The Reading

Camp of Sharon Rose

The last ten minutes of his life was indeed the most terrifying moment in his whole life, at least for Mingyu, it really was. Mangoo, the Pegasii was maneuvered so carelessly that he afraid it would throw him to the ground from sixty feet above the land. Only Seungcheol’s words that could made him a little bit calmer, just for a little bit.

Now he got his feet touching the ground, at last. It’s still wobbling because of the flying sensation. He makes a mental note for himself to never rode on a Pegasii named Mangoo by himself, he sure would be a dead meat if he did that.

He was looking his surroundings; they are now in a some kind of grass plain, a really vast one. With a a big hill on the west and another smaller hill on the east. They all were dismounted from their Pegasii.

“Sorry to ask, but, shouldn’t we going to the camp right now?” Mingyu asked cracking the silence. Everyone was currently busy petting their Pegasii right now. The only one who actually paid attention to Mingyu’s question is just Wonwoo.

“Yes, Mingyu. We were arrived.” Wonwoo said calmly.

He was so confused. But before he asked another question a cold breeze pushed through Mingyu’s thin fabric, he mentally slapped himself inside his mind, why on the world was he decided to wear just a T-Shirt and a pair of cargo pants in the beginning of November?

All out of sudden, an army jacket was putted on his shoulder; he looks at the person who put the jacket on him. It was Seungcheol, the latter was smiling at him, makes him feel warmer not only from the outside, but from the inside too.

“Chill, isn’t it?” He asked Mingyu with a playful tone.

Minggyu just nodded unable to replies. He’s just too fluttered right now to say any word. He throws his gaze to the rest of the group, they were finished packing their things and now coming towards them.

“So, we’re ready to go.”  Seokmin announced. He put his arm around Mingyu’s shoulder. Apparently, he really likes this kind of skinship, Mingyu thought to himself.

“But how about the Pegasus?” Mingyu asked to all of them.

“Don’t worry, it’s been awhile for them to be in the outside, let’s just give them some free time. They would come back to the stable when they are satisfied with the fresh air.” Seokmin answered calmly.

“And, trust me I know they need a fresh air, they just told me.” He added.

Seokmin’s answers only made Mingyu throwing another confused look to him.

“What? My father was the one who creates horses. It is natural that all of his children speak to horses.” Seokmin answered with a laughter.

“aaah.. I see..” Mingyu just nodded.

Then they were continued their journey to the camp by foot. They keep walking to the east, to a small hill with a great cherry blossom tree on the top. It was so huge that even from the base of the hill it looks so majestic and beautiful, Mingyu thought that it was a magical tree because he surely knows that there was no kind of tree that could full blossoming in the winter. They keep going on a small trail that led to the tree. As they were nearing, the petal was fallen elegantly with the breeze.

“Beautiful.” Mingyu murmured to himself.

“Yes it is indeed beautiful.” Wonwoo added. He proceed to walk faster to the front until he reached the hill top, right beside the tree. He looks at Mingyu with a slight smile. “Mingyu, come here fast, I want to show you something.”

Mingyu obeyed Wonwoo’s command and speed-walking to the tree. When he finally reaches Wonwoo’s place, the most magnificent view was showed to him.

In front of him now, lies a huge area of Mugunghwa-Rose of Sharon-Field. In the middle stood a big building with a golden Rose of Sharon shaped things carved to its wall. Behind the building, stood numerous of smaller building, like a house, with different shapes. It was built on the side of a big blue lake.

“Welcome, to Camp of Sharon Rose.” Wonwoo said to him, his voice tone was changed. Not the flat low tone that he usually use, but it was a slightly warmer tone. Mingyu can’t help but smiling at Wonwoo’s sudden change.

*****

It wasn’t took so long to reach the camp from the hill. In five minutes, the big building with carved golden Rose of Sharon is standing majestically in front of them. It was made from solid oak woods and white glistening marbles. Mingyu’s doesn’t really know what kind of marbles were those but it’s emitting a faint glow of white light. Hanja, an old Chinese writings were carved on the marbles. Mingyu doesn’t really paying attention to the teacher in the Chinese class he took last semester, but somehow he’s been able to read the words on the door, his mind was mentally translated the writings to Korean.

무궁화를 아름답게 핀다

The Rose of Sharon blooms beautifully

전사는 용감하게 싸움터에 온다

The Warriors bravely enter the battlefield

“You must be wondering why did your mind suddenly translate the writings into Korean, right?” Seungcheol’s now standing beside him, his gaze locked at the writings. “We, Demi-Gods were gifted to be able to read ancient writings. The Hanja was no exception; it was our first methods of writings since Goguryeo era.”

Mingyu nodded. He’s feeling a little bit stupid right now, if he discover that he could read Hanja sooner maybe he can pass his Chinese class with flying colors.

Jihoon moved to in front of the door. His small hand knocked the door twice and said; “We are back.”

The door was suddenly opened with a loud rusty sound coming from the hinge. A transparent dimly glowing woman greets them from the inside. The woman was just like a ghost in the movie, transparent and glowing dimly. She wears a Korean traditional clothes, Hanbok, She doesn’t say anything but she is gesturing the group to follow her inside.

They followed her through a long hall. It’s quite dark there, the only lighting along the hall was just some simple wall lamps that put along the wall every 2 meters and radiating light from the marbles. The wooden floor criecking as they step further in the building.

They are now in a room that looked like a living room. It’s more lighter here, a big windows let the afternoon’s sunlight shines through the glass. A normal living room in Mingyu’s thought. He hadn’t expecting to found a normal things that he’d always see in Seoul here, but the living room was pretty normal for him, just like a comfy camp living room with a wooden furniture placed here and there, a marble fireplace, they even had a flat screen LED TV, a big one.

The ghostly woman gesturing them to sit on the sofa. Seungcheol and the rest were seated and Mingyu followed their action right after. His gaze circling through the room, there were no magical objects that flying or strange creature’s head on the wall. It just, a simple living room.

“Surprising right?” Seokmin said while leaning his back on the sofa, his feet were now placed on the wooden coffee table in front of them. It looks like he’s already comfortable in this place.

“We, Demi-Gods, are modern humans too. We always getting up to date with today’s technologies.” He added while showing his brand new iPhone 6s to Mingyu and smirking at him, a playful smirk though.

“Don’t mind him. He always brags about his new stuffs.” Said Wonwoo to his so-called-cousin.

“So what?! I bought this phone with  my own money, not yours! Mind your mind own business skeleton guy!” Seokmin answered back at the Emo guy.

“Did you just called me a skeleton? Oh look, what are you then? A centaur?” Wonwoo was clearly upset.

“Woah, stop it right there, you can’t call me that, Hyung. At least be grateful because my father didn’t sunk your boat this morning!” Seokmin said loudly. Now he was gotten up from his seat, clearly challenging the black haired guy.

“Yeah, and you too at least be grateful because my father didn’t opened the gate of hell under your feet right now. Because I’m pretty sure that underworld needed some horse in the stable!” Wonwoo stood too. Accepting the latter’s challenge.

Mingyu was just sit there, watching the scene goes with some funny and idiotic insults throwed by each other. Seungcheol and Jihoon were laughing so hard that tears coming from their eyes. It was indeed a funny scene too for Mingyu, so he can help himself but smiling too watching the scene.

The cousins’ argument were stopped by a loud cough from a man who comes from the door at the other side of the room. The man wasn’t looks too old, but clearly not young too. He was wearing a winter sweater and pajama pants. His hair was fiery orange, almost as orange as the fire at the fireplace. He has those charismas that even the cousins were instantly in a complete silent when they know that he was in the room.

“You guys just ruined my afternoon sleep.” The man said calmly while crossing his arms on his chest. A tone in his voice was calm but clearly showing that he was quite annoyed by the ruckus.

The boys were just there, staring at him at a complete silent. Especially Mingyu, who doesn’t really knows who the man is, so he just sit there staring at him blankly.

“Oh Seungcheol! Wonwoo! Finally you guys are back.” He turned his gaze at the two boys and then looking at Wonwoo’s direction. “and this must be......”

“Yes, he’s Kim Mingyu.” Said Seugcheol completing the man’s sentence.

Now the fiery haired man is coming closer to Mingyu. His pajama pants was too big on him that the fabric is waving as he steps forward. He walks casually so now he is stood in front of Mingyu.

“He is indeed an Aphrodite’s son.” He said while ruffling Mingyu’s silver hair. “Hello, kid. My name is Eric, this camp’s head counselor.”

Mingyu was still staring at him blankly. He wants to introduce himself but it seems that everyone in this camp were already know who he was.

“Sir, I believe that you have a reason to gather us here.” Seungcheol said with full of respect. Eric turned his face at Seungcheol.

“Ah yes! The Reading!” He then sits on a single couch on the other side of the table. “Could someone please call the person in charge. This Child of Aphrodite needs some Future or Destiny Reading for him.....”

“I’m already here, Sir.” A soft voice coming from behind them. There stood a person, wearing a white hooded robe that covered the person’s head. The person has slim features; his waist is so slim that it looks perfectly fit with the robe.

At first, Mingyu thought that the person was a woman. But truth speaks different when the person’s pair of slim hands pulled the white hood down and unveils the person’s face. The person is a man, a really beautiful one. His eyes were round and beautiful, his nose was pointy, and his lips were as red as a fresh strawberry. His hair is as white as the marbles at the wall, falling beautifully on his shoulder. His perfections were completed when he started to talk.

“I am, Yoon Jeonghan, the Oracle of Apollo, The Messenger of Prophecies, is ready to serve you, Sir.” He said with a soft voice while bowing to Eric.

All the eyes in the room were now stared at a same point. To a beautiful man named Yoon Jeonghan. He was walking, no, it almost like he was floating in the air towards them. His hands were hanging freely from the inside of his robe.

“Ah, there you are, Oracle.” Eric said with a smile. He motioned him to come closer. “It looks like the person in your prophecy was finally here.”

The Oracle turned his gaze at Mingyu, staring him intensely. His stare was so piercing that it’s actually making him feel uneasy. Mingyu is trying hard to not staring back at him.

“Ah, so this is the famous Kim Mingyu.” Jeonghan said.

“Y-yes, s-s-sir.” Mingyu stuttered hardly said his words.

“Let me do The Reading to your destiny.” The Oracle said while putting his hand on Mingyu’s head, just like Seungcheol’s did when he was doing the Revelation.

In seconds, The Oracle’s eyes turn into completely white, he opened his mouth but there is light coming from inside. He had his body literally glowing right now. The hand on Mingyu’s head constantly getting warmer and grabbing his head so hard that it starts to feel uncomfortable.

A sound like a need to gasping air was coming from the Oracle’s mouth, but instead of a gasp, he mouthed some words that surprisingly not in a voice that belong to him. Instead of soft calming voice, a hoarse croaking voice was coming from his mouth

 

The day when the sacred that belongs to the Lords banished

The world turns into a complete darkness

The Newest Love and The Only Death should become one

Sacrifices of one soul should be made

And the light would favored to the world again

*****

 

Hello! here comes the 4th chapter *hooray*

Sorry if this story was kinda boring and a pain for your eyes because the grammatical errors here and there.

At the first i was planning to put all the seventeen's member as Demi-Gods but when i wrote this chapter i suddenly think that Jeonghan's image would suit the Oracle's character better.

LOL

AND

Thanks for you all for subscribing and reading my awful story kkk

200 something viewers in 2 days were just too much for an amateur author like me^^

Please send me much supports!!!

 

-best regards, Reybil26