Family…

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

Family…

 

 

 

 

No one’s pov…

 

 

Back in Jeonju…

 

Jisoo was cleaning the dishes when suddenly one of the kids shouted. She rushes to the living room to see the kids jumping in joy.

“Unnie… We found Jennie unnie!” Ella shouted as she point at the TV. Jisoo then saw her bestfriend wearing a weird outfit standing in the middle of the crowd dumbstruck.

“Hey I heard the kids shouting? Why—.” But Aunt Jihyo didn’t even have the time to response as she also saw what Jisoo saw. Jennie at the National Foundation Day celebration at the Palace and the Queen is walking closer to her.

““Everyone… please meet the Crown Princess of Korea.”

Jisoo and Jihyo’s eyes widened and could not believe what the Queen dowager announced.

Taeyeon it finally came. Jihyo thought as she saw

 

 

Back at the palace….

 

With the great commotion that happen Jennie was escorted back to the palace and was detain in one of its room. After the festivities all parties involve are now in one room. The Queen dowager BOA, Princess Kwon Irene. Prime Minister Kim Jaejoong and wife Jung Jessica and son Kim Jong-in. Defense Minister Son Ho Young, and lastly Choi Siwon. Of course Royal secretary Jung Yunho. Lastly the main person of their concern who is trashing wildly at her restraint, Jennie.

“I knew it!!! All of you are bad people! You are going to kidnap the kids in the orphanage and sell them! HELP!!” Jennie was being hysterical. She can’t think straight due to the fact that she almost die zip lining on the decoration streamers.

Just then Ms. Jung walk towards the rampaging girl and give her a knock on the head. “WOULD you shut-up for a second!” She scolded the girl. “There will be no selling nor kidnapping. Also would you please act normal infront of the Queen dowager.”

“Queen what?” Jennie calm down for a second and then look behind of Ms. Jung in which she saw an old woman.

She immediately recognize her as, the picture of the Queen was on the police station and the office of the Chief Jaesuk. She couldn’t speak as she remember she curse at the Queen earlier.

“Is this King Jiyong’s daughter?” Ho Young asks the Queen Boa. “Now I know why you are reluctant to show her.”

Boa just sigh and then signal the guards to release Jennie’s bindings. “Little girl… sorry if there is a misunderstanding on bringing you here.” She started. “I wanted to meet you after the festivities has finish but since you came to Seoul, I order the royal guards to fetch you… but it seems there is a kind of misunderstanding. The Kim’s son also got involved and I apologize for that.”

“It’s nothing, Your Higness.” Jaejoong said. “My son here is a just person, he wouldn’t turn a blind eye if he see’s something evil.”

“So… Why do you want to meet me?” Jennie asks them. “I mean you even kidnap me.”

“Do you Kwon Jiyong?” Boa asks.

“Isn’t that the name of the Late King?” Jennie said and Boa just nodded. “Why are you asking me that?”

Just then Boa saw a necklace on Jennie’s neck and then look at it. She knows the real owner of that necklace as it was the precious necklace of her son Jiyong. Just then she then hug Jennie and said. “My granddaughter.” Jennie was little bit surprise of what the Queen said. “I finally found you…”

Jennie didn’t know what to say, but one thing for sure, is that she didn’t believe anything the Queen said, so she push her off her and said. “No, no, no… You might have taken the wrong girl… I mean I am clearly not a princess…” But before she could finish Yunho interjected.

“It is no doubt you are the daughter of King Jiyong.” Yunho said. “Kim Jennie, daughter of Kim Taeyeon and Kwon Jiyong. Born January 16, 2003, In Jeonju. You are entrusted at Sunset Glow Orphanage by your mother since you were born…. and she never came…” But before Yunho could finish what she was trying to say. Jennie shouted.

“Stop!!” He loud voice echoes throughout the room. “My Eomma… my Eomma, she is coming back for me!”  Jennie glare at him. Jennie then stand up and walk to the door.

“Jennie-ah.” Boa try to calm her down.

“I don’t know what are you talking about or what you are plotting but I am not buying it!” Jennie yelled. “My father is the King? Who the hell will believe that? Who will believe that the King of this Nation abandon his wife and his daughter? Tell me who? No one! So please I don’t want to be involve in this Royalty nonsense. Goodbye.” She then respectfully bow to the elders inside and went out. But went back again because she forgot something. “Sorry I forgot my bag…” She then went towards Yunho and ask for some pocket money so that she could go back to Jeonju, in which the man gave her. Well she glare at him so he couldn’t say no.

“Wow… I never thought that Jiyong;s daughter will be that… that kind of girl.” Siwon said dumbfounded. He know Jiyong since his younger days and that kind of attitude definitely not came from Jiyong.

“Halmeoni… I’ll try to convince her.” Irene said as she went out to talk to Jennie.

“So that was the Princess.” Ho Young said. “Quite gutsy and bullheaded. Still, are you sure that she can inherit the crown?”

“Your highness the anti-royalty function will going to make a field day if that girl will inherit the crown.” Siwon said. “I don’t think she is fit for succeeding the throne.”

“I beg to differ.” Jaejoong interjected. “I think that girl should inherit the crown. Beside it’s going to be interesting how she will stir up the government.”

“Jae… if she do that all of the work will be pile on us.” Siwon countered.

 

Outside, Irene try to catch up with Jennie who is by now trying to find the right way to the train station.

“Jennie-shi wait!” Irene said as she catch up with Jennie. “The bus station is far from here and also it is gotten dark.” Irene said. “Let me give you arrive to Jeonju this is the least I can do also to talk to you about what happen earlier.”

Jennie wanted to refuse but she couldn’t be more right as the sky turns dark. So she accepted the girls offer and Irene immediately call her guard to send them a car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene’s pov…

 

 

“I’m Kwon Joohyun, people called me Irene. Just like you I am also the granddaughter of the Queen and more or less I am your cousin.” I introduce myself it was three hour drive to Jeonju

“I know who you are.” Jennie said to me. “Your face is always plastered on my friends phone as his wallpaper. What I want to know why do you want to talk to me.”

“About what happen earlier.” I said to her. “Jennie-shi… I know that all of what happen is a bit confusing and unbelievable but, You are Appa… no King Jiyong’s daughter making you the first line to the throne.”

“How can I believe that?!” She shouted at me. “Sorry… it is just hard to believe that someone like me would be related to Korea’s royal family.”

“Well I am too were shock when I saw your profile.” I blurted out and she eyed me.

“They investigated me?” She said to me but I also heard her stomach grumble. I signal the driver to stop in a nearby rest area to eat. I let her order something but I was surprised on how many she ordered.

“To answer your question earlier, the Queen didn’t investigate about you… your father did, to be exact he investigate your mother’s whereabouts .” I answer her. “Halmeoni said that 2 years ago, King Jiyong wanted to find your mother. But while investigating about her, they also found out about you too. Though about you being related to the Royal family… they only know about it recently and the King didn’t know also.”

She didn’t answer back and just eat her food. After she get in the car and we resume our drive back to her home in silence. A few hours later we arrive at the orphanage and a woman was waiting for Jennie.

“Jennie!” The woman hugged Jennie. “What happen? Are you hurt?”

“Sorry, for intruding.” I said to the woman. “I am Kwon Joohyun people call me Irene.”

“It is okay… My name is Song Jihyo. I am the caretaker of the orphanage. Thank you for bringing her back. Yah! Jennie say thank you.” Ms. Song said to Jennie who is about to go inside.

“Aniyo mam, we are the one at fault.” I said to her. “And Jennie-shi… please… reconsider. You are Halmeoni’s last family.”

She didn’t turn back and just went upstairs. Ms. Song apologize for Jennie’s action and I just said that it was alright.

As the car went back to Seoul, my heart aches. Not because of what happen earlier, but when I called Appa Ji as King Jiyong. I know that he is Jennie’s father but still… denying the fact that the King was like our father hurts me and now someone will calling him Appa hurts me more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie’s pov…

 

“Korea’s Princess Found!”

“King Kwon Jiyong’s hidden daughter introduce to the world!”

“A Princess or a Gangster? Hidden Princess past unveil!”

 

South Korea was shock when Queen Boa introduce the Heir for the Throne at the National Foundation Day Celebration at the Palace a few days ago. We now uncover who is this mysterious heir and where she is this whole time. Princess Kim Jennie, 14 years old and is currently residing at Sunset Glow Orphanage at Jeonju…

 

It’s been 3 days since what happened and my life has gotten chaotic because of that. As I wake up in the morning I thought that it was just all a dream so I went to school like nothing happen. But when class ends, and I went back to the orphanage with Jisoo, we were swarm by reporters who try to take pictures of us. I was still pissed of what happen so I take it on the reporters and use my baton and sway it so that no one will approach us. I even threaten them, but of course they won’t stop.

“Are they waiting for me again at the gate?” I asks for some reason my head was aching due to the stress this attention I am getting.

“Well what do you expect you are the Royal Princess.” Jisoo teased me. “We can’t go out at the front gate, or else we will be late.”

Since that day, I became a bother to my siblings here in the orphanage and I am deeply sorry for it.

“Don’t worry, I texted Bobby and B.I to fetch us. I also told them to bring their friends with them.” I said to Jisoo. “They will bring their mopeds with them.”

“And how can we surpass those reporters at the front?” Jisoo asks me.

“Who says we are going out from the front?” I said to her. Once we finish breakfast we sneak to the back of the orphanage. We wore our tack suit just in case, because we will go down the steep slope.

Sunset Glow was build close to a cliff in which down below was the beach, that is why the backyard has a 2 meter tall wall so that the kids will not fall from there. Well not me of course since I use that path to sneak out from time to time. I even made a ladder out of rope to make my sneaking out easier.

“This is not what I think we are going to do for the sake of coming to school.” Jisoo shouted at me as we climb down. “Hey Kids climb down gently ok?”

“Yah! Jisoo we have done this before why are you complaining now!” I said. “Beside it is a great experience for the kids!”

“We could catch you two, you know?” B.I shouted at me.

“Don’t believe him Jennie!” Bobby shouted. “Yah! You know how heavy Jennie is!”

“Yah! I heard that!” I said as I notice that the ground is closer now I jump and landed safely to the ground. Jisoo did too and seriously she landed like a princess.

“You know Jen… the whole South Korea will really be shock that their princess is doing something like this.” B.I said to me.

“Shut it okay! I don’t want to hear that princess crap ever” I glare at him. “Hey you guys!” I called on B.I’s gang. “Make sure to bring my brothers and sisters to their school on time or else you will answer to me Arraseo!”

They all nodded and take the kids to their school. The two of us on the other hand, hop unto our friends bikes as we went to our school. Of course some of the reporters spotted us and I asks the two to drive faster. At school, this time we climb at the back wall of the school just to enter it, as there were also heard of reporters waiting for me outside. Of course my P.E teacher caught us, but was understanding enough to just let it go.

The school well they are still in awe. I mean the teachers were suddenly nice to me and praise me a lot. My fans at school doubled though, with a lot of male trying to be nice to me.

“You seems stress?” Jisoo said to me. “By the way… are you really not going to accept being a princess?”

“You too?” I said getting annoyed. “You do know that I am not cut out for it right? Also… I don’t like meeting fake people.”

Yesterday, the mayor came to our orphanage and acting like he was the one who supported the Sunset Glow. He even told me to smile on camera. Of course I didn’t do as I told and went to get the garden hose and douse them with water. I curse at him and told everyone watching how he neglected the orphanage and even cut off the budget for the orphanage. I know this because, I overheard Aunty Jihyo talking about it whenever she is angry.

Just then I saw Jisoo looking over the window and I wonder what she was looking at. Outside, I saw a black car entering the school. A few minutes after, a teacher suddenly called me to go to the principal’s office.

Once inside I saw someone who I don’t want to see.

“Could you all leave us alone for a few minutes?” The woman said and the teachers, principal, and her secretary left us alone on that room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boa’s pov…

 

The catastrophe that is called Jennie have been unleashed to the world. That is my initial reaction when I saw every news following that faithful day. With Yunho’s suggestion that I should let the girl cool off since she was raging mad when we told her about her lineage, but it has been three days and the destruction that girl created has been really consistent.

 

 

“Princess destroy media’s camera!”

“Princess cursed at the media!”

“Princess reveal politician’s dirty past!”

 

Every single hour her actions for this past few days have been plastered all over the news. The  National Assembly has been in turmoil because of her and Siwon and Jaejoong has been in a lot of fun. They already flush those corrupt officials from Jeonju, because of that.

Still a lot of the Anti-Royal faction has been gearing up because of what my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter