Gut Feelings (Pt.1)

Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors Note: I am a week late with this and I am sorry. So I intend to post the second part of this chapter before the week is up, hopefully on Friday for Astro's comeback (which will be amazing). Also THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 50+ SUBS THANK YOU SO MUCH. It means a lot since this is my first fic on aff, I hope it's going well, I'm still getting used to writing on the site. Anyway this chapter is mainly dialogue and all Rocky POV, and next happens immediately after this ones with Jiyoon's pov. Enjoy :) 

Rocky POV

I smiled to myself watching her retreating figure head home, I had an amazing afternoon. I never would’ve expected the quiet girl in my class who sits in the far back with her head down would talk to me. It’s a strange feeling, I felt lighter and whimsical in a way. Imagine the look on everyone's face when they see how close we are tomorrow. The thought caused me to grin wider and stare at the now empty road where Jiyoon once was.

“So,” I turned my attention to my childhood friend. “You two are in the same class” she stated smugly with a mischievous glint in her eye.  

“We’re just classmates, nothing else” I replied casually denying her accusations. I walked back to where I was sitting before and picked up my stuff, Moonbin should be arriving soon.

“Wow, coed schools are really different then.”

“Hm?”

“I didn’t know it was considered normal to kiss your fellow classmates.” She busted out laughing the second she saw my blushing face. “Minhyuk, you’re a cute kid, I knew that eventually a girl would confess to you and you would start dating-”

“We’re not dating,” I quickly cut her off before she got anymore ideas. “And I did not kiss her, if you don’t remember we got interrupted” I glared at her.

“You’re lucky I did then. Imagine the confusion and drama that would’ve occurred if you did kiss her. She would think you two were dating then you are stuck with the burden of explaining to her that it was just a one time thing-”

“Maybe I wouldn’t mind dating her, I mean she’s cute and really nice. She seems like she would be a great girlfriend.” I countered. Ever since puberty my insane noona decided to make me an eternal , scaring away every girl that talks to me outside of school. I honestly wouldn’t mind dating Jiyoon, but we just met, getting into a relationship now would seem rushed. But I’m not gonna tell my dark-haired friend that.

“Don’t even think about it Minhyukkie, you know that I forbid you to date until you’ve graduated college and have a good stable job.” I was about to complain when my phone chimed alerting me of a text. It was from Moonbin, he said he’s here and waiting for me. He must be on the other side then since I don’t see him anywhere, and I didn’t hear his motorcycle.

“Bin-hyung is here, you coming” I asked, already heading towards where Moonbin should be. She nodded her head 'yes' and hummed in reply, skipping her way to my hyung.

She's my self proclaimed mother yet she acts like a grade schooler. I rolled my eyes at her behavior and followed after. Moonbin came in my sight and typically I wouldn't hesitate to run to my hyung, but his expression is a bit off. He seems upset, just staring at the ground, his face contorted in deep thought.

"Hyung," I call out quietly. He sits up and a smile graces his face.

"Oh, you came" I greeted him with a high five and took a seat next to him on the wall.

"Bin-hyung, is everything alright"

"What? Something happened?"

"Eun-"

"I'll tell you what happened," the female dancer interrupted. She stood to the side with a hand on her hip, I honestly forgot she was there due to her unnatural silence.

"Sohee, I didn't see you there," Moonbin greeted her with a smile. She rolled her eyes and continued with what she was saying.

“You won’t believe how I found our innocent Minhyuk when I arrived today. I saw him-”

“Eunwoo-hyung came to see me earlier” I quickly interrupted. Moonbin has a weird relationship with the other third year. Sometimes he’s so excited like a little puppy when his name is mentioned, other times he has this sour expression on his face. Today is the latter.

“Eunwoo?”

“I don’t think he knows how we got to know each other” I continued, trying to permanently change the topic from me. Knowing Sohee-noona, she’s gonna blow everything out of proportion and the two of them won't stop talking about Jiyoon and I for at least a month.  

“I didn’t tell him yet,” Moonbin replied with disdain. I wonder what happened between the two of them now. My hyung seems to be thinking for a moment before turning back to me. “Let’s just prepare a performance ourselves. It doesn’t necessarily have to be for the festival,” he suggested smiling. It was a fake smile, unlike his normal one that rivals the brightness of the sun.

To be honest I was really happy when my hyungs asked me to join their team today- even though I’m pretty sure they were joking. It would be amazing to perform at the festival, especially because I would be on the same team as Bin-hyung. Should I tell him how I feel, maybe it’ll help him reconcile with Eunwoo over whatever their argument was about now.

“You can’t trust me?” Moonbin asked sheepishly. Seeing the slightly hurt expression on his face broke my heart.

“No, it’s not that” I tried laughing it off. I couldn’t tell him. How could I even think of telling him?

“Don’t worry about it, everything will be okay” he sent me a reassuring smile that I could only weakly return. “Let’s continue with what we practiced,” he suggested and lightly hit me on the arm getting up from his seat. I let out a quiet ‘okay’ and got up as well.

“Ooh, is this that new routine you two refuse to show me” Sohee said, she clapped her hands in anticipation. We just laughed and set up the music for our routine. We both went to opposite sides and when the music started everyone turned to watch us.

We were halfway through the routine and we already had a small crowd watching us and cheering. It gave me an exhilarated feeling, I started smiling, contrary to my normally serious face. Thinking about this lead me to envision myself dancing in front of a much bigger crowd. I heard Bin-hyung saything that a sunbae who performed at the school festival last year actually got scouted by an entertainment company. Maybe I should think about this some more and then tell Moonbin how I actually feel. I know he cares about me and would do anything to make me happy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter