Chapter 1

Junghwan's second love

year 1994

"Is that good, moron? You said this was your wish" said junghwan to the awestruck group of people sitting around him. he had just let out all his past feeling for deok sun. To not make things awkward for everyone,he lied that it was a joke.He felt a sort of freedom, he was finally free from his first love ,he no longer needed to wait for her outside her house,or stay up all night thinking about something she said to him. He didn't need to carry that burden anymore . It was his time to leave her,and move on.

As they left ,jung hwan left the ring on the table." Good bye first love" he said as he walked away.

Little did he know that someone had picked up his ring that night.

 

year 1999

Park Ha Na was late, she was always late. She ran to catch the bus which was already leaving , she was losing it ,when suddenly a hand popped out of the bus,she held it tightly and got on the bus. She found herself holding the hands of a handsome young man. He was talking to someone on his mobile phone. "Yaa! sunwoo ,where are you supposed to be......no I'm on the bus,my car broke down..fine,I'll come there" said the mysterious stranger on his phone.

 

Wow,he was able to pull me up despite being focused on a conversation with someone,she thought to herself . She noticed that she kept glancing down at her hand,which she quickly removed from his.He was still looking at it. Almost like he was trying to remember something. She glanced down at her own hands ,they looked pretty ordinary to her. The only thing that was a bit out of the ordinary was the giant ugly ring she wore. 

 

year 1994

 

"Ha na ,I found a blind date for you" said Ha na's friend so hyun

"You know that I'm not interested in that stuff,I want to fall in love with someone because of fate or destiny,not because of some stupid blind date" she replied.

"No.you're going to meet him tonight,maybe he's your fate and destiny " 

"oh my god,please just leave me alone, you see I'm already seeing someone" said  Ha na.She was lying,but she knew that was the only way to stop her friend from pestering her.

Her friend had a shocked look on her face "really, since when?"

"umm two months" replied Ha na

"How come,you've never talked about him? show me a photo?why don't you wear a couple ring?" asked her so hyun. 

All of them were questions Ha na did not know the answer to.

"He's been busy,I don't have photo of him,and I forgot to wear my ring today" she replied fast,and ran away.

She was exhausted and decided that she did not want to eat ramyun today,so she went to a restaurant to eat.

She felt a bit lonely sitting there all alone,but she realized that nobody cared.

She saw a group of friends sitting and talking ,there was only one girl in the group. All of them seemed pretty happy. She was going to eavesdrop on their conversation,but they all stood up to leave. They left a ring behind.

She wondered if they forgot it or if it was done on purpose.She was going to give it a bit more thought,when from the corner of her eye she could see her friend walking towards the restaurant . 

She panicked,ran to the table beside hers,grabbed the ring and ran back,luckily so hyun had not seen it.

"so,why're you here all alone? Didn't your boyfriend come?" she asked full of curiosity .

"He..He just left actually,you missed him" Ha na said smiling at her friend.

"Did he give you this ring? how cute" her friend gushed

"umm...yeah...my boyfriend gave it for me" she said touching the ring nervously .They left the ring here,what if they come back for it,is this counted as stealing , she started fidgeting nervously as all these thoughts filled her mind.

...Maybe he'll come back for it......

 

1999

wait,sun woo? It couldn't be ,no way,it couldn't be the sun woo she knew right? she asked herself . She decided to listen to his conversation to make sure that it wasn't the sunwoo she knew, she looked outside so that it wouldn't be too suspicious.Unfortunately the mysterious stranger put his phone down.

The bus came to a halt,and the stranger got off.

after about ten minutes Ha na reached her destination. She ran inside the shop and looked for toys.Umm.....what would a three year old kid like to play with? she wondered . 

she browsed to the shop for about fifteen minutes,when her phone rang." PARK HA NA,WHERE ARE YOU,WE ARE WAITING TO CUT YOONA'S CAKE AND YOU'RE STILL NOT HERE!!YOU COME IN FIVE MINUTES OR YOU'RE DEAD" yelled someone through the phone. Ha na almost trembled with fear,she grabbed a huge teddy bear,and ran to a cab. She would've taken another bus,but she would probably die by the time she got there,her friend would make sure of it.

 

 

Jung hwan got to sun woo's house,and a little girl came running tto him . "Junpa!!" she called out with glee. It looked like she was playing in the backyard .However,this time before jumping into his arms the three year old did a funny dance and waved at him. It was pretty cute and goofy. It reminded him of his dad and his antics. He smiled at her.

"Junpa? aren't you forgetting something?" she asked. He loved that she called his that,she had heard dong ryong call him that last year,and she couldn't completely pronounce it,so she called him jung pa.

"hmm...I wonder what it is? what could it be..." he said,clearly just to see the little one's reaction,Just as she was about to scream at him."is it Yoona's birthday?" he asked,revealing a present he had kept behind his back.

"yes it is" she said grabbing the gift ,she held his hand and pulled him inside his house.

"omma,appa jungpa is here" she screamed.

sun woo and bora came running out.Sun woo grabbed his luggage and said "Hey,I told you to get here early,we've got your room ready for you".

"I told you a million times ,I'll just stay in a hotel"He wailed.

"NO. You're on leave,your parents are on holiday,we aren't letting you spend your three month holiday alone" yelled Bo ra. Jung Hwan stopped protesting,he knew it was of no use to fight with Bo ra.

suddenly the bell rang.  "Ha na unni" yelled the little girl.

"YA,I've told you not to called her that" yelled Bo ra from the kitchen.

Yoona struggled to open the door,so jung hwan opened it for her. He came face to face with the woman on the bus. It didn't seem like she had noticed him yet,she was busy doing the weird opening dance with Ha na.so this is who taught that weird thing to yoona,he thought.Her face finally met his. Her eyes widened with shock.

"oh,man on the bus!" she said shocked.

"Aren't you too old to be Yoona's unni?"he asked,while looking at her. She had a pretty face,with beautiful eyes and shoulder length black hair.

"better than her calling me ajumma ,plus I'm only twenty-five,ajusshi" she said smiling.

when she smiled,he could see dimples on her right cheek.It made his heart beat fast.

"wait,ajusshi? Me?are you kidding me?"He said,slightly raising his voice.

"Jung pa,why're you yelling at unni?" asked yoona innocently .

Ha na gave a sly smile ,bent down to yoona's level and said "I know right? he's making your poor unni cry" she said faking a crying face.

"YA, Yoona,who do you believe. This weird ajumma or me ? your best friend?" he asked

Before she could answer,Bo ra called them all into the kitchen to cut the cake.

"why isn't any one else here?" asked Jung hwan.

" Mom and dad are renovating their new house, Dong Ryong had to work. Tek deoksun and sunwoo's parents and planning the wedding" Bora said calmly.

Taek and deoksun's wedding. He was over her,but it still hurt him a little bit. wounds take time to heal,and though his was almost completely healed,it still hurt a bit. He quickly smiled at every one 

Ha na noticed it. That tiny moment when jung hwan's eyes looked sad.Or maybe she had just imagined it.