Growing Problems (Pt. 2)

Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoon P.O.V

I walked up the four flights of stairs to my shared apartment with my brother. Knowing he wouldn't be there when I got home I decided to stay out a little while longer and buy dinner from a cheap vendor. By the time I reached home it was already dark and the rain was pouring harder than I've ever seen it before.

I walked in to find my brother wearing nothing but my pink shorts, dancing to Apink's 'NoNoNo'. I stared at him in shock and awe that he can actually pull of those shorts better than I can. I just watched from the entryway enjoying the show.

The part where each member jumps to the left began and MJ looked so tired jumping around and swiveling his hips. I decided to help a brother out and joined in behind him. He turned around when he felt a presence behind him and jumped back, tripping over his two feet and falling on the ground. I stopped dancing and tried hard not to laugh and instead helped him up as a good sister should. When he assured he was okay for the third time I finally busted out laughing.

“Do I even want to know what you were doing,” I asked, trying hard to get my breath back to normal. He stood in front of me pouting with his face flushed.

“Yah- stop laughing! I the tv and it was playing a music program. Don’t judge me,” he whined. I still find it hard to believe he’s older than me.

“So care to explain why you’re wearing my shorts,” I stood smugly waiting for his response. He became even more flustered and struggled to find an answer.

“Fashion”

“What” I deadpanned.

“Haven’t you ever heard of fashion,” he rolled his eyes and scoffed. “I have amazing legs, so naturally it’s best to showcase them. Sadly I don’t have any shorts, so I borrowed yours," he finished casually.

"And being shirtless is fashion…how?"

"I couldn't find any suspenders" he answered honestly and I busted out in laughter again.

"W-why…why are you even dressing like a male e" tears formed from all my laughter. He blushed yet again and stomped away mumbling incoherently, I swear I heard something about a puppy though.

A loud clap of thunder brought me back to reality. A wistful smile formed on my face and I called down the hallway to my brother.

"It's raining," I started. "You know what that means?" I asked excitedly. It was exactly a minute and twenty-nine seconds later that he came running out of his room wearing a bird onesie. We simultaneously looked at each other and a Cheshire grin spread on our faces.

"Slumber party" we yelled at the same time. We started laughing and  I went into my room to change into my fox onesie. Myungjun and I have this tradition that whenever it rains we stay up for the storm, turn off all the lights and watch disney movies the entire time- eating junk food and pretty much having our own Kim sleepover. Which of course includes cute pajamas.

I came out and MJ already started playing the movie, I think it’s Finding Nemo. I always enjoyed that movie, it was so cute and it left me emotional at the end, not gonna lie. I decide to make the popcorn and grab a bag of doritos along with some soda. I plopped down on our worn out couch and handed my brother his share of the snacks.

“We really should be sleeping- we have school tomorrow,” I voiced my worries. He just scoffed and gestured dismissively.

“It doesn’t matter. We got through school once, we can do it again. Besides it’s like we already learned everything,” he argued. I guess he’s right, I’ve already passed my first year of highschool so technically I already know everything. But it was such a long time ago, I’m not that confident in my studying ability to recall information from two years ago. “Hey,” he lifted my chin so I was now facing him “just relax” he ruffled my hair and we went back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter