Chapter 14 - Memories

One Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon was laughing and smiling as she ate dinner with her parents. When she finished her steak,

she reached out to get more mashed potatoes, but her mom slapped her hand away. jiyeon frowned as rubbed the light shade of red on her hand. "Ouch, what was that for?. "

 

 Her mom scowled. "You have to practice your fighting soon. If you gorge yourself with food, you'll end up puking. "

 

Jiyeon sunk in her seat, sighing. "Mom, I'm only 8. I don't know why you're making me learn this." She started her training only a month before and she's already sick of it. She always woke up sore and hurt.

 

Her mother's face softened. "I know this is hard work, but someday you'll be grateful." Jiyeon the stubbornly still held her frown. "Then why can't I learn later?! All this work is too tiring." She exasperated, throwing her hands in the air.

 

Her father sighed. "Jiyeon, go to the backyard and practice your kicks. Your mother and I will be there soon." 

 

Jiyeon pouted and looked at her mother. "That's not going to work this time. Now go." Her mother said with an even tone. "Fine!" Jiyeon yelled. She got off her seat and stomped off to the backyard. 

 

Park Sojun chuckled. He was Jiyeon's dad and her mother's name was Sena. "She got her stubborn attitude from you, you know." Sojun said smirking. Sena furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest. "No she didn't!" she exclaimed. 

 

Sojun raised an eyebrow with a smirk still playing on his face. "Of-" He was cut off from Sena's phone ringing. Sena dug in her pocket and pulled out her phone. She pressed answer before checking who it was. 

 

"Hello." Sena's blood ran cold. She gulped and her grip around her phone tightened.  

 

"H-Hello." she stuttered. 

Sojun looked at his wife with a concerned face. "Who is it? he mouthed.

Sena shook her head and ignored him. 

 

"You seem surprised to hear from me." his voice was clear and deep.

"Erm yea. It was just because I thought you wouldn't need us until next week." She managed to croak.

 

"Well there's a change in plans. I need you and Sojun to kill another guy.

 

Sena's eyebrows furrowed. He always makes them do his dirty work for him. 

 

Sena heard her leader sigh, losing patience. "His name is Wang Jackson I want him dead by tomorrow. Got it?" 

 

She knew better not to talk back. "Yes, sir." 

Then he hung up. 

 

"Was that him?," Sojun asked, hoping Sena would say no. His face dropped when Sena nodded.

 

"But we were off this week," Sojun stated. 

 

Sena rubbed her temples. "Yea I know. That's what I thought, but now he wants this guy named Wang Jackson dead tomorrow." 

 

Sojun was about to reply when they saw Jiyeon from the kitchen window, practicing her kicks. Jiyeon saw her parents and waved. Jiyeon's parents quickly replaced their expressions with a weak smile.

What Jiyeon didn't know was that her parents are in a gang. They were lured in it, in high school.Their leader was a guy named, Kim Young-do . They would have left, but that meant that they had to fight the whole gang. Which was basically 40 to 2. So it was either stay in the gang and live, or die. Now they had a child in their hands. They wanted her to know how to fight and defend herself if something happened to them.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 

"Jiyeon. You need to put more force in your punches and kicks. Now try again," Sena said, as she observed Jiyeon  training.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter