Prologue

Camp of Sharon Rose

“Hey, Mingyu!”

A soft voice echoed inside his head

“Hey! Kim Mingyu! Wake up!”

The voice keeps calling his name, this time clearer than before.

*smack* “Yah Kim Mingyu! How many times should I told you? Don't ever slept in my class! You !”

Mingyu was finally waking up from his enjoyable afternoon nap between Mr. Yoo’s math class. His hair were turned to be a messy silvery bush on his head. He looked up with a half sleepy face; a man who smacked his head earlier was standing there with a thick Math book in his hands and an angry face.

“You , it was still 1:00 PM and you already sprawl your head on the desk without even listening to my lecture.” Said the Math teacher while smacking his head again. “and you drooled too? Geez, you are the nastiest student I’ve ever teach to.”

The whole class laughed at their teacher’s word. Meanwhile Mingyu was still sit there dumbfounded and hardly trying to regain his full consciousness while rubbing the pool of drools on his chin with his uniform sleeves.

He’s Kim Mingyu, school’s biggest failure of the century. His grades were like the worst things that every student could imagine. It wasn’t that he was a moron or something, but he has ADHD that always keep him unfocused and literally makes him failed in almost every class he took.

He’s tall, at least 185 cm, yet very handsome that every girls and even some boys fall hard for him. But looks wasn’t enough if you were labeled as ‘School’s biggest .’

“I-I’m really sorry Mr. Yoo. I’m trying hard to focus on your lessons today but you know my ADHD gotten my nerves again a-and I-I accidentally goes napping, so I...” Mingyu stuttered

“No need to explain Kim Mingyu. Meet me at the office after the class.” Said the teacher cutting Mingyu’s word before he finished his explanation.

Damn, there he goes again.

Mingyu mouthed to himself.

*****

When he left Mr. Yoo’s Office it was already dark outside.

Mingyu sighed, he’s suddenly realized that he spent so much time listening to Mr. Yoo’s long lecture of how important education was and ADHD was not his problem but lacking a self-motivation is. Without his knowing he was spending his 2 hours just for listening his Math teacher’s word.

Mingyu looked at his phone screen.

7:00 PM

“Dad would be worried if I’m not coming home soon.” He muttered to himself. With heavy footsteps he exits the school gate and walks toward his home.

The road to his home were surprisingly a little bit empty today. Well his School was located literally in the heart of Seoul, it would be a rare sight to see an empty road at this hour.  It’s indeed surprising yet a bizarre sight to him. He lived nearly 19 years in Seoul but never saw this rare occasion.

Mingyu walked on the side of the road when suddenly a jet black car stopped right in front of him. The car was an unknown brand and type according to his knowledge. The plate was not Korean Licensed plate either. In seconds he assumes that the car wasn’t a belong to a Korean.

He stopped his walks when suddenly the car’s door was opened and a woman stepped outside of it. The women was tall, not taller than him tough, and having a very nice scent. Mingyu knows because the seconds she was stepped out of the car the scent of her perfume was spreading on the entire sidewalk. But those were not the only things that makes Mingyu amazed.  Something that makes Mingyu more amazed is that she was incredibly beautiful, more beautiful than any female actresses and Idols that he saw on TV. Even the nation’s girlfriend,  Miss A’s Suzy was nothing compared to her beauty.

The woman itself wore a sleeveless night gown, that makes Mingyu thinks that she was crazy as , like seriously, who wore that kind of dress when winter was about to start? Her hair was shiny silver, same as his hair, even the shades were same. He doesn’t know that it was dyed or not, because his hair was naturally yet bizarrely silver since he was born.

There are some strange aura that radiances from the woman body. Mingyu doesn’t really know if he was imagining things or not, but he swears that he saw a strange pink light coming out from her body.

“Hello?” the woman said with a warm smile plastered on her beautiful face that makes Mingyu’s heart fluttered even that he realizes that the women was a stranger.

“Hello?” said the woman again when Mingyu wasn’t replying. She walks closer to Mingyu with  light steps. “You are Mingyu, right?”

What? How could she knows my name?

Mingyu inner self sense there was something wrong with this woman. Surely since his childhood days his dad was constantly told him to beware of strangers. Without a hesitation he backed himself to the nearest wall just to make a bigger gap between him and the woman.

“W-who are you?” Mingyu stuttered. He was trying hard to contain his fear and be brave enough to ask that question. But still he was afraid as hell when the woman keeps walking toward him.

The woman suddenly stops at maybe at a half meter from where he stood. She’s now smiling, not a creepy smile, but a motherly smile. The smile was nearly broke Mingyu guards but he was smart enough not to show his sudden weakness.

 “I’m your mother, Kim Mingyu.” Said her with an alluring tone.

Mingyu was very shocked, he knows that something wasn’t right with this women. He should’ve been run away the first time this strange woman stepped out from her car. Now he was too damn late for run.

“Trust me, Son.”

She tries to reach him with her hands, but Mingyu’s inner self-protection systems were fast enough to instruct him to run for his safety before she touch him. He was running literally faster than he actually could do.

Meanwhile the women just stood there without chasing him. She was just smiling and looks toward the direction Mingyu was left to.

“Looks like you were really my son after all, my Charm Speaks doesn’t works on you.” She’s giggling and then headed toward his car.

 

********

 

It was 1:45 AM, Mingyu was still fully awoken on his bed trying to recall the incident before.

How could the woman says that she’s his mother? He thought to himself.

Well, he knows that his mother were passed away when she was giving birth to him. At least that was his father said and he was fully believing his father’s word because it makes sense.

But there’s a something in his heart that actually thinking that what of the woman said was true. It was strange enough when he realizes that there were no traces of his mother’s belonging in his house, even a single picture.

He gotten up from his bed and walks toward the veranda of his room. He always goes there for a fresh night air if he can’t sleep.

The veranda was big enough for him to be turned the space to a big chilling area. There was a big lazy sofa that placed near the railing for him to watch the night sky.

He sat on the sofa and started to watch the night sky, releasing all of the stresses that he received this day.

The sky was so clear that the stars were clearly visible to his eyes. Since child, he was truly interested in Astronomy. At least Astronomy was the only subject that he’s exceed at. He used to read many Astronomy books which his father had been collecting and never get tired of it despite of his ADHD.

Since he was born, he has lived only with his father, here in the heart of Seoul, right after his mother passed away. His father is an Astronomy professor at Seoul National University, which makes Mingyu took interest in Astronomy.

His father was a very dependable and independent man. Rising Mingyu by himself since he was an infant makes him very caring and loving father to Mingyu. Even when he knows that  Mingyu doesn’t inherits his intelligent at all doesn’t change his love toward him.

Mingyu was still staring at the night sky. The shining diamonds were very beautiful tonight, even the wind was breezing so calmly like a sleep lullaby for him. Slowly he started feel drowsy and half asleep.

When he was nearly asleep he was awaken by some voices, his father voice and some unknown voices that he had never been heard before. Despite being in the veranda, their house was so quiet at night that even slightest sound could be heard in entire house.

It seems that Dad has a visitor. But, in a late night like this? Mingyu thought to himself.

Due to his curiosity, he gotten up from the sofa and walks toward the voice direction, his father’s work room. He carefully making his steps in the alley between his room and his father’s work room. Truthfully it was strange that he’s being so careful to not making any noises in his own house like a burglar or something, but he didn’t want to disturb his father business, it must be an important visitor that his father would accept the visits even in a late of night and he didn’t dare to be caught overheard their conversation.

Slowly he was approaching the door of his father’s work room. From here he must been able to overhear all the conversation clearly. He carefully put his ear on the door and star listening.

“I’m really sorry, sir, but Mingyu would be 20 in two years. According to OUR law he must be taken to the camp before he reaches his maturity stage.” Said a man with a deep voice.

“I know Wonwoo, but what if he doesn’t want to go? Things are bit complicated here for him, I don’t think that he would be willingly to go, especially when he knows the truth.” His father voice echoed throughout the room.

Truth? What truth?

Mingyu asked in his thought

 “It was hard for us at first too, Sir. We all had been through all of this things before. But we have no choice, it won’t be safe anymore. The power of The Mist would no longer protect him after he reaches his maturity stage.” Said the voice which clearly not the person named Wonwoo’s voice. His voice was a little bit calmer than Wonwoo’s.

What Mist? We’re in the city not on a top of a mountain

Mingyu was very confused right now. His father and those men were talking a completely non-sense. Is this supposed to be a prank or a code? Before he’s thinking for too long, the conversation continued;

“But, how should we told him the truth? I mean, how are we supposed to do? He’s not being claimed after all.” His father argue

“You don’t have to worry so much, sir, I am Choi Seungcheol, the Son of Apollo, God of Forethought, I am 100% sure that this is the rightest and the safest choice for him.” Said the other man whose name is Seungcheol

This is crazy, are they into some kind of strange cult or what?

Before he’s realized, he didn’t know that he’s been leaning on the door too much that it suddenly opened and revealing himself from behind the door. There was an awkward silence throughout the room. Both him nor the men were not saying anything but stared at each other in confusion. The only word that came out was just his father’s.

“M-mingyu...”

*******

 

Hello this is Reybil16! this is the first chapter^^ sorry if there are too many grammatical errors *bow* and i am really sorry if this chapter wasnt long enough *bow*

but i would looking forward for your feedback any critics and comment would be gladly received^^

잘 읽어서 감사합니다ㅋㅋㅎㅎ