chapter 9

Junghwan's second love
 

Hana opened her eyes to see Junghwan staring at her..his head was being held up with his hand and he was lying down facing her. “Good morning” he said with a smile. Hana remembered the moments of last night and her face went red “g..good morning” she said shyly. She pulled the blanket over her face out of embarrassment . Junghwan pulled it down with a smirk. “ so now you’re shy…yesterday night…you were very bold…” he started to .Hana interrupted him “ YA!” she shouted

She saw that her shirt was on the floor “Junghwan-ah turn around”

“I’ve already seen everything,why should I turn” Junghwan teased

“I’m going to kill you!” Hana said raising her hand. “Fine” Junghwan grumbled as Hana went to get her clothes. “Omo it’s already 10…I’m so hungry” Hana said as she sat on the bed. Junghwan closed his eyes and pulled the blankets over himself. “I’m soooo hungry” she yelled in his ear. He continued to sleep. “Fine,I’ll go cook something” she said walking to the bathroom to freshen up. After that she headed for the kitchen…determined to cook something for herself.

She wasn’t really a great cook. She knew a few easy recipes and she just kept using those again and again. She decided to just make toast and an omelette . As she was cooking she felt firm arms wrap around her body. Junghwan rested his head on her shoulder. “so now you’re ready to get up” she said not looking at him. “I’m still sleeping” he said as he closed his eyes and rested his head. Hana held his face in her hands and turned her head to face him,she leaned forward and kissed him. His eyes opened in surprise. Hana pulled away .”See you’re awake,go freshen up and help me “ Hana turned around,Junghwan was still surprised . He eventually dragged himself to the bathroom.

When he came out Hana was already sitting on the dining table and eating. “ how nice of you to wait for me” Junghwan said sarcastically. Hana gave him a bright smile. He sat down.

“Merry Christmas” She said to him “Sorry,my present is at Bora’s,I didn’t think I’d end up here so…”

“It’s okay,but I won’t give you my present till you give yours” Junghwan answered. “Fine ,whatever” Hana said and stuck her tongue out “We should eat fast…we’re supposed to go to sunwoo and Bora’s house” she said as she bit her toast.Junghwan started to devour his meal.Hana smiled in satisfaction.

The soon went to Bora’s place. As they walked in both Sunwoo and Bora gave them a suspicious look.Junghwan made a face at them as to ask why they were staring.

Yoona ran toward with with a smile. Hana picked her up and Junghwan pat her head. “Jungpa…is wearing the same shirt from yesterday” she yelled . Everyone stared at Junghwan .Hana’s face turned red. Bora tried to hold in a laugh and Sunwoo giggled.

“um…Yoona…let’s open presents” Hana said running to the hall.She sat down and handed Yoona her present. “This one’s from me” Hana said with a smile. Yoona opened it to see a Barbie doll

“ya,you should’ve gotten her a book” Bora said as she sat down on the couch

“I know that you’ve probably already filled her room with books” she snapped back.

Yoona opened the rest of her presents, she got a dress from Junghwan ,and she loved it.She twirled around in it happily. All of them were really happy.There were quite a lot of plans for that day which included going to Hana’s parents house and to Deoksun and Taek’s Christmas party.

Hana felt sad remembering that Junghwan was leaving the next day but she decided to ignore it. She didn’t want to miss out on happy moments because of sad moments in the future.

One thing Hana was sure of,was that it was the best Christmas of her life

The next day…..

Junghwan woke up late,he was alone in his apartment . His suitcase was packed and he had to leave in three hours.It made him sad to leave but he also knew that after this he’d be stationed near home so that relieved him.

As je was about to get breakfast , the bell rang. He walked to the door and opened it. He was surprised to see Hana standing in front with a sad expression on her face. “ You’re early”he said looking at her.

Hana looked at him apologetically “Junghwan-ah” she said not looking at him. Junghwan felt worried ..she looked like she was going to say something very serious

“I lost your ring” she said,finallylooking at him. Junghwan’s face crazked into a smile,he started to laugh.

“why are you laughing ?I know it was important to you” Hana said looking disappointed

Junghwan softly knocked her head,she looked at him with surprise.He was still smiling. “Wait here” he said as he walked inside.

Hana waited

Junghwan went to his room and got the ring. Hana had taken the ring off when she was arm wrestling Dongryong at the party,she had handed to over to him.After that she had gotten drunk and he had to take her home,her memory was obviously wiped clean.

Hana looked to the side to look at Bora.She had agreed to accompany Bora to Yoona’s new preschool ,Bora had forced her to make a stop at Junghwan’s place and tell him the truth.Bora insisted that she’d stand at a place that Junghwan couldn’t see her,so she stood near the elevator ,to the right of Junghwan’s apartment.

Junghwan walked to his door and saw Hana looking to the away to the right.He sa her smile and wondered for a second,if she was crazy. At that moment he decided to do something he’d wanted to do for a while. He took her hand,her eyes shot to look at him.

“oh you…” Hana was interrupted by Junghwan “Hana…” he said looking into her eyes

“I know this is fast and w’ve only been dating for about a year but ….I want to marry you,what do you think?” he asked boldly.He wanted to be more romantic,he just didn’t know how to. He had planned to do this after his return but at that moment he couldn’t stop himself.

Hana looked at him with shock.She then rolled her eyes and smiled at him “I can’t believe that this how you’re asking”

Junghwan smiled at her, “You know how I am”

Hana looked at him for a while. She knew her answer but she wanted to see how frustrated he’d look as he waited.After a few more seconds Junghwan opened his mouth

“Hana-ya how much longer do you expect me to wait …my knees are going to break” he groaned

“tch tch” Hana said clicking her tongue “even when you’re proposing you’re rude” she said

“But I still love you so…YES” Hana said with a bright smile.

Junghwan stood up and kissed her passionately. After a few seconds they were interrupted by the sound of Bora talking on her phone.

“ye…SHE SAID YES” she said

Hana turned around,Junghwan’s arms were still around her. “Who did you call?”

“my husband..who else” Bora answered “now if you’re done,can I leave now?” she asked

“you don’t want me to come with you?” Hana asked

“It doesn’t look like you have any plans of moving” Bora answered looking at Hana and Junghwan

“Any way, congratulations” she said smiling at them

Before Hana could thank her her phone started ringing . It was Junghwan’s mother “ommo-nim?” she said picking up the phone

“Hana-ya did Junghwan propose?” Junghwan’s mother said screaming excitedly through the phone

Junghwan snatched the phone from Hana’s hands “omma! How did you find out so fast?” he asked .

He then got a call from his own cell phone, he saw that it was from Deoksun.

Hana took his phone “hello?”

“hello? Hana-ya, did he propose?”

Bora shook her head,sunwoo was the king of gossip,it hadn’t been ten minutes since she’d told him ,and the news was already spread amongst all the friends.

One thing was for sure the wedding guest list was going to be very long

I am so sorry that this chapter is so late and so short. I have been very busy with my exams,and had almost forgotten about this. Did you guys watch the tvn10 awards? Most of the reply 1988 cast were there. It was great to see Junghwan again lol. These days I'm also watching scarlet heart ryeo,if anyone can suggest some good fanfics for that dram,a ,please do. Thank you for all the comments and for reading my story. The next chapter will be the last,but maybe I'll add a bonus chapter. Thank you...and have fun. I'll update chapter 10 soon,hopefully I manage to make it way longer than this one.