The Prettiest Flower 2

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

The Prettiest Flower 2

 

 

Tiffany’s pov….

 

 

I crumble the newspaper as I saw the headline for the news today. My family was having breakfast and I couldn’t believe myself on how much publicity this newly appointed crown princess is having.

 

“Crown Princess announces charity event for the orphan kids!”

“Crown Princess boasts about her charity event!”

 

It was all about the crown princess this, the crown princess that, even the charity event that my beautiful daughter organize was overshadowed by what the crown princess did. She insulted my daughter in front of our guests and the media and even dare to lecture me about how charity is all about.

“Madam the Royal Palace has sent an invitation for the Hwang family.

I then read the contents and was baffle of the time and place the charity event will be held. Even the attire was somewhat weird.

“Eomma is it about the charity event the Crown Princess is doing?” My daughter asks

“Yes, but the invitation is a bit weird.” I said. “The time set is late in the morning and the place is at the Hanggang River Park. The dress code is weirder as it says dress casually, and no gown or anything.”

“Jiwoo, do you hear about anything from Mino?” My husband asks as he knows our son is friend with Princess Irene’s personal guard.

“Nope…” Jiwoo just answer. “Though he always complains about the Crown Princess being crazy, but about the event, no.”

“So Eomma are we going to the Charity event?” My daughter asks me.

I think hard for a moment as I weigh in the pros and cons. If we don’t go, we will admit defeat and be a laughing stock in the society. It will also show that my daughter doesn’t understand the heart of those kids who we help. But if we go and then she proves that she is right, we will also be humiliated.

“Why not go.” My husband said to me. “It seems you are weighing on which will be more beneficial to our family…”

“And you want to be curse by the media?” I said to him.

“Minyoung-ah.” He called my name. He only calle me by my real name when my husband is scolding me. “I am not saying this because I like the Crown Princess, but Siwon, and Jaejoong have been saying good things about her this past few weeks. I couldn’t even believe that the promise we made to purge the incompetence in the government has been going smoothly thanks to the Crown Princess.”

I know what he means. Since those three assume their position they have been trying to cleanse the government but the opposition was too great even with the backing of the King. But when the Crown Princess was announced to the public not only that they have a reason to investigate the assembly but also they oust the corrupt Commissioner general of the police.

“Rose… this is your decision.” I said to my daughter. “If you want to go then we will also go.”

“I want to see what the crown princess wanted me to see.” Rose smile and I still can’t believe that she really came from. My daughter is really the cutest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rose’s pov….

 

 

I heard stories about the crown princess. How she zip line on the decorations and landed at the center of the gathering. How she cursed so loud. How she denounced the mayor of Jeonju and even what have done to the province as the leader of the gang there. How she rescued those children and lastly how she isn’t your typical royal princess.

I know my mother will hate me for this but I really want to be friends with her that is why I invite her to my charity ball. I want to be close to her more but when she said those things to me it thought Is this what her true character are? I know that she isn’t like those pretenders that I always encounter with my mom but to judge me when she didn’t even know what I have been doing or how much help did I give to those people; my heart was disappointed.

But what she said that night about what have I been doing, I keep thinking about it. So when my mother asks me if I would like to attend the princess event, I said yes.

Like what the invitation says Our family (except father) went to Hanggang River Park and dress casually. Of course there is a lot of press outside of the venue as such we were interview by some. Of course my mother handle them elegantly. An attendant of the park guides us and even we are far away we were curious as we were hearing some noise to where the attendant is guiding us.

But as we went closer, the noise is getting louder and we arrive, I didn’t realize where I am. There were kids running around everywhere. I realize that the venue was at the children’s park and the kids are all playing. What even surprise me is that who are the kids are playing with.

Crown Princess Jennie and Princess Yeri are playing with the kids on the slide. Princess Irene is reading books with the kids. Also there is the Prime minister’s son Kai playing tag with the kids, while the President’s son Suho is playing catch with the other kids. I also saw their friends with them too.

I also look around and saw Mino whom I know was a bit serious, playing hide and seek with the older kids.

No matter how you look at this, isn’t this a playground? I thought.

Just then someone tug my dress and saw a little girl smiling at me.

“You are that nice unnie that read us a book before?” the little girl said to me. “Are you going to read us a book again?”

“Oh Rose-shi you are here.” Jennie-shi approach us. “Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted my parents.

“Crown Princess? What is this?” My mother asks.

“Uhmm a playground Charity event?” The Crown Princess answer nonchalantly. “By the way, little girl I will borrow this unnie for now ok.”

The Crown Princess drag me away and I was about to complain but then she shouted. “Hey the main star is here! We can now do the stage!”

“What?!” I just said to her.

“What? You didn’t see the sign on your way here?” She asks me. “It’s a charity even by the Royal Princesses and Choi Chaeyoung.”

Wait is there a sign like that when we enter?

“Rose unnie… hurry up and wear this.” Princess Yeri said.

I then look and saw the dress Princess Yeri is holding and it was for a princess.

“Yeri said you are smart so try and memorize your lines.” Crown Princess said to me. “Well from what I’ve heard from the kids this is the favorite stories you always read for them so I think you already know the story.”

“What are we doing?” I ask them.

“What else, Sleeping Beauty with a twist.” The Crown Princess says smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one’s pov…

 

 

“Aishhh this job is too boring.” B.I said as he apprehends another person trying to cause trouble to the charity event.

“Bro this is the assignment given to us by Captain Changmin.” Bobby said. “If we do better here we can be assigned as Jennie’s guard. Also we cannot call the Crown Princess as Jennie. She isn’t like she used to be.”

“I know ok.” B.I answer. He already done great lengths just to be recommended as a Royal guard trainee. The fact that the Captain of the Royal guards singlehandedly crush him at the entrance exam show him how much effort he needs to do to be even be one.

Also, his older brother was also recommended by his father and another candidate name Taehyung is also vying to be assigned as Jennie’s guard.

“By the way this kind of event is what I expect Jennie would do.” B.I said looking at the kid’s party Jennie have made. “I really don’t care what everyone says she is; she will always be our leader.”

“I agree with you.” Bobby said.

“Well if you two don’t act like guards then your chances will be slim.” The two look back then saw Changmin.

“ Run!” The two run and went to a different side to patrol.

“Xiumin is that guy really your half-brother?” Changmin asks Xiumin who was with him.

“Yes… brat as he may be he still my brother.” Xiumin said. “Though I still can’t believe that guy is a close friend of the Crown Princess.”

“I will ask this once… can we trust him?” Changmin asks.

“Yes… I assure you. My brother can protect the Crown Princess.” Xiumin answer without any hesitation.

 

 

Back at the event…

 

The Choi’s couldn’t believe what they are witnessing now. The rowdy atmosphere earlier was now gone and the kids are now carefully seated as they wait for a performance. Their daughter was drag earlier by the crown princess and they don’t even know what they will do to her.

“Hello kids!” Princess Irene then emerged on the stage and greeted the audience. “Are you all having fun?” She asks and the kids answer enthusiastically. “To make your afternoon more fun, we, are now going to watch a play, does anyone of you know what a play is?”

“A stage show!” The kids answered.

“Wow what smart kids.” Irene said to the kids. “Oh… the actors are now ready. So let us all watch the stage show!”

 

The play start and Tiffany was surprise to see her daughter dress in a princess costume performing. From what they could understand the play was sleeping beauty but there is something off? Why is the princess trapped in a castle guarded by some ugly looking monster? The weird part is the monster are Mino, Suho and Kai. Then the witch emerges and truthfully she was surprise to see it was Princess Irene.

Tiffany then look around and the kids are laughing because of the silliness of the monster’s costumes and how it is falling apart. Then the part of the hero emerge and Tiffany just smack her head as she saw the Crown Princess dress in a prince clothing together with which she believes was the royal aided Seulgi and Jisoo. The other two girls are wearing magicians clothing like in Harry potter while the other has an archer costume. It was like those fantasy series you all see in anime’s.

Then the happens and the kids are all starting to get hyped. Jennie is now at the witch castle and was about to fight the witch. Irene then chant a spell that makes a huge dragon. From the side Kai, Mino and Suho are holding this one huge costume of a dragon making it look big.

Jennie, Seulgi and Jisoo fight off the monster with Jennie wielding a lightsaber. It was fun for the kids because the TRIO monster was really doing a poor job in making the dragon scary. The archer hit it in the face and it crumbles easily. So once it was down Jennie just hit it with sword and the people backstage just drag the dragon out of the stage.

The last battle was with Irene and the fight scene was well choreograph, that the kids were all on the edge of their seat. In the end The witch was killed and the prince went to kiss princess. The kids were squealing while Tiffany was about to get up to stop the show but her husband just stop her.

On the stage Rose knew that she needs her eyes close when it was about to do the kiss scene but of course she was nervous if the Crown princess will really kiss her. But the anticipation was killing her and she slightly open her eyes just too see Jennie just inches from her face.

Her heart was beating fast and was frozen on the spot. But Jennie just kiss her on the cheeks and of course like the story itself she awoke and hug the prince.

At the end of the story the other actors join them on the stage and take the final bow as the kids clap their hands for them. Rose seeing the happy faces of the kids felt something in her heart. Something that she didn’t felt when she was just donating the proceeds of her charity event to the orphanage.

After the performance it was time for the kids to eat some snacks that the Royal Chef has prepared and together with the Crown Princess and her friends, Rose join in on serving and taking care of the kids.

Tiffany wanted to stop her daughter but when she saw how happy her daughter is she leave them alone. Tif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter