Rainy Weather

Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“...everyone calls me Rocky”

“Kim Jiyoon”

“Nice to meet you, Jiyoon-ah”

-------

"Okay girls, good work today, feel free to go home and rest now”

The second the words left the section manager’s pink stained lips I quickly dashed out of the building and hailed the first taxi that passed. Luckily I didn’t need to wait too long outside in the cold, pouring rain, I got in the taxi and told the driver my destination. I let out a sigh of relief as I sat inside the car, hopefully I’d be able to make it to the surprise party before it gets too late.

“Where are you headed to this late” the taxi driver asked me. He was a relatively young man, he seemed friendly enough.

“Just going to meet up with some friends” I curtly replied, I did not have the energy to continue the conversation, we’ve been training non-stop today. Typically I would want nothing more than to lie down on my bed and take a well-deserved nap, but today was special. It’s been two years…

“You’re a high schooler then” I nodded my head.

“Third year”

“Ah, too bad. There was this other girl who was also going to meet up with her friends, I thought you might’ve known each other” with that silence filled the car, except for the raindrops drumming on the windows. I faced them and stared at the trail they left behind as they rolled down. I always found it hypnotizing for some strange reason. The bright neon lights of the city, blending and forming biomorphic shapes. It was like a dance in a strange way, but for the past two years everything seems to be a dance. Trees shaking slightly in the wind, people walking in a crowd, even the steam floating from a cup of coffee reminds me of a delicate dance.

It’s because of him, I think to myself, ever since we started dating the world just seems more graceful. It’s ironic, his movements are sharp and forceful, yet the world is full of nothing but gentle dancing. Love is truly amazing.

Rocky POV

Everyone was having a good time, laughing, talking, playing. Even Eunwoo-hyung seemed to be enjoying himself. Everyone was having a good time, everyone except me, I guess. It’s hard for me to enjoy tonight if the one reason why I’m even debuting tomorrow isn’t here. I keep glancing at the clock, it’s almost midnight, she should be here by now. I slid down the wall I was leaning on and took a seat on the floor.

I checked my phone for the fifteenth time that night in hopes that she would reply. I hope nothing bad happened, I hope she’s on her way, I hope she’s on her way upstairs. I keep telling myself that everything’s fine and she’s just a little late due to traffic or something.

“Yah, you’ve been staring at the wall for the past five minutes with that annoying frown on your face. We’re supposed to be having fun with Yeo Reum and Ah Rin before we debut” MJ said, I didn’t realize that I was frowning. I gave my Hyung a small smile so he wouldn’t worry too much. He let out a deep sigh and took a seat next to me. He looked incredibly serious despite his normal hyper-active, over-dramatic self.

 “Rocky-ah,” he began “I know you’re feeling a bit down because Jiyoonie has been busy with her schedule, but don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter