chapter 7

Junghwan's second love
 

"Junghwan-ah" said Hana looking at him with disbelief .

Junghwan gave her a warm smile.. Hana slowly poked him,to make sure it was really him.

They were at sunwoo's house and on the couch. Junghwan had his arms around her and Hana had been asking him the same question for the past ten minutes.

"Is it really you?" she asked for the hundredth time .

"I'm not going to answer you anymore" he said grumpily 

"it really is you" she said snuggling closer to him.she rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around him

Junghwan knew that it was for a short time,but he wanted to enjoy all the time he had with her.

"so when will you be leaving?" asked sunwoo . Hana gave him a frown,she didn't want to know.

"friday" he said,focused on the television.

"today is tuesday,so almost three days" Bora added.

" Yah ! sunwoo take his stuff to the room" she continued getting up.Sunwoo obeyed and followed Bora holding on to Junghwan's luggage

"unnie,why are you sleeping on Jungpa?" asked Yoona running into the room.

Hana quickly moved away and sat on the far end of the couch. 

"sleeping? me? no way. I was just...umm...trying to listen to his heart beat" she lied. Junghwan raised his eyebrows . 

"really,why?" Yoona asked innocently

"yes,why Hana?" asked Junghwan clearly enjoying this.

"to hear if it was beating" hana answered.

"Jungpa lie down,I want to listen too" said Yoona ready to climb up on him.

"yes Jungpa listen to what she says" yoona said with a smirk.

Junghwan put his head on Hana's lap and lied down on the couch. Hana gave him a shocked look.

"what there was no space"Junghwn answered calmly. 

Yoona put her head next to his heart.

"waah I heard it go thump thump" she said excitedly. Hana smiled at her as she ran her finger's through his hair.

"yoona,I've got you some chocolates it's in the fridge" said Hana trying to get up.But junghwan forced her keep sitting.While Yoona ran to the kitchen

"don't move ,I'm tired" said Junghwan looking at the ceiling . For a while they sat in silence. Hana ran her fingers through his hair.

"I missed you more" replied Hana,she bent her head down and gave him a small peck,she pulled away and smiled.

"hey you can't do that" junghwan said and moved his head closer to hers and kissed her again. This time they kissed with a lot more passion. Their lips moved fast almost like they were racing to go somewhere. Hana felt like the room had become at least a hundred degrees hotter. They pulled away for air and were breathing heavily.

"yoona can come in any time,so don't try that again" Hana said after she'd calmed down a bit.Junghwan smirked seeing the color of her cheeks. Yoona ran into the room,and Hana sighed with relief that she hadn't come sooner. Yoona climbed back up on Junghwan and put her head against his chest.

"Hana unnie,I think Jungpa is sick"she whispered

"why?" asked Hana

"his heart is beating really fast right now" she continued

Hana giggled and Junghwan cleared his throat,he was clearly embarrassed.

"He's not sick Yoona,sometimes when people......" Hana started

"okay okay,enough about that,I think Hana should come to my room to help me unpack" he interrupted,getting off the couch.

He put on a kids show and dragged Hana to his room. "where are sunwoo and Bora?" asked Hana.

"I don't know,probably in their own room" answered junghwan. 

"So lets see what we have to unpack" she asked sitting on the floor. She took his suitcase and opened it.

"oh my god Junghwan! how are you so neat?" she asked looking at the rows of neatly folded shirts.

Junghwan sat next to her.

"well someone has to be the neat person in this relationship" he said

"are you saying I'm not neat?" Hana asked irritated.

"are you saying you are....?" he asked thinking of the time he had visited her house.

"fine,I'm not,you win" she said,taking his clothes and placing them on the bed. At the bottom she found an envelope,it looked like there were a lot of papers inside it.

"what is this?" she asked holding the envelope

"they're documents from work" he said snatching it away

"really,why are there hearts on the cover?" she asked not believing him

"are you having an affair?" she asked

"what no! I was in the military for God's sake  " he said defending himself

"then you'll have no problem showing me the envelope" she said trying to grab it.

Junghwan tried to run and jumped on the bed and Hana followed. She tried to snatch it,but he was too tall. She then came up with an idea.

she suddenly fell on the bed and closed her eyes. A wave of panic went through Junghwan. He sat on the bed and tried to wake her. the moment he let go of the envelope she picked it up from the bed and tore it open. Out flooded a bunch of pictures. And all of them were of Hana. Many of them were her childhood pictures.Hana went through each of them.Junghwan sat on the far corner of the bed with crossed arms.

"they're all of me" hana said quietly .

"I got them from your mom,I wanted to look at them when I missed you" Junghwan added

 "Junghwan..." she said moving closer to him. 

"I love you so much" she said and hugged him.He snuggled against her neck.Junghwan pulled away slightly and cupped her face. He leaned in but Hana covered his mouth.

"not when there's a three year old in this house" she said teasingly 

she got off the bed and took his clothes to the cupboard .

"hey,tonight there's dinner and Dongryong's place,he told me to invite you too" Junghwan said.

"oh,Hye rim called me a while back to tell me"

"oh are you guys close now" Junghwan asked lying down on the bed .

"yup" Hana lay down next to him using his arm as a pillow.

"we first hung out after Dongryong proposed to her" Hana continued

"oh yeah,it was about time right. It took him four years" 

For a moment Hana wondered whether or not she should be getting worried about marriage.I mean she'd been dating for about six months now. It was a bit too soon.They should at least date for a year or two before having these kinds of thoughts. This was all Junghwan's mom's fault,she'd call Hana and talk to her about her future wedding almost everyday .

"Ya! Hana,are you awake" Junghwan asked waving his hand in front of her face

"hmm...yes...I am"she said looking at the ceiling 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That evening everyone in the 'sung' household left for Dongryong's place. Everyone from their old gang were invited. It was Dongryong's birthday ,but he insisted that no one should get him a gift. When they got there it was great to see the whole gang again. They all sat down for dinner, except Yoona who had already fallen asleep. They were all chattering away. No one noticed Deoksun and Taek trying to get them to quiet down,until finally Deoksun clapped really loudly to get their attention.

"ahem...guys I have some news" she said

"I'm pregnant" she announced

everyone stared at Taek who was grinning shyly. 

"oh my god, poor innocent Taek,did you do this?" asked Dongryong

" Taek I didn't know you had it in you,how long have you guys been married like six months" said Junghwan. Hana gave him a nudge

"congrats guys" she said smiling at them

"why is everyone getting pregnant and married these days" asked sunwoo

"only Junghwan's left.....any news for us?" asked Dongryong smiling at Junghwan.

Junghwan gave him a death glare. Hana's cheeks turned bright pink.

They suddenly heard a loud wail from the next room. Yoona had woken up and was confused because she'd never seen that room before.

Bora started to get up but Hana stopped her.

"It's okay,I'll get her,you shouldn't move around so much" Hana said,she was glad to leave the room to avoid the awkward topic of her marriage with Junghwan.

She went to the next room and Yoona calmed down on seeing her face. Hana picked her up and told her that she was safe and that everyone else was in the other room.

"Unnie are going to leave " Yoona whispered

"what do you mean?" Hana was very confused."I heard omma say that you will get married to Jungpa,so will you leave with him?" she asked innocently.

There was no way to avoid marriage talks it seemed. They'd only known each other for six months so Hana had no plans of marriage in her mind. But maybe in the near future she'd like to get married to him. 

"No,yoona,we're not getting married" she said her hair.

Meanwhile Junghwan was in a very strange position. All eyes were on him.

"so ,you are serious about her right?" asked Dongryong

"if you're not,I'll kill you" Bora threatened ,after all Hana was her best friend 

"All of you should stop interfering so much" he said. "and yes I am serious ,Bora" he said ,slightly scared of Bora.

"We can't help it,we've never really seen you with a girl" sunwoo said. Taek and Junghwan stared at each other awkwardly. 

"so ,Junghwan you'll be here on christmas,but not on new year's" asked Taek trying to change the topic

"yes"

" it must be hard for you to spend New year's without your family  nearby" Hye rim stated

"what kind of a place doesn't give a holiday on New year's" Dongryong asked irritated 

"I'm proud to serve my country,so its okay" Junghwan replied 

Hana walked back in "Yoona's asleep again " she said with a bright smile

"thank you Hana" sunwoo said

"unni ,sunwoo,you guys have made a babysitter out of Hana" Deoksun said 

"no, no, I really love being around kids, I think its a lot of fun" Hana protested,she really did enjoy looking after Yoona .

"shhh...don't say it to Deoksun,soon she'll make you her baby sitter too" Dongryong joked

"so Hana you like kids? any plans of having your own?" Deoksun interrogated . It was Junghwan's turn to blush.

"ah...yes,maybe in the future " Hana answered shyly

"Deoksun have you picked out any names?" Junghwan asked

"Taek never agrees with me on names" she replied

"that's because she insists that the child is going to be a boy" Taek piped in quietly 

"I know it is,I can feel it. But Taek apparently wants a baby girl" Deoksun continued. "Bora's the lucky one she's got one of each gender" 

"I'd like a son too" Hye rim added

"Dongryong,did you hear that" Junghwan teased . Dongryong added"boys are too mischievous and noisy, I'd rather have a daughter" 

"Oh wait I know this game that you can use to figure out how many kids you'll have and what the gender will be" sunwoo added

"We've got to be the first group of adults who talk about their future babies and their genders during dinner" Junghwan sighed

"It worked on us" Sunwoo stated

"It was just a coincidence ! " Bora exclaimed

"Okay Taek show me your engagement ring" sunwoo said

"Now Deoksun show me your hand" he took deoksun's hand and made the palm face upwards. He took a string and put the ring through it. Then he held the string up but let the ring rest on her palm. He then lifted it up in a way that the ring now started revolving.

"It's a boy" sunwoo announced

"Ha! I told you" Deoksun said with a triumphant smile."are you seriously believing this" Taek questioned.

Sunwoo did it again,and then once more,and this time the string hardly moved. this time he announced, " It's a girl,so you guys will have a boy and a girl"

"me next " Hye rim said moving closer with a ring. Sunwoo did the same but announced that they'll have two boys. " ok  sunwoo lets make a bet,if this comes true I'll let you have five free dinners at any of my restaurants" Dongryong announced. "ok deal" sunwoo agreed

"Hana,you're next" Sunwoo stated

"I don't have an engagement ring" she said

"it's okay,the couple ring will do" he insisted on it. Everyone,especially Junghwan paid close attention.

Sunwoo took the ring and string and lifted and dropped it a few times. "Ya! sunwoo what is it,why aren't you telling us" Junghwan interrupted,as sunwoo kept picking and dropping it without a word.

Finally he opened his mouth "waah,you guys,really"

"what do you mean" Hana asked

"you'll have four kids,three boys and one girl"he announced. 

For a moment everyone was quiet then almost the whole room erupted with laughter except Hana and Junghwan who just stared at Sunwoo wide eyed.

"Junghwan -ah,you turned out to be more capable than we thought" Dongryong joked

"ok...now I'm sure that he made this whole thing up" Junghwan yelled

"we shall see" sunwoo said giving a mischievous smile.

"ahh,you guys have only been talking about marriage and kids today....you guys are getting too old" Junghwan added irritated .

The rest of the evening was spent teasing Hana and Junghwan. By the end,everyone was exhausted but happy. It was great to have the whole gang back. 

Junghwan dropped Hana off and told her to join him when he was going to visit his family tomorrow.

He waited near the door

"so tomorrow at five, I'll come to pick you up" he said

"okay" she replied

"sorry if my friends made uncomfortable"

"what? hey're my friends too" Hana answered

"though,four kids are a little too much" she joked

"I wouldn't mind" Junghwan replied

"well I want to finish having kids by 32,so four kids are nearly impossible" 

"well,we better get started then"Junghwan .

"ha ha very funny"she said heading inside.

"ahhh,I don't want to walk all the way back home at night, I'm too tired" he wailed

"you're in the air force,I'm sure you can manage" Hana said sternly

"No.... I just came back today...don't you feel bad for me" he said again,and walked into the house,

"YAH! JUNGHWAN,what will Bora and sunwoo think?" she screamed

" I don't care....." Junghwan said as he settled himself on the couch

This was going to be a long night. Hana couldn't believe that this grown,almost thirty year old man was behaving like a kid. 

"Fine,but you will be sleeping on the couch" she ordered him

"but we've slept on the same bed before" he argued

"that was by accident" 

"fine but, first let's watch a movie" he said turning on the TV.She finally agreed and sat next to him on the couch. 

 

Hey guys ,hope you guys liked the chapter,thank you for the comments and votes. I really appreciate it. Please tell me what you think. : )

P.S - That game Sunwoo played was from a movie that I saw,so I didn't just come up with it.