Wall Climbing

Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don't wanna go back~” Rocky whined trailing behind me. It was a long walk back to Hanlim and he wasn't making it easier by complaining the entire time. He ran about three miles or so away from school, and we had to walk at least an hour to get back. Luckily I can see the surrounding brick wall up ahead.

“Jiyoonie~” I rolled my eyes for the fifth time.

“What” I begrudgingly replied. He held both of my hands in his and raised them up in a begging manner. I blushed at the familiar contact.

“Can't we go out and eat somewhere, or go play. I don't wanna go back to school.” He sent me puppy dog eyes and I faltered a bit. He's just so damn cute. Maybe…-”Fine.” He drops my hand and grins.

“Really!” He asks, practically wagging his tail had he been an actual puppy.

“Yep, you can go out and eat somewhere or play games. But I am going back to class.” He pouts and grabs my hand going back to his begging tactic. I immediately pull it back out of his grasp and start walking faster towards the wall.

“You're right. I mean there was no reason for you to come back to school, or for me to go after you in the first place. Have a nice day, Minhyuk-ssi.” He's still back where I left him just staring with his mouth open.

I'm not quite sure why I reacted like I did. It was like something came over me, telling me that no matter what I had to be at school. The idea of skipping is tempting but if we skip who knows if that'll change the course of history even more.

Now here's the hard part. I can't just waltz right back into school through the front gate. I'll have to sneak in somehow. The only reasonable option would be to climb the wall. They just had to make super tall brick walls that are impossible to climb over. But people have snuck in before so it can't be that hard…right? I just need something to give me a boost.

Maybe I should ask Minhyuk for help. I turned around only to see my companion was gone. I guess he actually left. I was honestly hoping he would stay with me. On to Plan B then.

I spotted a tree near the wall and decided that would be my safest bet. It was a thin tree but it's branches were high enough to barely reach the height of the wall. If I swing from the branch I might be able to grasp onto the top of the wall and pull myself up.

I slowly started climbing the tree being careful to not make too much noise. I carefully climbed onto the strongest branch that was near the top and slid down toward the wall. As I neared my goal I swung my legs back and forth to give me momentum for the jump. I took a deep breath and prayed to God this would work.

Just as my finger grasped the rough brick surface I felt a hand on my thigh, dangerously close to my . I lost focus for a split second and fell to the ground. Well not really to the ground, I seemed to have landed on the owner of the wandering hand. It was Minhyuk. Of course.

“Well that wasn't as smooth as I had hoped,” he chuckled sheepishly. I rolled my eyes and got off of him, dusting my skirt. He sat up, not bothering to get up yet, and looked at me expectantly.

“What?” I snapped. He just smiled back boyishly and laughed again.

“I thought you might need some help getting back inside.”

“What happened to and groaning Rocky who refused to come back to school.”

“I didn't come back to school, I came back to you.” He smiled and got up from the sidewalk. I blushed and turned away from him so he wouldn't see and tease me. “Also I need to talk to Eunwoo-hyung about something.” Oh okay. That's a good reason to come back I guess.

“So here's my pla-”

“Hey! Wait just a minute. You were the one who almost d my . I swear you better have a good explanation or else I’ll-” he put his finger to my lips therefore shushing me.

“I- I didn't intend to…my hand just kinda slipped, and then you slipped.” He was blushing now, but I'm a good person so I'll about it later. “And that's where my plan comes in.”

“Huh?” He replied with an evil grin. .

------------

“This is stupid,” I complain as Minhyuk grabs hold of my waist. “I'm gonna end up hurting myself.” He just laughs quietly.

“It'll be fine as long as you trust me. Bin-hyung and I have done this hundreds of times.”

“Yea, well he's taller and more athletic than I am. He can reach the top even without you throwing him.”

“Tch,” I assume he rolled his eyes. “I'm not throwing you, just giving you an extra push. In an upward direction.” Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. “And Bin is the one to throw me, I'm flattered that you think I'm the stronger one though.”

“So this is your first time throwing someone. Wow. That makes me feel so much better.”

Since I'm too short to reach the top of the wall, Minhyuk came up with this genius idea. He wants me to jump and then he will push me up more once I'm already in the air. Essentially throwing me, if his plan works I should be able to pull myself onto the other side. If not, well I hope Myungjun brings carnations to my funeral.

“Just trust me, okay?”

“…Fine. Now are we doing this or not?”

“On three.

One,

Two,

Three!”

I jumped. With all the strength in my tiny legs I jumped and hoped Minhyuk would be there to catch me and give me the extra push I need.

There's a split second of falling and I immediately curse Minhyuk in my head- but then there's hands pushing me forward. I stretch out my arms as far as they can go and grasp for the top of the wall.

I make it.

I'm able to get my elbows on the top and push myself up. I should start doing more pull-ups. Once I get to the top I let out a breath of relief, I can't stop smiling due to the adrenaline rush. I look down and Minhyuk is smiling too.

“See,” he calls out “I told you it would work.”

“Okay, you win this time.” I respond. I'm about to head towards the school building when I hear him speak again.

“Okay now pull me up,” before I could ask him what the he's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter