle Seokjin’s store to help him deliver some goods to his customer. I have been doing this since I started middle school and the pay was really good for my allowance. Though I always get in trouble still the pay is really good.

I finish my deliver before dinner and Seokjin ajushi give me some Beef Stew so I share it to my brothers and sister at the orphanage. Also I gotten my pay already from the partime work I did so I handed it over to Aunty Jihyo. At first she didn’t want it but of course our situation was cause by me so she said than you.

It was about midnight when, I finish my studying, and all of the kids and Jisoo are asleep. I went down stair to get a glass of water when I overheard Aunt Jihyo talking.

“The water bill… if we could use the village well then we could lessen it. About electricity, for summer it will be okay if we open the window but in the winter… Should I take a part-time Job? Jisoo and Jennie could take care of the kids when I am working, but…. ”

I look at Aunt Jihyo and how she tries to budget the finances for the orphanage. I just went back to bed as I felt guilty that everything that happen is because of me. Just then an idea popped in my head. I reach out to my drawer and pull out a card.

“I need to make this right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one’s pov…

 

“Aunt Jihyo wake up!” The sound of Jisoo’s scream wake up the whole occupants of the house.

“Wait, What happen?” Their guardian sprang out of the bed and went towards the room of the children.

“Aunty… Jennie… Jennie run-away.” Jisoo said as she give a letter to Jihyo.

Jihyo read the letter and its content was so simple. Aunty I will be going to Seoul Today. I will fix everything.

“What the hell does that girl up to?” Jihyo said as she try to understand the situation.

 

 

On the other hand in Seoul…

 

“Your Highness, the princess have gone to Seoul today.” Yunho said.

“Where is she going? Is she meeting with her mother?” Boa asks.

“We don’t know yet… but it seems rather important considering she just went without telling her guardian.” Yunho said. “By the way Your Highness, this is just a hunch, but maybe it is related to the financial problems of the orphanage where she is staying.”

“Okay… investigate about it, and also keep an eye on that girl, the Independence Ball will be next month, we will introduce her to the world on that day.” Boa said to Yunho. “Better yet, I want to meet the young girl… could you fetch her for me so I could ascertain her personality.”

“Yes your highness.” Yunho answered.

“Your highness the car is ready.” Changmin the head of Security.

“Alright… let’s go to the scheduled event for today. Is Irene ready?” She asks, and Yunho just nodded.

 

On a bus going to Seoul, a teenage girl is barely hanging in there as her head was leaning to the wall of the bus and is now moving forward. She really didn’t notice as she is asleep throughout the ride. As the bus sudden stop, she was suddenly launch forward waking her up.

“Yah! Little Miss we are here in Seoul.” The driver said and Jennie just hurriedly went out.

She has been in Seoul twice. One is for a field trip and the second one is for a tournament that she joined when she was in my primary school. So she don’t really know her way here. She went to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter