Episode 5

Lethargic (BTS Suga/Min Yoongi) *Hitched Togetherverse Collab Project*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yes I have finally updated! I am so freaking sorry, exams are being so annoying! So to make up for the late update, here's a super deluxe chapter for all of you, I think all of you will enjoy it! 

 

 “Wha…?” Suga blinks as he gapes at the team line-up spreadsheet in his hands, eyes fixated on one name on the opposing team in particular: Kris Wu.

It’s the day of HT’s first mission: Couple Sports Day and Suga’s first individual event, Basketball sees him being teamed up with two other male idols to play against the opposing team, consisting of the other three male idols. Somehow, he’s wound up as the captain of his team, with his team members being Mark of GOT7 and Taemin of SHINee respectively. Inwardly, he feels overjoyed that he’s been teamed up with Mark, well known as the basketball ace of GOT7. In the wake of the BTS-GOT7 collaboration at last year’s MAMAs, Suga has gotten to know the hoobae group quite well and he's glad that he and Mark are together in this.

Unfortunately, he knows that Taemin turns into an absolute trainwreck when it comes to basketball...

On the other end of the court, they’re up against Hoshi of SEVENTEEN and L of Infinite, captained by none other than Kris Wu. A former EXO member currently making his name in the fashion industry as well as the entertainment world, Kris is renowned for his basketball skills, even having played alongside NBA stars in the NBA All Star Celebrity Game. Even though Suga's fairly confident at what he does, he can't help but feel a little intimidated by the taller sunbae. And L is no joke either; his jumps are just sensational...

While Suga's poring over the spreadsheet, Moon makes small talk with Kris, trying to stop her eyes from drooping as she stifles a yawn. She hardly slept a wink last night, and it’s a miracle she’s still functioning at this point. All these sleepless nights are going to take a toll on her soon; it’s only a matter of time before that happens again…

"Eunhee-ah, you watched me during the NBA fixture, right? Wasn’t I cool?" Kris flashes a charming smile, all the while absentmindedly checking Moon out. Her long black locks are tied into a high, sporty ponytail for today, and she’s wearing a red sports singlet and white shorts, showing off her model like figure. She turns her head sharply to face him, her hair swaying with the movement as she flips the bird at him before looking away indignantly.

"Quit going on about yourself, oppa," She says in a playful manner as she puffs out her cheeks like a little chipmunk, "And stop staring down there before I dig out your eyes." Despite the complications that arose when he left, Moon still keeps in touch with the elder and tries to keep him in check when she can. One thing that has never changed about the Canadian-Chinese star is the fact that he is and always has been an irrepressible flirt.

Their conversation carries over to where Suga is standing, and he exhales harshly at the sound of his ‘wife’s’ shrill tone. He can't help but shoot an irritated glare back at the annoying black haired girl, whose piercing voice is threatening to drill a hole in his head.

"He's probably staring at your because it's so freaking big," The blonde haired rapper stalks over and states coolly, "Even a hippo isn’t as bloated as you."

"Yah! You little pipsqueak, shut your mouth!" Moon stomps over, about to give Suga an earful when Kris bursts into uncontrollable laughter.

"Look who we have here! The infamous Min Yoongi..." Kris pulls Suga to the side away from Moon and states as he looks down at his shorter hoobae, "I haven’t heard Moon complain this much about a person since our debut. You’ve got spunk to go against her, she nearly drove me crazy when we were still trainees together.” He gives a crooked grin. “It'll be fun to play against you. Let's see if your playing's as golden as your tongue!"

"Sure. I'm curious to see if your playing lives up to the hype." Suga replies bluntly before he walks away to get ready, leaving a smirking Kris behind.

 

"PEEP!"

The whistle blows and the game is on, with both Suga and Kris jumping for the ball at the center. Kris, having the upper hand due to his height hits the ball over to L, who catches it perfectly and dribbles it across the court. Suga's team follow in pursuit, determine to defend their goal. Before L can make a shot at the hoop, Suga intercepts the ball and races away in the opposite direction, the ball hitting the ground in sync with the pounding of his heart, adrenaline coursing through his veins and invigorating his senses.

"Yoongi-hyung!" Mark calls and Suga makes an overhead pass, Mark leaping for the ball and attempting to score. However, Kris rushes over and blocks him, leaving Mark in a tight position.

"HERE!" Suga waves his hands and Mark does a downward pass, the blonde haired rapper catching the ball before scoring.

"2 points to Suga's team!" The referee announces to cheering and applause from the female idols in the stands, Suga pumping his fist in jubilation as he gives Mark a high five.

Throughout the game, Suga and Mark showcase perfect teamwork, scoring goal after goal to the roar of the crowd. However, the opposition seems unfazed, quickly catching up as Kris and L obtain quite a number of points, Hoshi also contributing as he scores a goal.

However, Suga’s team has one glaring blond flaw in their teamwork: Lee Taemin. The lean idol, despite his amazing dancing skill and his keen obsession with extreme sports, has no such gift in basketball. Every time his team members pass him the ball, he completely misses or if he has the luck to actually make contact with it, he either fumbles the catch or it goes crashing right into his face. Thanks to Taemin’s clumsiness and the opposite team’s competence, Kris’s team manages to turn the tables rapidly and soon both teams are neck to neck.

Suga groans as Kris pulls off a perfect slam dunk before the whistle sounds, signaling half time. Looks like the Canadian-born idol isn’t really all looks after all. He and Mark exchange looks as they huddle up.

“Mianhae,” Taemin apologizes, bowing, “Basketball just isn’t my thing.”

Suga and Mark, despite feeling slightly peeved, wave off his apology, proceeding to discuss their game strategy quietly.

Meanwhile in the stands, the female participants are getting fired up, cheering for their partners and chatting among themselves as they wait apprehensively for the game to resume once more. Moon squirms uncomfortably in her seat, trying to look anywhere but the blonde haired idol within her sight.

“Hwaiting, Mark!” Blue hollers a few seats away from her, “[SHOW THEM HOW WE BALL IN L.A!]

Mark, upon hearing Blue’s cheer, looks up and finds her face in the crowd, beaming widely and giving her a thumbs up. The other female participants follow the singer’s lead as the game begins once more with the teams switching courts, shouting encouragement to their partners to boost their spirits.

No matter how inconspicuous she tries to make herself, Moon finds people looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to do the same. Unfortunately, Yeongjae catches her eye and stares straight at her, a warning glint in his hawk-like gaze, sending a chill down her spine. She gulps, the tempo of her foot tapping picking up as she focuses on her clenched hands in her lap. Even though she’d rather get run over by a bulldozer than perform such a revoltingly shameless gesture, she has no other option under the peer pressure.

Screw this. As the piercing sound of the whistle rips through the air, she gets to her feet abruptly and cups her hands around , taking a sharp breath.

“MIN YOONGI! YOU BETTER WIN, IF NOT I’LL SHAVE YOUR HEAD!”

Her voice rings clear across the court, reaching the ears of the man himself as he jumps for the ball at the center. The cringe worthy words are enough to disorientate him as he flinches at that ignominious statement, just enough for him to miss that crucial moment. In no time at all, Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter