The Prettiest Flower…

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7

 

The Prettiest Flower…

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie’s pov…

 

“And now we call on for the next award…” The principal address us.

Yup you heard me “US”. It is our graduation today, and I know that it is just a simple matter to some, since we are just moving from middle school to high school but since my grandmother was here attend it, the whole thing became a big deal.

She was now on the stage sitting while glancing at me. By the way, the Mayor didn’t come to attend, as my Halmeoni knows that he was the one who cut the budget of the orphanage and use it for his campaign. We’ll let just say that he is being investigated. Back to the recent happenings. Since my Family are here (The Queen Dowager, My Princess cousins Irene and Yeri with their aid Seulgi.) and also some irritating friends (Mino, Suho, and Kai), let just say that this simple graduation became a national headline the next day.

“For the various achievement of this young students in maintaining the peace and order of the school and also the protecting the city of Jeonju. We award this plaque of appreciation and a commendation for their outstanding achievements. Kim Hanbin, Kim Ji-won, and Crown Princess Kwon Jennie.”

As soon as we are called we went up stage to receive the award. It was my second time to be on the spotlight and the first time the school awarded me for the things I have done. Truthfully this is the only thing I compromise to them since, I heard they want me to do the representative speech for our batch and I decline. The obvious reason is that the privilege is given to the top students, which in our case is Jisoo and I don’t want to take that away from my friend. Beside Jisoo rakes all the educational achievement that my Grandmother was very happy giving her the awards.

After the whole pleasantries my Grandmother was ask to do an ending speech. It was so awe inspiring that it make blush for a moment. Once the ceremony and all of the pleasantries are done they finally announce that it’s over.

Most of my classmates (mostly girls) came to me for a picture and I just accept them. Some of my juniors too went and give me and Jisoo some flowers congratulating us. The next part was B.I and Bobby’s gang also came that they almost been round-up by the royal guards. They also presented the three of us some gifts mostly a brass knuckle and lastly my very own mo-ped bike that they assemble just for me. They customize it with a Black and a Pink color scheme that it looks bad-.

I ask my grandmother if I could bring it to Seoul and she just agree. So lastly I took a picture with my gang and order them to continue what I do and protect Jeonju. They all roar their bikes as they started to go their duty.

We all went back to the orphanage in which a huge party was set for mine and Jisoo’s graduation. Yunho ajushi said that they hire a catering services for the food. It was fun day except for the fact that three boys who wasn’t even invited here were eating the food like it is their home.

I might understand about Mino-shi since he stick like a glue to Irene unnie, but Kai and Suho are we really don’t have much of a relationship with these two, well except the fact that Kai almost die protecting me.

These past few months was a rollercoaster. Since I learned about my birth right as a princess of South Korea… everything became chaotic and fun. Many people don’t bash me anymore and for some weird reason, the police use me as a symbol for crime prevention and justice. It was humiliating to see my face in every bus stop. Irene unnie console me that it also happen to her but for the Education and Wellness.

Halmeoni also give me the reports about my mother’s whereabouts, also a gift coming from her.

“It was deliver here early in the morning. Ms. Song recognize the handwriting, so it really came from Taeyeon.” Halmeoni stated.

The gift my mother gave me was a simple music box. It is also part recorder and when I open it, a voice suddenly was heard.

“Jennie-ah… congratulation! I want to be there to see you graduate but I can’t. I’m very sorry about this but I have something that I don’t want you to be involve with. Don’t worry… we will all be family soon. I’m sorry that can’t be there right now celebrating with you. But please remember… I love you with all of my heart and I really miss you.”

I know from the sound of my mother’s voice that she is holding her tears, that she really love me.

“Base on the where the delivery is sent, she is in Europe right now.” Halmeoni said to me. “I don’t know what she’s gotten into, but I promise you she will be safe.”

“Thanks Halmeoni.” I said as I hugged her. I then join the party and it looks like Aunty Song wanted to play some games so I joined them.

It was a good day for all of us… until the day I will be leaving to Seoul arrive. The kids at the orphanage were all crying and Jisoo and I are trying to console them.

“You kids let go of your Jennie and Jisoo unnie.” Aunty Song scolded them.

“But Aunty… Do they don’t love us?” Seojun asks crying.

“It is not like that…”

“I don’t want Jennie and Jisoo unnie go!!” Ella shouted as she grab my leg. “We are her family so she need to stay here.”

“That is right!!” Naeun said as she also grab Jisoo’s hand. “Unnie you love us right?”

“Ella,  Seojun, Naeun stop this!” Aunty Song said to the kids. “Jennie needs to go to her family now.”

“But Aunty…” The kids trying to reason out but Aunty Song explain something to them.

“Do you want your Jennie unnie to be happy?” The kids nod. “Your Jennie unnie is going to her real family now so that she could be happy. Your Jennie unnie loves all of you and wanted you all to be happy, but right now… it is your job now to give that happiness to your unnie by letting her be with her family.”

The kids muffle their cry and went towards me, Ella came first and signal me to kneel down. She then hugged me tight and told me that she wish me luck and she loves me. The kids came by one by one and do the same with Jisoo. Though still reluctant they accepted that we are moving away now from the orphanage.

“I promise, we will visit when I have a break from school!” I shouted to the kids who is waving and saying goodbye to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho’s pov…

 

 

I have been the Secretary for the Royal family since the old King’s reign. I also trained some noble families and also some sons and daughters of prominent family. Some are handful but they all still abide by my rules. But the princess…. Even her father is not this crazy.

We let her settle in first for a couple of days, and she already making havoc. First all of the curtains were pry open. She complains that the whole palace was so gloomy. The next thing is that she try and help for breakfast that the maids and cooks were startled by it in the morning. Luckily Changmin was there and usher her out of the kitchen before the Queen woke up.

Another thing is…. “Daesung… she’s coming towards you!!”

Daesung then block her path but this girl is quite agile as she jump high enough for her to pass the Royal butler. But that was our plan as Seulgi and Jisoo is lying in wait to catch her, and they did it.

“Seulgi-ah! Jisso-ah!! Release me!! By the power of the Crown Princess I demand you release me!! Ms. Sunny… please help me they are trying to hurt the Crown Princess!!” Jennie shouted trying to use her authority, but failed.

Due to the fact that Jennie hates studying Royal etiquette , the Queen issue an order that when it is her studying time, she can’t leave the study hall without permission. Any maids, guards or princess (since Yeri help her last time) will be punished. That is why no one will help her now.

I get the handcuff the I borrow from Changmin and cuff her and bring her back to the study room where, Irene and Yeri are sitting quietly.

“Now that all of you are here let’s continue our lesson.” I said to them.

4 of the girls are silently listening to me, while Jennie is doing her stuff again. Truthfully this girl is smart. Smart enough to understand Confucian writings, her only problem is she has an attention span of a 4 year old kid. After the lesson, she immediately bolted out of her seat to go outside together with Yeri.

“Arghhh… The Princess will be the death of me…” I said as I slump back on my chair.

“I’m sorry Yunho-ajushi.” Jisoo apologize.

“Yah Jisoo… how does that girl even be on one of the top student in your school?” I ask her. “With that attitude and laziness… I have my doubts.”

“Well… Jennie, studies in loud places. Noraebang shops, game center, even when there is gathering of her gang.” She said to me. “I tag along once and seriously the sound of engines roaring. People talking nonsense… I can’t even concentrate. Also ajuhsi. For some reason Jennie hates history… she always said that those were the mistake of the pasts why are we try to relive them or something.”

That is why she always so loud. I thought. Jisoo then went out as Jennie called her to play. Seriously, I sometimes hope that Jisoo was the Crown Princess from time to time because she is so ladylike. There was an article about the five girls who are living here in the castle that was publish after Jennie live here. Seulgi is already on the spotlight as the aid of Irene, but when Jennie, Irene, Yeri, and the aids Seulgi and Jisoo also was on the picture, people wonder if there is five princesses inside the castle and not three.

After I clean up the lesson plan on my table I went outside to see the girls watching something on Irene’s laptop. I peek a little and saw it was the news about Tiffany Choi’s charity event being covered by the media and it looks like she brandishing her charitable acts again.

As I remember, Tiffany Choi or Tiffany Hwang before she married Choi Seunghyun, the brilliant prosecutor and now the Minster of Justice at a young age. I know about Seunghyun as he was a childhood friend of Jiyong, Tiffany on the other hand was one of the potential candidate to Jiyong’s wife. Tiffany’s father was a former head of the Prosecutors of South Korea and also a  supporter of the Royals, thus Tiffany as an only child of the Hwang’s became the potential candidate to be Queen, but it change when the former King (Jiyong’s father) was investigated for bribery and use of authority. Though the charges was dropped by the minister of justice at that time, the Hwang’s became an anti-Royal. So basically Tiffany hates the Royal Family to the bone.

“There she goes again… trying to lead the media that the Royal family isn’t helping the poor.” Yeri muttered.

“What do you mean by that?” Jisoo asks.

“Mrs. Choi hates the Royal family, and she has been pushing for the bill that will weaken the power of the Royal Family inside the government.” Seulgi said. “Though Mr. Choi help King Jiyong from time to time, his sense of justice make them a neutral family.”

“Who is that girl?” Jennie suddenly pointed at the girl beside Tiffany.

“That’s Chaeyoung unnie.” Yeri answer. “She prefer to be called Rose though. She is a cutie unnie who looks like a chipmunks when she eats. She is just a year older than me and she is very lovely and kind. Unlike her mother, she is friend with us.”

“Why Jennie do you want to meet her?” Irene asks.

“Yeah… she looks so cute though.” Jennie said.

“Then why not?” I finally join the girls conversation. “This is an invitation from them.” I then give them the invitation from the Choi’s. “They are going to held their annual charity event in support of the orphans, and since Princess Jennie was an orphan a few months ago, they want to invite the Royal Family.”

“Really?” Irene said suspiciously. “I mean they didn’t invite me last year.”

“I suppose they want you to tell the journalist about the situation of the orphanage in Jeonju and then try to blame the situation to the Royals.” I said to her. “So why not go there as the Royal Family’s representative. Besides… you need some place to actually show your etiquette training so why not there.”

“Ajushi!!!” Jennie complain but I just grin as I walk away.

I then went to the Queen Dowagers office and saw her reading some reports on the company and also on the Royal museum.

“My Queen… what do you want to achieve by letting the Crown Princess go to that party?” I ask of her.

“Yunho-ah… let me ask you this… Jennie’s position as the Crown Princess, do you really think it is stable?” She ask me. “The masses already acknowledge her and I know Jaejoong, and Siwon will be there to support her but there are people who still think that Jennie isn’t qualify for the position.”

“Do you mean the old nobles?” I ask and she nodded. “They are the families that stood the test of time and became the backbone of the society.”

“That is right… Even though Tiffany change her surname she is still influential in the noble household of Hwangs, which is one of the influential nobles in our country. That is why I wanted to at least make them support Jennie.” The Queen said to me.

“Wouldn’t it be hard for Jennie-shi, to gain their favor?” I ask her. “The History between the Hwangs and the Royal Family… Even Jiyong tried but…”

“It is because of my husband that the Hwangs severe their tie with us.” The Queen said. “But I believe that Jennie will be the one to change the Hwang’s perspective on us.”

We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter