Incident in the Morning

Camp of Sharon Rose

KIM MINGYU

He’s fully awake now, right at 5 AM. Not the usual time that he used awake when he was in Seoul. But the Joshua told him to be ready at 6 AM because that would be the house cleaning time.

Mingyu’s now sitting on his bunk bed; in a big room that he shared with Joshua and his three older brothers, Hanbin, Jiwon, and a tall kid named Hyungwon. The room actually could fit for six people, because there is another empty bed right above Mingyu’s bed, but he could say that the bed was empty.

The room itself was big, painted with white and gold. The floor was made from oak wood, coated with some kind of glistening coating that actually makes the surface seems gleamy. The beds were placed in a U shape. On the middle of the room placed a rather big Aphrodite’s statue, it actually kind of disturbing for Mingyu, because sleeping with your mom statue was like sleeping while being stared by your mom. But Joshua told him last night that it was the symbol motherly love, that their mother would be always showing her love to her children.

He gotten up and start to make his bed. He’s not getting enough sleeps but he’s afraid that Joshua would scold him in his first morning at the camp. He hurriedly making his bed and after his done he needs to wake up  his brothers too, because that is a Maknae task to do, well he’s the youngest in this house right now.

“You’re awake already?” A voice could be heard from Mingyu’s back. He turned his head and found Joshua standing there still with his pajama, but without a messed hair. Apparently he was awake first and have been showered.

“Oh, it’s you.” Mingyu smiled to his brother from a different father. “I thought that you’re still asleep, Joshua.”

Joshua smiled and came toward the silver haired boy. He pats Mingyu’s shoulder. “It’s still your first day. Go take a shower first, I would awake these sleepyheads for you.” Joshua winked to him. Mingyu nodded at him and goes to the bathroom.

The seconds he entered the bathroom, Mingyu can help but being speechless. The bathroom, despite in a simple house in the middle of the camp, was indeed very luxurious. A giant bath tub, no, it’s more like Jacuzzi was found in the middle, it seems that it could actually fit for eight people at one time. He looks at his left side, there is a glistening marbles bathroom table placed in front of a giant silvery mirror. On its there are many beauty and health product from many different kind of brand, even some brands that he doesn’t know it actually exist. Mingyu was never a makeup person, he likes his natural skin and face, so he doesn’t use makeups when he’s out. So he decided to left the body products and headed to the shower.

******

The morning at 7th House was quite loud. The sound of Joshua shouting the whole house to wake up was clearly heard from the kitchen. Mingyu was done with his shower and is now sitting on the dining table to have breakfast. He actually wants to help Joshua doing the morning call to his other siblings but the leader insisted that he must be very tired and still adapting with the camp atmosphere so he just need to sits there and relax while Joshua was doing his task for this day.

Soon the other people in this house were one by one coming to the dining room, first is Hyungwon still with his sleepy face, and then followed by Jiwon and Hanbin, and the girls were after them. Soon the lonely dining room was filled with laughter and chats from the people who are now already seated on their chair waiting for Joshua preparing their breakfast.

“Hey, Mingyu, want to see something awesome?” Jiwon ask him in sudden, half whispering.

The muscular boy mouthed to Mingyu to watch him and then looked at Hanbin who was seated right beside him.

“Hey, Hanbin-ah.” He said to the boy. Hanbin who was talking with Seoulhyun is now throwing his attention to Jiwon. “Takes the strawberry jam, the one in front of you, and pour some to your face!”

“What? Do you Charm Speaks me?!” Hanbin asked with an annoyed tone.

Charm Speaks?

Mingyu asked inside his head. He definitely hasn’t heard about it before. Is that some kind of tricks? He looked at Hanbin right now, trying to understanding about what comes next.

“No I’m not Charm Speak-ing you.” Jiwon replied. “But I want you to pour some strawberry jam to your face.” He repeated his command to the latter, but now Mingyu could sense a strong power coming from his mouth. “Now!”

A surprising thing happened next. Hanbin’s hand is now reaching the bottles of jam in front of them and takes the strawberry one, and, whack! He poured all the content to his face without a hesitation. Now the latter’s face smeared with the reddish things. The whole room laughed at him. The laughter actually makes Hanbin snapped out.

“What the f--!!!” He cursed at the older boy while touching his now dirty face. “For the god’s sake, Kim Jiwon? Did you just Charm Speaks to me?” He looked at Jiwon with a totally angry face. “You’ll gonna be a dead meat!”

Jiwon was only laughed so hard while Hanbin non-stop threatening him. On the other side, Mingyu’s only looking at them amazed by the scene.

Suddenly he felt someone’s nudging at him. A girl named Eunha, one of his sisters, smiled at him. “I know that you are confused. But that was Charm Speaks, the power that been gifted to all of Aphrodite’s Children. You should try it too.”

Mingyu looked at her with a confused looks. “I-I don’t know how to do it.”

She smiled brighter. Actually her smiles reminding him about Seungcheol for a moment. “Just tell him to do something, but focus your will power on the words.”

“I Can’t” He simply replied. Eunha gave him a Do-it-or-I’ll-kick-your- looks; it actually makes Mingyu a little bit scared so he decided to give it a try.

“J-Jiwon Hyung!” He shouted suddenly. He tried his best to concentrate and put all his will on his words. “Do the same like you told Hanbin Hyung to do before, with a Chocolate Jam!”

Surprisingly, Jiwon obeyed the boy’s command and immediately smeared the chocolate jam to his face. A whole dining room suddenly gave him a gasp.

Mingyu was amazed, he doesn’t know that he could do Charm Speaks right at the first time. Without a too much effort somehow. He looked at his siblings, who are now looking at him with an amazed looks too.

“W-why did you all stared at me like that?” He stuttered, afraid that he actually did a wrong thing.

“WOW!” Hanbin shouted excitedly. “You are a natural Charm Speaker, Mingyu-ya!” the strawberry jam smeared face boys said to him.

Knowing that Hanbin’s answer was not answered his question, he throws his look to Eunha, hoping for some explanation.

“Wow, he’s right Mingyu, you’re a natural Charm Speaker!” she answered the same.

“You know? Jiwon is our best Charm Speaker in this house, not even anyone could Charm Speak him! and you know what too? You’re the first one who actually Charm Speaks to him without getting smacked by his big muscled hand!” Hanbin explained.

“I-I am what? Oh no! This must be a mistake; this is my first time doing the Charm Speak.” Mingyu’s now so confused.

“Ei, don’t be like that, little brother! Now we’re all know that you’re our new best Charm Speaker!” Hanbin replied jokingly, he pats Mingyu’s shoulder assuring him.

“Yah! Yah! Jiwon-ah! Hanbin-ah! Why did your faces smeared in jam! It’s disgusting!” Joshua suddenly entered the room carrying a big pile of pancakes for their breakfast, surprised by his brother’s smeared face.

“Sorry, Joshua. We’re just playing for a little bit.” Jiwon said apologizely.

Joshua putting the Pancakes on everyone’s plate, despite of his current busyness he’s still nagging at them “You guys, know that Charm Speaks was prohibited to be used against your siblings!”

“But, the one that happened to my face was actually Mingyu’s work.” Jiwon mumbled while slicing his piece of pancake.

“What?” Joshua stopped putting the pancakes and looked at Mingyu. “Was that true?”

Mingyu gulped.

“Y-Yes Joshua... I-I am really sorry, I didn’t really mean to.” Mingyu was so embarrassed that he can’t lift his head and just stare at his pancake.

“A-a.. It’s alright. It’s kinda amazing though.” Joshua smiled at Mingyu. “You know it was relieving that finally there is someone that actually could put Jiwon in con...”

Before Joshua could finished his words. A big explosion sound could be heard from the outside. Everyone is now running to the front porch and saw something scary. A thick mist surrounded the camp, limiting their vision that they only could see within one meter head.

“You guys better go inside and bring your weapon!” Joshua commanding them to be prepared. Mingyu who doesn’t know anything just stared at Joshua.

Joshua pulls something from the inside of his Jacket. A Knife. Since when did Joshua put the Knife there? Mingyu thought to himself. But before he could say anything Joshua handled the weapon to him

“Here, take this! This is for your protection only! Just hold it tight don’t hit anything! The blade was made from Celestial Bronze coated with mom’s magic mirror! One hit at Demi-Gods could kill them!” The older man told him.

Mingyu just nodded. In a moment the whole 7th House campers were now standing at the front porch, hand steady with their weapon, they inspected the surrounding area just to be sure.

“Everyone follow me! It won’t be safe here, we need to go to the training ground!” Joshua once again commanded the whole house. “Let’s go!”

They’re now walking with their weapon steadily held in their hand. They walking through the path on the lakeside that Mingyu and Wonwoo’s went to last night, the path that leads to the training ground.

Suddenly Joshua raised his hand, gesturing them to stop and be quiet. Mingyu swear that he could hear some rustling and hissing sound like snakes, the sound was coming nearer from their right side, from the inside of the forest.

But the hissings suddenly stopped. It’s a completely silence now. For a moment Mingyu thought it was already safe and put down his defense. But the silence turned into a wild rustling and hissing sounds which is very near from them.

Without a preparation, a scaly and slicky things hit them, making the situation turns into chaos.

“GORGONS!” Joshua shouted to them. The formation now completely messed that everyone were just trying to hit the things that Joshua called gorgons with their weapon, but strangely everyone seems to hit somewhere else. They’re not facing at the creatures but their head turned to another direction!

“DON’T EVER LOOK AT THEIR EYES! IT COULD TURN YOU TO STONE!” he shouted again.

Mingyu was very confused right now, in other words, he’s panicking! He doesn’t know how to combat yet, and the weapon that he’s holding right now was very dangerous to be messily swinged, wrong swings it could slice his sibling’s life right away. Meanwhile his siblings were skillfully battling the monsters, he just standing there without knowing that a gorgon coming to him from his behind.

A hissing sound could be heard clearly to Mingyu’s ear. In reflect he look through the reflection from the mirror surface on his blade. The creature behind him is just looks like a woman but has a green scaly skin, a yellow eyes, and on her hair instead a human hair, but bunch of rattlesnakes growing from his head.

“You are the Child of the Prophecy....” The gorgon hissed at him. Mingyu can’t do anything but just shutting his eyes tightly, too afraid to look the gorgon.

“Look at me!” She hissed at him again, now forcing Mingyu’s body to be turned to her.

Mingyu’s now desperately praying to the creature suddenly be gone. But the grip on his hands was just getting stronger, he actually could feel the gorgon’s claw tracing his skin. He bit his lips trying to not look too afraid.HOpen your eyes, Child of Aphrodite.... I could show you the most beautiful things in the world, my eyes.... Open them... or I kill you with my own fingers” She whispered at him with a tempting tone.

In the moment, Mingyu just wishing that he won’t be died this soon, especially when he still has not fought back.

“Then if you don’t want to... I KILL YOU!” She screams in her hoarse voice. Mingyu was closing his eyes tightly, ready to face the death.

He wait for a while. The creature’s streaming is gone along with the grip on his hands. For a moment he thought that he was already died. But soon as he opened his eyes, he saw the creature’s body lies on the ground with two arrows pierced to his eyes. A golden liquid spills from the eyes.

He looked to his back, there stood Seungcheol, holding his bow, wearing a full plate armor. His armor radiating a bright light, bright enough to clear the fog around him so Mingyu could completely saw his figures.

“Let’s go, Mingyu-ya.” He took Mingyu’s hand and take him into the deep of the fog.

********

Hello!! I decided to put some action in this chapter!!

How do you think about this chapter?

Oh right, and i put some idol from different group to this story, just to give some spices LOL

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter

- Best Regards, Reybil16