The Island

Camp of Sharon Rose

Camp of Sharon Rose was located far in the east, near the island of Dokdo. Surrounded by strange mist that veil its secret and the Demi-Gods from attack of enemy. The currents were so strong that every ship that came to near would be sunk in second.

The Mist, were a strange magical mist that surrounded the camp. The Mist itself surrounded the whole island territory and hid the Island from outside world. Only Gods and Demi-Gods who would be able to see what beyond The Mist. It can show anything that makes sense for human eyes instead the secret behind it. When the Mortals-a normal human as the Demi-Gods said-sail nearing the island, The Mist would trick their eyes to see only a vast ocean instead of a huge island and the camp.

Mingyu’s stomach turned upside down as the boat that they rode crashing with a big current. Being born in the city giving him a zero experience on the sea. He lean on the side of the deck just for getting rid of the seasick. Mugunghwa I, the boat name, was the only transportation that actually could take them to the camp. It wasn’t a normal boat that everyone could take at Busan or another harbor. They need to throw a golden coin called Geum to the ocean and then the boat would be suddenly appeared from beneath the ocean. The Captain, he wasn’t human. At least Mingyu knows that there is not any human in this world who has a green and scaly skin like a fish. Seungcheol told him that he was an Atlantean, man of Atlantis, a great underwater kingdom ruled by Poseidon, one of the big three of the Olympian, and Wonwoo’s Uncle.

“Feeling good, Dude?” Seungcheol asked to Mingyu. His golden hair were ruffled by the strong wind. Mingyu didn’t know that all of Apollo’s Children would radiating some kind of light from their face or that Seungcheol did have a bright smile.

Mingyu stands up from his seat at the side of the deck and joins Seungcheol. They were both now staring at the vast ocean in front of them. Despite it was a beginning of Winter, but the weather was surprisingly warmer here, because of The Mist. The view was great too, the sun was shining above them, warm but not too warm, it’s just right. The Ocean too, since they were now so far away from fishing place for human, the ocean was so clear and blue that if you stare at the horizon it would be hard to tell the different between the sea and the sky.

“Seungcheol... em... ssi?” Mingyu was trying hard to find a right name to call Seungcheol. He surely knows that Seungcheol is older than him. But they were not that close enough to call each other by the name.

Seungcheol smiled at him. “It’s Hyung.” He looks at Mingyu with his radiant smile that actually makes Mingyu heart flick with strange feelings. “Please just call me Seungcheol Hyung, or Seungcheol if you want too.”

“Okay, Seungcheol Hyung.” Mingyu smiled back at Seungcheol.

“Haha, let’s just drop the honorifics Mingyu-ya.” He turned his gaze back to the sea. He’s still smiling but while closing his eyes. “It actually makes me remember the first time I came to the Camp.”

“W-why?” Mingyu asked carefully.

“The first time I came to the camp was like 10 years ago, right after my 12th Birthday.” His expression changed to a serious one. “I was being claimed. It was the evening of my Birthday, my mom and I were going to the city to buy me some presents. We were so happy at the time. We were strolling in the park, ate Ice Cream, sightseeing around the city. Anyone who saw us must be very envious because we were like on a Happy Mother-Son day. She was the best then, despite she was busy but she was always giving some extra time for me when I need her, until....”

“Hyung!” Wonwoo’s voice cutting our conversation. We turned our gaze to Wonwoo’s direction. He is now wearing an all-black from the sweater to his shoes, he actually looked like an emo kid. He was coming toward us with a serious face.

 “We will arrive in 10 minutes, better get prepared, he needs to do The Reading.” he said while looking at Mingyu. “Hansol told me.”

“Reading what?”

“Oh! Finally we’re here!” Seungcheol shouted happily doesn’t even letting Mingyu to finishes his word. In front of them there is a huge island. It is so huge that Mingyu thinks that if he’s going to explore the island it would took months to fully explore the area.

The Island was like a typical island which scattered in Korea, the surface was rocky and hard. The shore was beautiful, white sand and clear ocean, it would be pretty normal if it wasn’t an island for Demi-Gods to train.

Mingyu was left in awe when he saw the view in front of him. His mouth left hanging agape, he couldn’t even say a word. The magnificent island was surely a rare sight to a city boy like him, especially when he was never goes to any island before, the only island he visited was just Nami Island, that is a different case.

The boat finally reaching the shore, a small wooden pier on the west side of the island. Seungcheol and Wonwoo were hurriedly taking their stuff. Mingyu who only bought his travel bag were waiting the two guys preparing their belongings. He hop down from the boat first and  took glance at the beach line, it was so beautiful, he wondered if could take some times to swim and enjoying the sand.

“Amazing, isn’t it?” Wonwoo said in the most flat tones he ever heard. He and Seungcheol was already hop down to the pier. Mingyu was caught surprised and scratch his nape lightly.

“Well, this is my first time seeing a wonderful place.” Mingyu said with light chuckles. He hid his face from Wonwoo in embarassment.

“Brace yourself dude, the next thing you’ll see could cause a little surprise.” Seungcheol said to him while staring at the sunny sky.

At first Mingyu couldn’t see anything but a ray of sunlight that blindingly shone to his eyes. But in seconds he’s actually see some dots. The dots were coming to them and slowly it turn into an animal shape. Horses, he pretty sure that they were horses, three horses that had wings, a Pegasus! Mingyu shouted inside his head.

The Pegasus were now flying above their head. On their backs sit some teenage boys, maybe around his age. They looks so comfortable and happy despite being on some mystical creature’s back thirty feets from the ground. Slowly the Pegasus are coming down, they flip their majestic wings slowly then flies in circle to the ground until their legs touched the white sands below them. A persone dismounted from a white pegasii’s back and greet the three.

“Seungcheol Hyung! Finally you’re back!” Said a tall boy with a big smile, his smiles actually reminds Mingyu to a horse. The tall boy turns his face to Wonwoo. “Oh! Hello Cousin! You’re back too!”

“Shut up, Lee Seokmin. We’re not cousins.” Wonwoo said with a stern look. “and, I’m your Hyung, I am a year older than you, remember?”

“Oh come on, our dads were brothers!” the guy named Seokmin protested.

“Well-Well let’s cut this family matters here.” A pink haired boy said from the back of a big black Pegasii.

He was actually cute, in Mingyu’s thought. He has a small body feature, a pair of little eyes, a cute smile. He wears a green blue T-Shirts and a skinny jeans that fit his small legs perfectly. He then dismounted from the pegasii and join Seokmin by his side.

“Seungcheol Hyung, is this the kid?” Asked the pink haired boy while throw his eyes on Mingyu.

Mingyu was confused at the time. Why would he refer him as “The Kid.”. Mingyu thought to himself.

“Ah yes, Jihoon-ah.” Seungcheol replied while patting my back. “He is the kid that we were expect to come. He finally joins us. He is Kim Mingyu, Child of Aphrodite.”

“Woah! I know that Children of Aphrodite were always good looking! But I don’t know that The Famous Kim Mingyu was this stunning!” Minseok said in full excitement when he know that the silver haired boy was Mingyu. Mingyu in the other side was slightly confused, he’s only been there for 15 minutes but they were already called him some names. Seokmin was so loud admiring how handsome Mingyu is until he got an annoyed glance from Wonwoo and a cough from Seungcheol. “Oh I totally forgot! Hehe.. Let me introduce myself properly. My name is Lee Seokmin, Son of Poseidon. It was nice to meet you, Kim Mingyu.”

The boy take Mingyu’s hand and shake it excitedly. Mingyu can’t help but to shake the other boy’s hand back. Actually Mingyu thinks that he’s actually a nice person.

Once again, Seungcheol faking his cough, this time louder than before, indirectly telling that Seokmin was being too loud and it is Jihoon’s turn to introduce himself. The pink haired boy now lightly pushing Seokmin aside to stand in front of Mingyu. Now Mingyu just realized that the boy was actually much shorter than him, he needs to look a little bit downward in order for being polite when talk to him.

“Hi.” He said to Mingyu, a sweet smile plastered on his face. He takes Mingyu’s hand and shake it lightly.  “I’m Jihoon, Son of Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and Warcraft, Leader of 6th House.”

Mingyu was taken aback when Jihoon, despite his small feature, his grab was so strong that Mingyu even could hear a cracking voice coming from his hand. This boy was surely stronger than he looks, he thought to himself.

“Now let’s get done with the introduction session.” Seungcheol ending their conversation. He take a look at the three pegasus on Jihoon’s back. “There are three pegasii, and of them is Mangoo, Chan’s Pegasii.”

“Where’s Chan?” Wonwoo asked the pink haired boy with a confused look.

“Well, Chan is on duty cleaning the stable today, he would likely to join us but... You know, Chan has to maintain his Maknae image in order to be favored by all the campers. Tch.” Jihoon answered lightly with a slight smirk.

“Ah I see.” Seungcheol nodded his head. He then looks at Mingyu and the rest. “Okay, shall we go now? It looks like the sun will be set soon, it’s winter anyway, the night would be come earlier.”

The rest are going to their pegasii. Seokmin was forcing Wonwoo to go with his white Pegasii. Of course, Wonwoo decline it so hard that even threatening the other boy he would throw him to hell sooner. It ended that Seokmin was riding his Pegasii alone because Wonwoo would be going with Jihoon while Seungcheol was already on Mangoo’s back.

 There left Mingyu stood still at his place. He never sits on a horse back before, and now everyone was looked comfortable on the Pegasus, he just thinking to tell the rest that he’d be walking to the camp by himself. But before he told them, Seungcheol was approaching him with Mangoo.

“I know that you’re never ride a Pegasii before.” He said while caressing Mangoo’s hare softly. “Go with me then, I’ll ensure your safety. Beside, Mangoo is nice to everybody, just like Chan, his owner do.”

Mingyu looked at Seungcheol, this time there is a snap inside his chest that makes him fluttered. “Is it safe?” he asked.

Seungcheol just laugh at him softly, that actually makes Mingyu kind of embarrassed. “Of course, Mingyu. I’m the best Pegasii rider in the whole camp, you know?”

Thinking about his question once again actually makes Mingyu more embarrassed. He’s drifting his gaze away to the sand below him, secretly hoping it would hide his face which now being as red as a tomato. He’s surprised when Seungcheol gave his hand to him and said “Trust me.”

Mingyu’s taking Seungcheol hand and climb to Mangoo’s back. He was now seated in front of Seungcheol grabing Mangoo’s hare a little bit too hard that it makes Mangoo whined.

“Relax.” Seungcheol said to Mingyu while ruffling Mingyu’s silver hair. Actually it looks a bit awkward right now because Mingyu was clearly taller than the blonde haired man and it worries him so much afraid that the other would be having a difficulty to navigating. But before he could sounded his worries, Seungcheol said some words to the Pegasii and it suddenly flew away leaving the beach followed by the others.

Mingyu is now closing his eyes tightly clearly afraid of the heights and the wind. Mangoo is maneuvering in the air that actually makes him feels like he would throw up soon. But suddenly he felt Seungcheol hand grabs his hand from behind and whispering things to Mingyu’s ear.

“It’s safe. Believe me.”

*******

Hey this is the third chapter^^ thanks for all who subcsribe this story!! 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting it's really motivating for me to continue this story!!!

I'm thinking for adding some "MingyuxSeungcheol" part here, but don't worry, it is Meanie fanfiction after all,

I'll develop Meanie relationship and story in the future chapters hehe

 

PS : is there any pairing name for MingyuxS.Coups? if there is one, please let me know

 

-regards, Reybil16