Familiar Places

Go Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world around me just started to slow down, I was the only thing at normal speed. This couldn’t be happening, this couldn’t be possible. Time travel itself is pretty impossible. Rocky doesn’t seem to remember me, Ah Rin and Yeoreum don’t remember me, the only people I’m positive who know me are my brother, Eunwoo, and Jinjin. How are we even supposed to go back to the future- wait is there a past version of me wandering around. Oh my god, please tell me I didn’t just create some weird time vortex-thingy that will destroy the entire universe and-

“Jiyoon” I was snapped out of my internal panic by Jinjin, everyone was just staring at me with an expression of worry. Of course they should be worried, I just destroyed an entire universe.

“We’re leaving for practice now” he said slowly, I nodded my head, still slightly dazed from my inner turmoil. We all started to go our separate ways but for some reason Eunwoo felt it was necessary to start speaking unusually loud.

“You’re right MJ-hyung, Jiyoon-ah probably wouldn’t want to sit through our rehearsal. If only there was a trustworthy dongsaeng who could keep her busy until we finish.”

MJ didn’t even say anything, and I always sit through rehearsals. What are they planning. Please God don’t allow them to embarrass me, pretty please.

“Rocky-ah,” said male turned around with a questioning expression on his face. “You’re in the same year as Jiyoonie right? Why don’t you two hang out while we practice” Jinjin suggested.

No. It’ll be hella awkward between us, please don’t push me onto him. He probably has other plans.

“I don’t know, I kinda planned to meet with Bin-hyung.”

See he has plans, he can’t babysit me.

“That’s okay, Jiyoon doesn’t mind” Eunwoo persisted.

Maybe if I make a run for the school gate I can save myself from this.

As if though he could read my mind Eunwoo placed his arm around my shoulder to keep me in place. “Besides,” he began, “Jiyoon has no friends, so she would just be sitting at home alone, eating take out.”

He must be desperate to get rid of me, exaggerating like that. As if I would eat take out if I was home alone.

Rocky let out an apology and started on his way out again. Eunwoo seemed at a lost for words, trying to think of another excuse to get the first year to babysit me. Jinjin was the last to lose hope, he quickly ran after Rocky and said something to him the rest of us couldn’t hear. He must have blackmailed the poor boy because he was blushing brighter than a tomato. It was actually quite adorable, I looked at the ground trying to hide my smile.

Two feet came into my vision, I looked up and came face to face with a smiling Park Minhyuk. “I would love to spend the afternoon with Jiyoon-ssi.”

“Great,” Eunwoo shoved me into the same pair of arms that I was gawking at minutes prior.

“Make sure she’s home by ten- or better yet seven, maybe si-”

“Bring her home by ten” Jinjin interrupted my brother’s overprotective ranting, leaving the two of us with a subtle wink only I caught. My face immediately started heating up in response to not just to my embarrassing brother and his friends, but also the fact that Rocky had his arm around my waist and was subconsciously pulling me closer to him. Maybe he does remember me after all.

The three third years walked off campus in the direction of the practice room, leaving the ‘trustworthy dongsaeng’ and I behind. It was obvious that this was a set up to get the two of us together, not that I’m complaining. It was hard getting him to like me the first time around, maybe now with help it’ll be easier.

Rocky, sadly, took his arms off my waist and stepped back creating a gap (in our relationship) between us. I looked down nervously at my shoes, this is stupid, I’m dating the guy but I can’t even look him in the eye without blushing. I feel like such a school girl...oh, right, I am, thanks hormones. He picked up his bag and bottle of water and we started heading towards the school gate.

“So,” he cleared his throat, “you wanna get something to eat- I mean you don’t have to, we could go shopping instead. That’s what girls like, right?- Not that I’m stereotyping. I’ll just take you home. Not that I want to get rid of you, it’s just that you seem like the kind of girl who doesn’t need someone to watch over her- unless you are that kind of girl, then I would be happy to watch you...I’ll just take you home” Rocky sighed dejectedly after his long, quite amusing rant. I let out a small giggle at his flustered state.

He’s too cute, I swear I need to get back to my time period.

-------------

MJ POV

“I am so smart” I lean back in the uncomfortable plastic chair the cafe provides, seriously couldn’t they at least put a cushion on the seat. The other two sitting across from me just roll their eyes in jealousy.

“In what way” Jinjin says in an incredibly bored tone, then again everything he says kinda sounds like that.

“If it wasn’t for me Rocky and Jiyoonie wouldn’t be together right now, probably bonding over dogs or something.” Jinjin let out an obnoxiously loud laugh, how have I managed to put up with him since middle school. I should get an award or something for my patience.

“First of all, it was Eunwoo’s idea. Secondly, if it was up to you the two of them would probably be reading the Bible right now because you’re such a nun towards your sister.” I gasp in shock of Jinjin’s last comment.

“I am not a nun. I am the overprotective brother that all girls like.”

“Explain why no girl likes you.” Jinjin retorted with a smirk.

“It’s because I’m always so busy that girls never see me-”

“Before you two start another petty argument, I’d like to point out that Rocky and Jiyoon are going inside the cafe, and they don’t seem to be happy…” Eunwoo spoke up. He seemed to be hinting at something, I don’t understand what. They’re in the cafe...is that code for something.

“I’ll go talk to Rocky” Jinjin said, then got up throwing his now empty cup away.

----------

Rocky POV

After I successfully embarrassed myself infront of a cute girl I decided it would be safer if I just end this evening and take her home. She didn’t say anything about it, but then again she hasn’t said anything at all. Maybe I should try having a conversation with her, but what would I say? Ask her about the weather? School? Does she have a boyfriend- cute boyfriend?

Suddenly an idea popped in my head, there’s a cafe nearby maybe I should take her there so we can have a conversation and get to know each other. I don’t know why, but there’s something in my head telling me to spend as much time as I can with Jiyoon. It’s probably just hormones.

“You wanna go to that cafe over there,” I ask her, silently praying she doesn’t say no. For the first time since we’ve met she looked at me and just nodded her head. I guess she still won't talk to me. Maybe I’m trying too hard, I should try and act cool to get her attention. That’s what Bin-hyung does, and all the girls like him.

We both entered the cafe, it seemed pretty busy inside I decided it would be best for us to sit outside. Just as it was almost our turn to order I felt a small tap on my shoulder, I turned around and was faced with a grinning Jinjin.

“Hey, Rocky-ah, I need you to come with me for a second” with that he went outside. I quickly excused myself to Jiyoon and told her I’d be saving us a table and she could order whatever she wanted. I ran to where my hyung disappeared so we could finish our conversation before Jiyoon got back.

“Hyung,” I called out as I saw the familiar mop of white hair. He was sitting at an empty table and issued for me to sit across from him.

“I’ll just get straight to the point, I saw you two when you walked in and both of you looked like you were attending your dog's funeral. What’s up?” he seemed genuinely concerned, a total contrast to his normally chill attitude. I let out a deep sigh, maybe he can help me get over this communication obstacle with Jiyoon.

“I have no idea why but she just won’t talk to me or even look at me. I don’t know what to do, I get so flustered around her, help me, please Hyung,” I’m practically begging now. He looks at me with a warm smile that slowly switches to a devious smirk.

“Jiyoon is just a shy girl, she’s like the complete opposite of MJ. It took me an entire y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter