A Day Together

Next Stop, Marriage

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

“Hey, wake up, sleepyhead.”

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook, are you really not going to wake up?”

Jungkook peeled open his eyes and winced when he felt the pressure on his abdomen. Once his eyes finally adjusted to the blinding sunlight streaming in from his open window, he froze when he saw Haneul sitting on him.

“What are you doing?” he asked, voice still thick with sleep. He was still in a sleepy stupor because otherwise, having her sit on him would have elicited another reaction. Instead, he put an arm over his eyes and continued to sleep.

Haneul chuckled, bending down to give him a kiss on the lips. Still, there was no reaction. She then kissed him on the jaw, the nose, and another kiss on the lips before he finally took his arm off to look at her.

Before he could say anything, she hopped off him and walked to the door.

“Once you wake up and register what just happened, I have breakfast prepared for you in the kitchen.”

Jungkook lay there for a few seconds with his eyes on the ceiling before they widened and he pushed himself up with his elbows.

“Did she just kiss me awake? Babe?!”

He threw the blanket off him and was about to run out after her before he cursed and realized he should probably wash up.

“You better be prepared by the time I get out there, Lee Haneul!” he called from within his room.

From the kitchen, Haneul laughed and finished pouring out another glass of milk for herself.

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Jungkook came into the kitchen a few minutes later with his hair styled off to the side, in a fresh t-shirt and sweatpants. He stopped by the doorway and leaned against it to look at his girlfriend who had her back turned to him.

“You did that on purpose this morning, didn’t you? You knew I was still suffering from jet lag to process anything,” he said accusingly. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He buried his face into her hair and she laughed.

“You’re so mean, sometimes.” He felt her vibrations of laughter again and he began to grin himself, finding himself no longer peeved.

“Sorry,” she apologized, turning around with him hanging onto her as she placed his bowl of noodles onto the table. He blinked in surprise at the meal.

“Wait, isn’t this breakfast?”

She nodded and lightly pulled his arms off her so she could let him sit down. “I figured you’d be extra hungry after sleeping for so long so I made some noodles with some greens and fish cakes.”

He smiled, picking up his chopsticks as he watched her sip her glass of milk.

“You are the world’s most perfect girlfriend, did you know that?”

Haneul looked up from her phone and stuck out her tongue. “Thank you for boosting my non-existent ego.” He rolled his eyes at her answer and chuckled to himself as he ate.

“Are we doing anything today?” Jungkook asked with noodles still hanging out of his mouth. Haneul raised an eyebrow.

“Well, I wanted to show you around my campus. We can grab lunch there and then head out to do something later too. Are you okay with that?”

“I’m okay going anywhere as long as it’s with you.”

“I should’ve known.”

“Then why’d you ask?”

“Just hurry up and eat your noodles, you smart mouth.”

“You know you love me.”

“No, I don’t.”

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Jungkook and Haneul got off the bus together and walked across the street towards her university campus. He looked around in awe and Haneul laughed when she saw his expression.

“Why do you look like a little kid in a candy store?”

“It just feels nice to be back in your home country, okay?”

She smiled and tightened her fingers around his hand. Leading him down the pathway, they arrived at the four buildings that came together to form an empty space of a square in the middle.

“Where are we?”

“The quad where all the arts students hang out. My classes are almost always in these four buildings,” Haneul explained. Jungkook nodded and looked around.

“My buildings are a lot bigger,” he chuckled. She rolled her eyes at his comment. She pointed towards a tall building with nothing but glass windows and they walked together towards it.

“What is this now?” he asked. She grinned from ear to ear. “My music building.”

Grabbing his hand, she led him into the building. Seeing that it was technically summer vacation for most students, aside from the ones on their spring term, there were not that many students inside the building.

She led him towards one of the practice rooms and they closed the door behind him.

“Are you going to play for me?” he asked, sitting down onto the piano bench. Haneul smiled, placing her fingers onto the ivory keys.

“I missed you every time I sat down to practice. It’s almost like a dream that you’re with me right now, beside me,” she confessed. Jungkook softened, wrapping his arm around her waist as she began to play.

He sat there, watching and listening. The way her long fingers glided across the keys never failed to amaze him and the way she could play with eyes closed was a wonder. He smiled, watching the way her body swayed along to the music.

His eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she opened to sing along. He stayed quiet and still, observing the way her lips moved to the words.

She finished the last cadence and turned to him, only to have him pull her into his embrace. He rested his lips against hers and they sat there together.

“What?” she whispered, chuckling. Jungkook smiled against her lips.

“I missed you so much. I missed seeing how beautifully you played and most of all, I just missed being near you.”

She smiled, putting her arms around his neck and kissing him.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to you being this affectionate.”

“Don’t get to used to it.”

“What do you mean?” Jungkook gasped, watching her get up and walk towards the door. She stuck out her tongue, opening the door and leaving him behind.

He stood up to go after her, shaking his head in amusement.

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

“Wow, even your cafeteria is smaller than the ones in America,” Jungkook remarked. Haneul rolled her eyes. “Okay there hotshot, not everything is going to be as glamourous as your world-renowned school, okay?”

“But I like it here,” Jungkook said, hand in hers. She turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

He grinned, ducking down. “Because you’re here.”

Wrinkling her nose, she took her hand out from his and walked without him. Jungkook laughed, running a few steps to catch up with her.

“Come on, I know you missed my cheesy lines. Who else would have made your heart flutter, huh?” Jungkook nudged her sides. Haneul hummed in thought.

“Maybe that guy you met during your dance practice?”

He narrowed his eyes at her. “You mean that Jae-whatever guy? Have you been flirting with him? Has he been flirting with you?!”

She chuckled. “He has a girlfriend, don’t worry. We’re just friends. I’m just teasing you, okay?” She poked him on the cheek.

Jungkook grabbed onto her hand before she could retract it and kissed the back of it. “You better not be cheating on me.” She rolled her eyes. “You were always the more popular one. Shouldn’t I be the jealous one?”

“I’ve never seen you jealous before, though.”

She laughed and dragged him into the line for the food. “You’re right.”

“How hard would it be to make you jealous?” he asked. She shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Or are you just that confident that I won’t cheat?”

“If a girl laid her hands on you, she would not live to see another day.”

Jungkook felt a shiver run through his spine and he gripped onto her hand. “Alright, alright, princess. I got the message.”

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

“Whoa, when did you get your license?” Jungkook asked.

The two of them had returned home after Haneul said she needed to grab something. They were now sitting inside the car her parents had gotten her a few months ago.

“I forgot to tell you,” she said as she started the engine.

“Is it weird that I find it kind of hot that my girlfriend can drive?” Jungkook asked. She rolled her eyes as she drove out of the underground parking lot.

“You’re just weird.”

“Where are we going?” he asked. She turned to him and smiled. “A long drive sounds nice. How long has it been since you went to the beach?”

He blinked. “I haven’t gone since last year. Wait, we’re going to the beach?”

She pointed to the stuff in the back seat.

“Yeah. I made food for dinner too.”

His jaw fell open in surprise. “Wow, you really did plan the whole day. I feel useless as the man in the relationship. Shouldn’t I be the one planning it out?”

She laughed. “It’s okay. Just enjoy this while you can, you dork.” He smiled. “You’re right. I will.”

“Wait, I don’t have swim trunks.”

“I got you a new pair a few days ago, don’t worry.”

“How’d you know my size?” he gasped. “You didn’t go through my underwear drawer while I was gone, did you?

“I called your mom, you idiot.”

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

After an hour of driving, they arrived at the parking lot for the beach. They got out and Jungkook carried the cooler with the drinks while she carried the duffel bag with their towels and swimming clothes.

They went their separate ways as they went into the changing rooms. Jungkook finished changing before Haneul and he stood outside to wait for her.

He had just unlocked the screen on his phone when a shadow blocked the light in front of him and he looked up. His eyes rounded.

“Holy ,” was all he could say.

In the time that he was gone, Haneul had kept up her shape and now that she was in a two-piece swimsuit, he could fully see the toned arms, legs, and the defined lines of her abs.

Before she could say anything, he grabbed her towel to wrap around her shoulder and he made sure it covered as much of her stomach as possible.

“What-”

“I don’t want other guys to stare at your body, okay? Let’s go.”

She chuckled, looking at her hand in his as he led her towards a spot where they could sit down. They found an empty umbrella and set down their towels to sit on.

“Did you put on sunscreen?” Jungkook asked. She nodded.

He pouted. “Aren’t we supposed to put it on each other? That’s why I didn’t put any on yet.”

“You’re such a kid,” she remarked, pulling him down and turning his back towards her so she could apply the sunscreen for him.

“Have you been working out?” she asked, distracted by his broad shoulders. Jungkook smirked.

“Liking what you see?” He winced when she lightly slapped his back.

“Shush, you. You were caught staring too.”

He turned around and pulled her into his arms, causing her to drop the bottle of sunscreen and let out a yelp at the sudden movement.

“How can I not when my girlfriend is so irresistible and perfect?” He ducked down to kiss her on the lips. He breathed in her scent one last time before pulling back to see her flushed face.

He couldn’t tell whether it was from the heat or from him but either way, he was happy.

So freaking happy.

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

They spent their day playing in the water and relaxing with one another on the sand. Once the sun started to fall, they had gone back into the changing rooms for a quick shower and to change back into their regular clothes. They met once they finished and returned back to their umbrella to sit and eat.

“What’d you make?” Jungkook asked as he opened the cooler and peered inside. His eyes widened at the dishes she had prepared.

“When did you have time to make the glass noodles? And the pound cake? And the fruits?”

“This morning when you were in dreamland,” she replied. He chuckled. “I told you, you’re perfect.”

They ate while talking to each other about random topics for a good while.

“How did you deal with the homesick feeling?” she suddenly asked as she popped another piece of watermelon into . Jungkook turned to her.

“It was hard, honestly. I didn’t know anyone and it was hard enough to converse with people in English as it was. It made the situation a bit better when I realized my roommate was Korean.”

She hummed in response.

“But it was lonely,” he confessed, “there was nothing to prepare you for the moment you walked into a lecture hall of 500 people alone.”

She softened and reached out to touch his hand.

“And the fact that everyone already had their own friends and groups, it was even harder for me to make friends.”

“But you did. You made a lot, didn’t you?” she asked. Jungkook shrugged. “I guess. You’re lucky you had Minjung with you.”

“I think no matter where you are, as long as you’re away from home, it’s going to be a hard transition to being on your own. I felt the same way.”

“It’s alright, though. I’ll survive the four years and come back with a degree and find a good job to support our future kids.”

“Kids?” she asked.

“Yeah. You love kids. I love kids. We’ll have our own. I want a girl and a boy.”

She scrunched up her face. “Who said I was going to have kids with you?” He turned to her and laughed. “I mean, we can always adopt.”

“Who said I’d be starting a family with you?”

“Your words may be saying something different but your eyes are giving you away,” he whispered.

 

​🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀​ - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Author's Note: I'm so sorry for the wait. University has taken away most of my free time. And I don't know how else to explain this but it's hard to write about a relationship when your last one fell apart, y'know? So I'm sorry if the fluff isn't up to par but I'm working on it! And another little life update, I've transferred from psychology to an english major soooooo hopefully I'll have more motivation and time to write for you guys. Thanks for sticking with me.

BUT WOW I'M DYING BECAUSE OF BTS' NEW ALBUM. JEON JUNGKOOK NO ONE GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO MESS WITH MY HEART OK? UGH ok bye guys see you soon (hopefully) 

but if y'all wanna talk to me elsewhere (cause I'm horrible at replying on AFF) you can add me on snapchat @ai.loveyou ! byeeeeeeeeeeee


giphy.gif