Go Back (To the Past)

Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, I'm Park Minhyuk but everyone calls me Rocky."

"Kim Jiyoon."

"Nice to meet you, Jiyoon-ah."

-----------------------------

Everything’s gone.

Warmth, gone.

Comfort, gone.

Night, gone.

The only thing left is a blanket of sleep that I refuse to let go of. Even my actual blanket is gone, and it wasn’t until I realized this fact that I felt a breeze blow through. ‘That’s weird’ I thought to myself, ‘all the windows were closed when we went to bed.’ Yeo Reum probably opened them to let in a breeze, the weather has been nicer lately.

“Kim Jiyoon, wake up” I hear a muffled voice say. It doesn’t quite sound like Rocky, but I guess I must be really tired. He shakes my shoulder in an attempt to wake me up.

“Five more minutes, yeobo” I mumble out a reply and switch sides so I’m no longer facing the bright light.

“Yah! Kim Jiyoon, get up!” That doesn’t sound like Rocky. I shoot up from my position and I’m greeted with a loud sour note and cold, black eyes glaring at me. Slowly I take in all the features of the strangely familiar man in front of me. Ghastly pale skin, dark, black, bowl cut, unwavering frown, and a chin slightly tilted up with a sense of arrogance. Everything hits me like a pile of bricks and I got sent into the confusion of a life-time.

“...Sunhyuk-ssi?” Didn’t he graduate a couple years ago? What is he doing here?

“You’re lucky I tolerate you enough to let you use the music room for your own private practice, if not I would’ve kicked you out like I did to your brother and his loser friends the other day...”

I zone him out and finally take in all my surroundings, this definitely wasn’t my living room, because I don’t remember a large window stretching across the opposite wall with the gossamer curtains. I know I don’t remember a grand piano in the middle of the room, I also don’t remember the strange resemblance to the music room at my high school.

“Yah!” Startled, I pulled out of my confused state and focused on the male towering over me. “Get out! Don’t make me say it again, just because you’re a girl, doesn’t mean I won't kick you out.” Flustered and not sure what to do, I quickly got up, bowed in apology and scurried out of the...music room?

Now I know I can’t be at home, considering the fact that I’m in the school hallway, also the few students walking around help prove my point. I look down and notice what I’m wearing, navy blue mini-skirt with a crisp white dressed shirt tucked in and a necktie. Yep, school uniform, oh how much I love my uniform. I must’ve been zoned out a lot lately and functioned on muscle memory until the one day I have school. But that wouldn’t explain what Sunhyuk is doing here, or why he mentioned my brother and his ‘loser friends’ as if they still go here. Unless this is some crazy school-based dream induced by stress of passing classes and still having enough time to sleep and practice. Yeah, that’s probably it- is that... Yeo Reum and Ah Rin?

“Unni!” I wave at them excitedly, typically in my dreams it’s just me alone trying to make sense of a confusing world, it seems nice to have friends to help you out along the way. They seemed to be in an intense conversation, but the second Yeo Reum-unni saw me she whispered something to Ah Rin and went the opposite direction. Away from me.

You could actually hear the sound of my heart shattering just a bit, but I didn’t let that show through. Ah Rin passed by me and I quickly tugged on her arm to get her attention. “Hey, Ah Rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter