Chapter 6

Junghwan's second love

Hana was in a great mood the next day. She was smiling and humming songs as she walked. Deep inside she felt extremely that she wouldn't be able to see Junghwan for a year,but till he leaves,she decided to be as happy as possible. He tried his best to spend time with her too(not that he'd show it),he'd pick her up after work ,and they'd go on dates nearly every day.

Their dates were not always fancy,most of the time it was just hanging out at each other's houses. She knew that he had trouble expressing how he felt so she felt happiness when they locked eyes from across the room,or when he smiled at her the moment he saw her. She loved him and he loved her and that's all that mattered.

Both their families liked them too. Junghwan's mom is more attached to Hana than Junghwan himself. And Hana's dad loved having Junghwn around,so that he could finally have some sensible conversations. Hana started taking loads and loads of photos of Junghwan as the date of his departure was arriving soon. She wrote him five letters even before he left,so that he could read them there. Junghwan was so tempted to open them but he knew that patience was important.

The day that Junghwan had to leave arrived pretty fast. Time flies when you're having fun. Hana said that she wouldn't be there to drop him off at the airport. They had spent the previous night at Junghwan's house (don't worry they kept everything PG :P) .The sat on the couch and watched a few movies. Junghwan had his arms around Hana and her head was rested on her chest. Once in a while she'd give him a small peck on his cheeks,and sometimes she'd start tearing up only to have Junghwan her head and hug her tighter . After almost one hour of sitting around and moping Hana decided that she wanted to remember this night as a happy night. So she pulled out a board game and forced Junghwan to play. Hana was a bit too competitive and made sure that Junghwan lost every time.Junghwan was amused by her extremely childish enthusiasm for some game.For a few moments they forgot about their impending separation.

They fell asleep holding each other's hands. Hana was the first to wake up. As soon as she woke up she tried to make herself busy. First she freshened up and got dressed then started preparing breakfast. Sometime later she could feel someone's arms wrap around her shoulder. She didn't react since she knew whose it was. This was their last few moments together ,and Hana wanted him as close as possible. They ate their breakfast in silence. They left the apartment together. Hana had decided not to be there when he left as she hated saying good bye. So Junghwan dropped her off at Bora's house while he drove to the airport with Sunwoo. 

Bora tried her hardest to keep Hana's mind away from Junghwan they watched her favourite movies . Even as Hana played with Yoona ,she couldn't keep her mind away from him.

Junghwan had a pretty painful ride,not that he'd show it. Sunwoo kept glancing at him to see a reaction but Junghwan had a firm face. As Junghwan got on the plane to get to his base he opened the first letter.

 

 

Dear Jungpa,

If you're reading this you're probably on the plane. And I must be at home moping around. I feel like I'm being a bit over dramatic,after all we've known each other for only three months. But it's really weird how I can't imagine my life without you. I'm going to miss the little things you do for me. Like when you wait for me every day after my class,or how you looked after me when I was sick,or when you ate all the burnt food that I made.

Anyway, I just want you to know that I love you. Write back to me soon,don't fall in love with some other girl while you're there and stay safe...

Hana

 

Junghwan read the letter a few times and closed his eyes letting it all sink in. He felt happy and sad at the same time . He knew that he was going to miss her a lot, for a few moments he wondered how he was supposed to reply to her letter. He decided not to think about it and went to sleep. It was going to be a long year.

Hana got Junghwan's first letter about one week after his departure .She could see that he put a lot of effort into it,He could see many crossed out words indication that he'd probably written the letter more than once.

Dear Hana,

I don't really know what to write. I hope you're safe. Don't go around falling on people,don't get drunk unless you're with Bora,don't hangout with with that 'oppa' of yours. don't be disappointed that this letter is short. 

Junghwan

 

About a week after receiving Junghwan's letter, Hana got a call from an unknown number.

August 1999

Hello?

Hi

Who is this?

your boyfriend

.......Junghwan?

No,your other boyfriend

I didn't know you could call me from there

You though we don't have phones here?

I didn't think you'd be allowed to

Well ,we are

So,how is it there?

well,its basically the same

So do you get to fly planes

what? No. It's mainly paperwork and a bit of training

Then why don't you call me more often

we still have rules

So hey,guess what Bora and Sunwoo having a baby boy

My mom told me already

Oh and last week Yoona drew a picture of us,you should see it,it was adorable

......

Two days ago I fell down and sprained my ankle

What? how

well,I was running after the bus and well..I fell

I told you to be careful

I was careful

So I'm guessing you can't walk now

I can,Just need crutches for one week

I wouldn't be shocked if you fall on the crutches

I won't okay.

......

.......

Junghwan?

yes?

are you happy there?

well its a bit boring not having to hear your yapping

good

anyway I have to go back to class

Wait you're not on holiday?

Why would I be on holiday

You're injured

It's just a sprain any way I have to go now

okay,fine

Saranghae

 

Hana's heart was beating fast the whole time,she was also felt like her heart melted,overall she felt great. It was really good to hear from him. 

After that day Junghwan and Hana talked nearly every day. Everyday at 8 p.m sharp Hana's phone would ring and she'd be waiting to pick it up.Both of them were too lazy to write letters so their phone calls were very important to them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

september 1999

What did you eat today?

rice...

and?

.....

you're lying right? you haven't eaten yet. Ya! Junghwan if you keep doing this I'm going come there and feed you myself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

october 1999

Junghwan-ah today something really bad happened

what? how? Did you get hurt?

This student of mine wrote a letter to this guy who she liked and he made fun of her in front of everyone

.....this was the big problem?

Do you know how sad she was?

she's just five years old.....she'll get over it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

november 1999

Hello?

Hana,its Junghwan

OPPAAAAA

oppa?

oppa?can I ask you a question

...sure?

Your lips look lonely would they like to meet mine..

Hana? are you okay?

oh I've got another one.....

guess what I'm wearing

...........what?.............

the smile you gave me....

Hana are you drunk?

pffft no I'm not. Yumi just gave me a bit of beer

so you are drunk,are you at home?

yes...by the way do you have a name?

what?

or can I call you mine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like that months passed and before they realised ,the year 1999 was coming to an end. It was soon going to be the beginning of a new century.

One night,a few days before Christmas Hana didn't get a call from Junghwan. She got freaked out for almost and entire day,she tried to call him a few times with the number he'd given but there was no response . She also didn't get a call the next day. She called Bora and even Junghwan's mom,but none of them had heard from him.Hana tried to act like nothing was wrong and agreed to come and babysit Yoona. She had to take the bus like usual,and like usual she was late. She ran to it and a hand reached out....she grabbed it. Her eyes met a pair of familiar ones.

"Hi" said Junghwan with a smile

Hana poked him, and then gasped

"Jungpa!" she exclaimed and hugged him. People in the bus started to stare at them

Junghwan hugged her back

"I've missed you" he said pulling her even closer.

 

 

 

 

Hey guys, its me. Sorry that it took so long for me to come up with the next chapter. I was having my exams. Forgive me  T_T . I know this chapter is short,but this is all that I could come up with,I was having massive writer's block . I'm sorry if this chapter isn't too good and I'm thankful if you enjoyed it. Keep rooting for Hana and Junghwan and please tell me what you think of the chapter. I promise the next chapter will be longer. Plus there will be a huge event coming soon. hehe :D