I was never alone…

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6

 

 

I was never alone…

 

 

No one’s  pov…

 

“Leeteuk let me go!” Taeyeon shouted as few of her maids hold me. “I need to go to her!”

“Your Highness… please calm down.” Leeteuk said to me. “Princess Jennie is alright… My men have already confirm her safety.”

“Her safety? She might have died there…” Taeyeon said angrily. “I abandon my daughter to save her from being targeted, but… but she almost die and I couldn’t do anything… I couldn’t…”

“Your highness… If you reveal yourself now… your daughter will face even greater danger. Not only that… The King…” Leeteuk then kneel down and said. “I apologize for the Hwarang’s mistake of not guarding her properly.”

Taeyeon calm down for now and just clench her fist. What Leeteuk said was right and she knows that if she comes out now… the people who is trying to destroy the Royal Family will definitely hide again.

“Increase her guards.” Taeyeon just said. “Please don’t let this thing happen again.”

“Yes your highness.”

Taeyeon then enter Jiyong’s room. Jiyong was still in a coma and Taeyeon just cry beside him as she hold his hand.

“I’m sorry… Jiyong… I’m sorry Jennie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boa’s pov…

 

“Crown Princess Epic Rescue!!: Save 5 children from an Organ Traffickers!”

“Crown Princess and Son of Prime Minister destroy Crime Syndicate!”

            “Two days ago news about a serial Organ Traffickers group that targeted children  have swept the nation with fear. The police issue a warning about this incident and urge parents to safeguard their children. But the reign of terror of this criminal have stopped thanks to the effort of the Crown Princess and the Prime Minister’s Son.”

            “Now dubbed as the Royal Couple by the netizens, these two saw a possible kidnapping and follow the kidnappers car. Seeing the kids in danger, with some of the Crown Princess friends who came as back-up, they rush inside the Syndicates base and save the children by defeating the Criminals inside. The children was save according to reports but the Crown Princess only suffered a few bruise but the Prime Minister’s Son was in serious condition as one of the criminal stabbed him in the stomach. No other information as to what is the situation now…”

 

I cancelled all of my meetings and itinerary as I heard about what happen. Yunho seeing me anxious called the Royal guards to clear the traffic so that I could go there faster. Though Yunho assured me that Jennie was alright, my mind couldn’t think what would happen if I lose my granddaughter too.

As I’ve arrive, flocks of media personnel was already there and the Jeonju police are keeping them at bay. As I came out of the car, I don’t pay attention to them as I went inside quickly and saw Irene waiting for me.

“Where is she?” I ask her.

“She is fine Hlameoni…” Irene said. “… but she hadn’t woken up. The doctor said that her body was fine except for a few bruises. Ms. Song is taking care of her.”

Then I saw Jessica and Jaejoong who was crying as they wait outside of the emergency room. I went towards them and when they saw me they try to greet me but I stopped them.

“Kai is strong kid… he will pull through this.” I said to them as I comforted Jessica. “Jaejoong what about those criminals?”

“They are being dealt with, your Highness.” Jaejoong said with a hint of anger. “They are being treated in another hospital right now… but they will regret not dying earlier.”

It seems that they haven’t know the whole situation or who really stabbed Kai. Just then a doctor came out and said that the surgery was a success and the stab wound luckily didn’t pierce any major organs of Kai, still Kai lost a lot of blood and needed to be observe until tomorrow. Jessica wanted to bring him to a hospital in Seoul but Jaejoong convince her that it would be dangerous for their son in his current condition.

After I  assure that Kai is no longer in harm’s way, I went to see the other two boys and Mino who I heard was also there and help in subduing my granddaughter. I want to talk to them about what happen and to also tell them not to talk about it.

As I enter the room I saw Jisoo attending to the three rather roughly though.

“Your highness.” Jisoo greeted me, and the others also.

“First I want to thank you for saving Jennie and the kids.” I said to them.

“More like saving that guy and the kids from Jennie.” One of the boys said.

“B.I!” Jisoo called him. “Don’t be rude!”

“If you want us to not tell the world about Jennie’s dual personality… you are wasting your time. We are loyal to Jennie so we won’t jeopardize her.” That kid B.I said.

“Your highness, we already know about Jennie’s outburst. We dealt with it quite sometimes when we are fighting other school gangs. Though not this worst” The other kids said smiling. “We won’t tell anyone about this.”

“Don’t worry about what happen to Jennie your highness.” Jisoo said to me. “B.I and Bobby are dimwits but they are reliable friends.”

“Yah! I’m not a dimwit!” B.I shouted.

“Yes you are!!” Jisoo countered. “In fact Bobby is much normal compare to you!!”

“Thank you for being friends with my granddaughter.” I said to them. “Please continue on being her friends.”

“Of course! She is our leader and the pride of Jeonju!” B.I announce. “So if some bastards in Seoul will hurt her we will punish them!”

I thank them again and when I was about to go out Mino called me. “You Highness… I am sorry about what happen… If I just come sooner, then the Princess…”

“It isn’t anybody’s fault.” I said to him. “If there is one, then it is those criminals who exploit the weak.” I then get something from my purse and said “By the way, all of you might be hungry… Irene could you buy something to eat for them.”

“I will go with her.” Mino volunteer, which I already know he would do.

I leave them behind as I went to Jennie’s room but as we went closer, we heard Jennie shouting. I hurriedly went inside and saw Jennie being hysterical in the bed while Ms. Song trying to keep her calm.

“Stay away from me!!! I don’t want to hurt you!!! Please Stay away from me!!!” Jennie said as she roll up in the bed.

“Jennie… It’s me, your Auntie Jihyo…” Ms. Song said as she try to restrain her.

But then her eyes landed on me and then rush towards me. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry, Halmeoni I won’t do it ever again…” Jennie said as she hugged me like a scared child. “Please don’t leave me… I will be a good girl so please…”

As I saw this I quickly hugged her and said. “I am here, Jennie. I won’t leave you. I won’t leave you… Halmeoni isn’t angry okay… So please don’t cry now. Halmeoni won’t let anything happen to you.”

She then look at me in the eye with tears already forming. She then cry and hugged me and for some reason I felt protective of her. I never saw her vulnerable side like this and it pains me. “You are okay now. You are safe… I won’t let anyone hurt my granddaughter ever again.”

After that I guided her to the bed and let her rest, and she cry herself to sleep.

“I didn’t know that she could be like this.” I muttered as I brush Jennie’s hair as she sleeps. She didn’t let me go and her hand grasp tightly to my dress. “Ms. Song, why is my granddaughter became like this?”

“Jennie when she was 5 someone adopted her…” She started. “I was away for a 5 day conference for all those who manage orphanage. It was like a course for us so that charities will still support us. In return they will send someone to look out for the kids while we were away. The person who temporary replace me thought that all of the kids at Sunset glow are orphans so when someone like Jennie she agree and let them adopt her.”

“Then what happen?”

“I came back as soon as I know of it, and try to locate the coupe who adopted her. But once I went to the address…” She pauses. “It was just an empty lot. I called the police of a possible kidnapping even using my connection as a former police officer to elicit information. But for six months there were no news… not until… captain Jaesuk finally found her in Busan port.”

“But when I came to the station, I saw Jennie like a rabid dog protecting other kids from the police.” She continued. “At first I thought that she will remember me but I was wrong she also attack me… one of the police there wanted to taze her but I intervene and hugged her tight as she bite me in the shoulder. As I beg for her to return to her senses she calm down and fainted.”

“So is that the reason why she became like that?”

“Jisoo is one of the kids that have been kidnapped by those people. She told me that the criminals use the kids as entertainment and let them fight with each other. If they don’t they will fire a gun. It seems that it became mentally rooted to Jennie that she always reacted like that whenever she heard a gun firing. For a year we sent her to some psychologists and eventually she became normal again.”

“Does Taeyeon know of this?” I ask.

“Yes… I told her in a letter of what happen… but she didn’t even come and see if her daughter was alright or not.” She said. “At first I was mad, but eventually I realize why she couldn’t comeback to Seoul.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I was told by Taeyeon not to tell anyone about this but… There are people who are trying to find Taeyeon. I don’t know who they are but some people visited and inquire about Taeyeon when they know she frequented the orphanage.”

Ms. Song then excuse herself from the room as she need to go back to the orphanage since Choi’s siblings and my granddaughter Yeri and some of the royal guards are taking care of the kids.

I stayed there and Yunho brought an extra bed for me. Irene wanted to join but I urge her to rest with her sister at the orphanage for now. Jisoo was kind enough to accompany her there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai’s pov…

 

I thought I was dead. Literally.

But as I wake up, I was in a white room and my mother was there sleeping by my side. I try to get up but suddenly a pain in my abdomen rush throughout my body make me shout in pain. My mom heard it and wake up and then stare at me worriedly.

“Oh god your awake…” My Mom said as tears form in her eyes. “Doctor! Doctor!!” She called out.

A doctor came in and then examine me, he said that the effect of the pain killers have worn off, but assure my Mom that my vitals were okay. It took a lot of time, but the pain gradually was bearable and it seems like it is because they do surgery on me due to me being stabbed.

“I thought I lost you… You have been asleep for 3 days.” Mom said crying. “Why do you do something so stupid like that!”

3 days?! What happen when I was asleep? “The Princess? How is she?” I ask.

“The princess is okay for now… though she haven’t woken up yet.” Mom said to me. “I went to where her room is and saw the Queen, and she said that Jennie woken up the night of the incident and started crying then fall asleep.”

“Where is father?” I ask as I didn’t saw him.

“Your father is now organizing a manhunt for every organ traders in the country.” She said to me. “He is very angry right now and urge the police to organize a separate department tracking down serial kidnappers and organ traders. The people also support him and Siwon is also campaigning for it. Seriously how dare those criminals stabbed you! I heard that you protected the princess from being stab when you came in between them.”

As I heard this my eyes wonder. Didn’t they know that I was stab because I was trying to stop the Princess, and she was the one who stab me.

“Thank god it didn’t hit any of your vital organs… If you have died… I will definitely kill those criminals.” Mom said. “Or your father might have… Your little sister Lami have heard about the news but we persuade her not to come back since she is in the middle of her drama shoot.”

“I worried that little deer huh?” I just said remembering my sister. I tried to get up but my mother told me to rest first. Then my father called and my mother, assure that I was alright, went outside. Good thing that my phone is right just beside me so to past time and so I try to get something out of the news and man, me and the Princess are trending.

I also got a lot of calls and messages from my friends so I open our group chat and just type I wake up now. Still alive! They all send congratulatory things for me and also said they will be going here.

After a few hours, all of my friends are now being noisy in my room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter