The Two Princess…

Heir To the Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

The Two Princess…

                                                                    

 

No one’s pov…

 

“The Revealing of a Princess!!”

 

SBS NEWS: The Royal Family will answer question in a press conference today, regarding the sudden appearance of a hidden princess. The said princess, who is named Kim Jennie who is living in an orphanage at Jeonju have been in the subject of the news for almost a week after the Queen Dowager announce on the National Foundation Day that was held at the Royal Palace…. We are now waiting for the first official media conference of the Crown Princess of Korea.

 

 

Jennie watch as the news site cover the now press conference that will happen in just a few minutes. She then look at the participants and she could tell that this is a big deal to everybody. Well her being in the hospital a few days ago was also a big deal to everyone. Thankfully her grandmother took care of everything. The children at the orphanage also came and visit her, and some even cry seeing their beloved older sister at the hospital.

“Jennie… you reviewed the questions right?” The Queen asks.

“Yup.” Jennie answered. Hearing her answer to the Queen made everyone in the room tense as it is clearly not a royal manner to do so. Still they know that the princess wasn’t trained in the palace so they just keep quiet.

“Jennie… please approach this seriously.” The Queen scolded as she knows that her granddaughter is like her parents, hot-blooded and stubborn. “I know you want to say the truth but please don’t try and instigate the public… they already seen enough of what you can do in this past week.”

It was agreed upon by The Queen and Jennie to tell the truth about her birth but decided to omit the part where the former King, Jiyong’s father, separated the two and just settled that Taeyeon, Jennie’s mother hid her after the accident due to guilt.

“Yes…. Halmeoni.” Jennie said and even though she was called like that by Irene and Yeri, The Queen felt joy in her heart as finally Jennie is now opening up to her.

Just a few minutes, Jennie, The Queen, Kwon Boa step upto the stage with a lot of camera flashing. Yunho then calm the media and as the whole place settled they started the press conference.

 

“Your Highness, is it true that the late King Jiyong has a hidden daughter? And that daughter is the one who is sitting beside your Highness?”

“Yes that is true”  Boa answered. Boa then told the reporters about her son’s love life mostly what she knows about Taeyeon, though she didn’t tell them her full name nor show any picture of her as, she don’t want to jeopardize the search for Taeyeon. She also told them about why Taeyeon hid Jennie from the royal family.

“Your Highness, it is hard to believe such story?” A reporter said and the Queen recognize the man as it is part of a newspaper who always write negative articles regarding the royal family.

“What is hard to believe?” Jennie suddenly answered. Making everyone look at her. “Well I am with you though, because at first, I didn’t believe that I was related to Halmeoni.” She then smiled as she thought about that day. “I thought they were kidnappers… and they were going to sell me. But once I recognized the Queen was in front of me and said I was her granddaughter, I thought they were joking and just ran back home. It took me a lot of time before I accept that fact and also why my Eomma left me at the orphanage for my own safety.”

The crowd was silent by Jennie’s frank answer, and the reporter just back down and with that

“I have a question about the Princess.” A reporter suddenly said as he raise his hand. “There are multiple reports of the Princess getting arrested by the local police and also allegation of her being involve in a gang. Is this true?”

“Can you elaborate what sort of gang is this?” Jennie asks the reporter with a smile, making the surrounding people wonder.

“Your highness what do you mean by that?” The reporter ask.

“It is just that, when you say a gang… it means that a group of people doing bad things.” She explained to the people. “Then I am not.”

“Your Highness there are reports and pictures of you with a local motorcycle gang, rampaging on the streets.” One of the reporter said. “There are police reports of you for assault, destruction of property… the list go on. What could you say about those allegations?”

“Are you really a reporter?” Jennie asks. “Sorry if I disrespect you but, this is a press conference right? And the people who are asking me are the media, reporters who are trained, and know what should be truth or not.” The whole crowd buzz as Jennie stood up and then went to the center of the stage.

“Assault? Yeah I assaulted someone. They are punkass gang from Seoul and some other places who try to harass my classmates and try extort money from them. My “Gang” beat them up and sent them to Seoul with a bloody nose. My “Gang” after class and every weekend, patrol the street of Jeonju catching pickpockets, robbers, and nudist, who try to harm our beautiful city. My “Gang” destroy a door to save a kid from a fire… well if that is in the report you have with you then I will admit it, but if there is nothing that says there what really happen then you know what will happen to you.”

“Those violations regarding the crown princess have been already been cleared by the Jeonju police way before we found out of the crown princess existence.” Yunho said to the press. “Also the other accounts in which she says to you all, were also commended and awarded by the Jeonju police as a contribution to the peace of the Province of Jeonju.”

After that the press went on smoothly and only a handful of question like, if Jennie will be entering the Royal Palace, or what is her stance on different political, social and financial issue. Of course The Queen answer it for them. She told that Jennie will remain in Jeonju to finish her middle school. After that, she will enter the Royal Palace as the Crown Princess and will attend Joongdong High School, an elite high school in Korea.

As for the other question, She just said that the Royal Family will remain neutral regarding political issue and for the other two, she just said that Jennie is still young to understand any of that.

Lastly, as a reporter from the entertainment news ask the last Question, she asks about Jennie’s ideal type of guy.

“My Ideal Type?” Jennie said as she was flustered about the question. “Well, I like guys who are passionate about their job. Someone dedicated and never lose sight of what they love. Also they should look y wearing a suit though.” She joked.

After the press conference they went backstage and into the car. As the car drove off to Sunset Glow orphanage, a scream was heard from inside. It is not from the Queen but from Jennie.

“I’m screwed!!” She said as she try to deny the reality. “I made a fool of myself in front of the whole nation.”

“Well, the way you present yourself is unique in some way, as I may add quite a different character from what everyone perceived as royalty.” Yunho interjected as he review the itinerary for the Queen.

“Still, I am grateful that you didn’t blurted out what your grandfather’s have done.” The Queen said to Jennie.

“It is in the past… and also… Halmeoni…” Jennie called out to her. “Thank you for agreeing with my terms.”

“I also wanted to talk to your mother.” The Queen said. “Also… since you will stay at the orphanage until you graduate from middle school, Yunho will also stay there to teach you the ways of the palace and the Royal Family.”

“Ajushi will?” Jennie asks as he eyed Yunho.

“Don’t worry kid.” Yunho said to her. “You are a tough kid, you could handle it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai’s pov…

 

 

Princess Jennie officially introduce to the nation.

Princess Jennie’s trouble and amazing past revealed!

Hero Princess! The Female version of Admiral Yi Sunshin! Princess Jennie, achievement revealed!

 

+1223/-123: I saw the live press conference and the girl is super hilarious. I don’t even feel any shred of royalty in her.

+3244/-232: I know a sunbae of mine who live at Jeonju and he says that the Crown Princess is a real badass there. He remember her chasing several students from Seoul because they bully one her and her sister.

+2443/-325: The Royal family is doomed if they will let this loose cannon to inherit the throne. Why not just let Princess Irene be the Queen rather than this street gangster.

 

 

As soon as my father have known that the girl I rescue at the Royal Palace was the Crown Princess he literally want me to be friend with her. I want my mom to disagree but in a twist of faith my mother also want me to be friend the Crown Princess. I mean she just warn me not to get a girl like the Crown Princess as a girlfriend and now this.

“Well she is the Crown Princess of Korea… also I want her to model for my brand…” I remember my mom say smiling to me. The truth is, the whole management of the orphanage was given to Mom’s foundation and of course she couldn’t say no to the Queen. So as a consequence, I was force to be the representative.

“I knew it, you are lovestruck.” Suho hyung said to me as he accompany me to Jeonju. He saw me looking at the articles in my phone.

“Hyung, If you say that again I will kick you out of the car.” I said to him. Just like me he’s family also wanted to befriend the Crown Princess. His father is the President of South Korea and also the youngest in history.

Still I couldn’t help but be amazed how cool this girl Jennie is. She is cute and bubbly but in just a couple of second she is this cool and charismatic girl.

We arrive at the orphanage and like I knew, there are some papz roaming around the place trying to take a glimpse of the Crown Princess. I then order my bodyguard to talk to those papz. Of course those nasty papz run away, so me and Sehun went inside the orphanage. But as we are going to knock on the door, we heard a large scream, and a woman suddenly busted out of the window.

“Get her!!” Someone said so I instinctively grab her hand, but it was a wrong move from me as she suddenly try to elbow me in the face.

Of course I grab it too and then restrain her. She was still squirming trying to escape from me. But as I look at this feisty girl I am holding, I was shock to see that it was the Princess.

“Oh Kai! Thank you for catching the princess.” Yunho ajushi said as he get out of the house. He then tie the Princess hands and pull or drag her inside the orphanage.

Me and Sehun was shocked to see all of that and Sehun just said “Hey Kai… are we in the wrong place?”

To make the long story short, the screaming that we heard was from the Princess. Yunho hyung was training the Princess about proper etiquette and though it is sounded so simple but for this girl it looks like hell. I mean she couldn’t even walk gracefully. On the other side her bestfriend another beautiful girl was perfectly doing the etiquette training.

“Hey Kai… are you sure that these girl is the princess.” Suho hyung said to me. “I mean the other girl is more princess-like than that girl.” He then pointed at the other girl.

Then three girls suddenly walk towards us and talk to us. “Ajushi why are here?” A girl with foreigner looks ask me.

“Yah! Aunt Jihyo said we need to introduce ourselves first to the guest before asking someone.” The other girl scolded. “My name is Na Ha Eun, and this girl is Ella Gross the one hiding behind her is Park Na Eun.”

“Ajushi what are your name?” The girl name Ella asks.

“My name is Kim Jong-in but you can call me Kai.” I answer her with a smile.

“My Name is Choi Suho. You can call me Suho.” Hyung said to the little girls.

“Are you Jennie unnie’s boyfriend.” The little girl Naeun asks in her shy voice and really that make us freeze in our sit and the other girls stare at us waiting for an answer.

“ANDWAE!!!” Then some boys which looks like twins came rushing. “Jennie Unnie is ours!”

These two boys, who looks like 4 years old glared at us. Just then a few kids went towards us armed with a broom and sleepers. Thankfully the caretaker of the orphanage came and scolded the kids.

“Sorry about that. Seojun and Seoun are nice kid.” Ms. Song said as she give us some drinks. “Jennie is their big sister and they all look up to her.”

“It’s nothing Ms. Song.” Suho hyung said. “It just shows how they love the Crown Princess.”

I just rolled my eyes on how Hyung talk. The glib tongue of his never really fail. “Ms. Song… my mother has prior engagement for today so she sent me to give you this documents.” I then give a folder to Ms. Song. “My mom said that this orphanage will be put under the care of the royal family and the children’s education will all be shoulder by them too. The management however of the funds will be handled by KWF which my mother is chairwoman off.”

“It’s okay… we accept. I know that it is because Jennie that many organization has been contacting us to fund the orphanage but Jennie said she trust your mother… well with the persuasion of the Queen though.”

Just then we saw the Crown Princess, slumped at the couch head face down, obviously tired from the training. “Aunty… tell Eomma that I will be visiting Appa soon.” She joked.

“This is the first time I saw someone claim they are dying from etiquette training.” Yunho said as he sip some tea. “Can’t believe that you are the one who have been catching bad guys and fighting gangs here in Jeonju. Could you at least acknowledge that you have guest here?”

“I acknowledge.” Jennie sarcastically said. “Are you happy ajushi?” She then sat up straight and look at us, well the right term is glare. But even though she seems angry her puffy cheeks make her look cute.

Then the other girl just smack her head and said. “You know that you will be representing the country as the future Queen right? So you should really clean up your act.”

“How can I do that? I am born like this? Jisoo you know that I don’t want to pretend something that I am not.”

“Ehem…” I clear my throat to attract their attention.

“You are still here?” Jennie asks which earn her another knocking from Jisoo.

“Hello my name is Kim Jisoo… and this right here, well you already know her, she is the Princess Jennie.” Jisoo introduce their selves.

“My name is Choi Suho, and this here is Kim Jong-in but you can call him Kai.” Suho hyung introduce himself.

“By the way… Jennie-shi, here are your clothes.” I interrupted giving her a plastic bag. “We forgot to exchange clothes last time and you suddenly ran away.”

But she suddenly laugh at me which made me confuse. “Sorry… I forgot about what we did that day, and I just remember what you look like when we exchange clothes.”

Her smile was really refreshing, don’t know why my but my heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter