I Missed You

Next Stop, Marriage


🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

“I’m sorry to break the mood but I don’t want the cake to burn down my new apartment, you know?”

Jungkook stepped back when the lights but still had his arm around Haneul’s waist. The couple stared at Suga who leaned against the doorway with a smirk. He nodded his head towards the cake and pushed himself off the wall to walk over.

“We’ll be eating in the living room if you guys wanted to join later.” Suga reminded with a wink as he walked passed them.

Jungkook turned back to Haneul who still had her eyes following Suga and out to the boys who were chatting to themselves in the living room. He tilted his head to stare at her before she finally turned her head and blinked at him. She tilted her head also, mirroring his movement.

“What are you looking at?” She asked softly. Jungkook’s face softened and another smile came onto his lips. He leaned down to rest his forehead against hers again.

“You.”

She chuckled before pulling away from him. “We should go join them, shouldn’t we?” He pouted almost immediately. “I want to spend time with just the two of us.” Haneul rolled her eyes.

“We have all summer for that, silly.”

“I want it now.”

“We can hang out together tonight. We wouldn’t want their party for you to go to waste, now do we?”

He let out a sigh but followed her out with no further complaints.

“Whoa, look who decided to join us!” V exclaimed as he reached for another brownie. The other boys looked up at the couple who had just walked in. Haneul took a seat beside Suga while Jungkook sat on the other sofa beside Jimin.

Jimin grinned and wrapped his arm around Jungkook’s neck, pulling him down to give him another ruffle. The younger boy groaned and thrashed around while everyone laughed.

“You have to catch us up on everything.” Jin remarked as he leaned forward with interest. The other boys nodded eagerly and looked at Jungkook with expectant eyes.

“Where do I start?”

“Are the girls cuter in America?” Suga grinned, nudging Haneul. Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

“Not even close.”

Haneul let out a snort but she laughed nonetheless. Rap Monster, who was sitting on the other side of Jungkook, chuckled and gave the boy a pat on the back.

“It’s so good to see your face.”

Jungkook grinned. “Thanks for doing all of this.”

Jimin leaned back with his can of soda. “Anytime, kiddo. Speaking of which, who were these new friends of yours?”

“Man, there’s these two guys that remind me so much of you and V. Let me show you pictures.”
 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

“Oh my gosh!” Mrs. Jeon cried as she ran out of the kitchen to hug her son. Jungkook dropped his duffel bag and wrapped his arms around his mother with a wide smile. Junghwa came running over and stuck herself to his legs.

Haneul stood by the door of the apartment and chuckled. “I’m going to put down my stuff. I’ll be back later.” She gave the family a quick wave before closing the door behind her, giving them some privacy.

Mrs. Jeon pulled back and rested her hands on Jungkook’s shoulder so she could get a good look. She tilted his head back and forth. She frowned slightly. “Did you put on sun screen everyday?” She knew the answer when she saw him give her a meek smile and ducked his head away to pick up Junghwa.

“Whoa, you’ve gotten heavier! Why did you eat so much?” He asked playfully, escaping into the living room from his mom who shook her head. Her face melted in fondness when she saw the two of them talking on the couch. She looked over towards the photo of her husband and smiled, knowing he was happy to see Jungkook.

“I missed you so much Kookie oppa.” Junghwa pouted as she squished his face between her hands. With puckered lips, Jungkook bonked his head against hers.

“Yeah, I missed you too, you little squirt. Did you listen to mom everyday?” He asked. Junghwa nodded, throwing her hands up also.

“I did!”

“Didn’t you have a present for me when I got back?” Jungkook chuckled, bringing her back in to make sure she didn’t fall backwards. She nodded and hopped off his lap to run into her room. She came running back out a few seconds later with a painting.

Junghwa smiled and her eyes crinkled up as she held the piece of paper in front of her. “Look! I drew you.” Jungkook took the paper from her hands, and lifted her back onto his lap.

“Is this little one you?” She nodded at the question and pointed to the tall boy standing next to her. “And this is you, oppa.”

“I look cooler than that.” He commented, making her laugh. She turned to him and grinned, showing her missing front teeth.

“You’re home!”

Jungkook smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek before hugging her in his arms.

“Yeah, your brother is home.”

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

“Don’t stay out too late you two. Or at least give us a call, okay?” Haneul’s dad stood by the door. Haneul nodded and held up a thumbs up.

“I’ll be sure she doesn’t do anything dumb.” Jungkook grinned and Haneul’s dad laughed, patting him on the back.

“It’s so good to have you back. Now, go.”

Jungkook nodded, grabbing Haneul’s hand and made their way towards the elevator.

The two of them came out of the apartment building and walked onto the sidewalk. Haneul looked down at the intertwined hands and then looked up at his face. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn’t even notice when they stopped walking.

“Hey,” Jungkook softly called. Haneul snapped out of her daze. “What?” He chuckled, using his free hand to brush away her bangs. “You need to be more discreet if you’re going to admire your boyfriend out in public, you know?”

She stuck out her tongue at him. “Whatever.” She unconsciously began to run her thumb over his knuckles and Jungkook looked down to see what she was doing. He looked back up at her and smiled.

It was as if he never even left. The two of them were still just as close as they were before and he had to admit, he liked this affectionate side of her.

“I thought about you everyday.” Jungkook suddenly said. Haneul turned to him and chuckled. “Yeah? You told me that every time you called me.”

“Some days, I wished you would magically appear beside me so I could just hug you.” He confessed, swinging their hands. Haneul softened as she looked up at him. They neared the playground, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled him down so they were on the same eye level and leaned in to whisper against his lips.

“And I thought about you just as much.”

Without saying anything else, Jungkook pulled her into kiss her on the lips.

After hearing something like that come out of , how could he resist?

Haneul smiled into the kiss and when they pulled away from one another, she still had the smile stuck on her face. Jungkook wrapped his arms tighter around her waist and drew her in. He rocked her from side to side after tucking her head under his chin.

“How did your eight months of university go?” He asked softly. Hanuel hummed, “Nothing too eventful. Exams weren’t as bad as I heard they’d be.”

“Yeah, because you’re a try-hard.” He scoffed. He felt her laughter underneath him and he grinned.

“Hey, can I see your earrings?” She suddenly asked. Jungkook stepped back and blinked at her random question. He laughed.

“What?”

Haneul pointed at his ears. “Your earrings.”

He raised an eyebrow, but did as told and looked to the left so she could see his piercings. Haneul went onto her tiptoes and examined his earrings. She then tilted his head to the other side so she could take another look.

“Here,” She finally said, placing the earrings she got for him into his palm. Jungkook looked down and a boyish grin lit up his face.

“You got me earrings?”

She nodded. “You always wear random ones so I thought it’d be nice if you had some matching ones for once.” He smiled, finding her enthusiasm to be adorable.

“I missed you so much,” He said again. Haneul laughed, “You told me earlier.” He put the earrings into his pocket and pulled her back into her arms. He entangled his fingers into her long hair and stayed there so he could inhale her familiar scent.

“Are you just sniffing my hair?”

“Yeah. It smells nice.”

“You’re weird.”

“Really? I think I’m pretty normal.”

“Yeah, but your definition of normal is weird.”

“I missed our constant bickering.” He pointed out. Haneul smiled.

“Me too.”

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Jungkook woke up the next day to a weight on his chest. He groaned and lifted one eyelid open to see Junghwa grinning up at him with her hair sticking out in every direction. He placed his head back onto the pillow and closed his eyes again.

“Kookie oppa!” Junghwa whined, shaking his shoulders. Jungkook let out a whine of his own, wondering why his sister had to bother him so early in the morning. He was still jet-lagged and all he wanted to do was sleep some more.

“What do you want?” He mumbled, his voice still thick with sleep.

“I’m going with mommy to the restaurant and unnie is here to make you breakfast!” She announced, hopping off the bed.

“Have fun,” He grunted, rolling back onto his side. He must have missed the last part because otherwise, he would have been on his feet to see his girlfriend.

Junghwa blinked, and then shrugged. She walked out of the room and into the kitchen where Haneul was cooking eggs.

“Did he wake up?” Haneul asked, ducking down to ruffle Junghwa’s hair. The little girl pouted. “No, he’s being a lazy worm.” Haneul smiled, brushing Junghwa’s bangs out of the way.

“That’s okay. We can let him sleep some more. Did you pack your backpack?” Junghwa nodded at the question and ran to get her backpack from the couch.

“Let’s put on your shoes together, okay?” Haneul led her towards their shoe box and watched Junghwa carefully put on her velcro sneakers. Mrs. Jeon came out with her purse and smiled when she saw Haneul help her daughter put on her little shoes.

“Thank you, Haneul. You’re always taking care of my two kids.” Haneul shook her head. “You don’t need to thank me. I love seeing this little munchkin.”

“Take care of Jungkook. Make sure he doesn’t sleep in too late.” Mrs. Jeon reminded as she held onto Junghwa’s hand and led her out of the apartment.

“I will, don’t worry.”

“Bye unnie!” Junghwa waved. Haneul chuckled and waved back. “Bye Jungie.”

Haneul closed the door and looked towards Jungkook’s bedroom door. With a mischievous smile, she walked towards his room.

On her way, she grabbed one of Junghwa’s washable markers. She quietly opened the door and snuck inside. Jungkook had his back turned to her and his body moved up and down with his even breaths. She made her way to the other side of the bed so she could see his face.

She crouched down and rested her elbows on his bed so she could get a better look. She hadn’t been able to see him up close for almost a year and now that he was in front of her, she could not explain the amount of happiness she felt.

She noticed that he had tanned after being out in the sun everyday. She remembered all the times he told her that he was going to the beach and she wished so much that she could go with him.

She reached out to touch his ear, where his new earrings were. She smiled, finding that the earrings suited his black hair very well.

She bent over to give him a kiss on the cheek before she pulled out the marker.

“I would say I’m sorry, but I’m really not,” She whispered before she began to draw on his face. She did her best to contain her giggles so she would not wake him up.

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

After letting him sleep in for another two hours, Haneul turned off the TV and went into his room to check up on him again. She walked over to his bed and lightly shook his shoulder.

“Hey, it’s twelve in the afternoon, sleepyhead.” Jungkook shifted but showed no intentions of waking up. She shook him again and before she knew what had happened, he pulled her down on top of him.

She let out a yelp of surprise and stared wide-eyed at him but Jungkook held her tight. “Five more minutes.” Haneul rolled her eyes and pushed up against the bed, trying to get out of his arms.

“Okay, but let me out. I’ll go heat up your breakfast.”

He pouted. “Five more minutes with you.”

She could still hear the deepness in his voice and knew he had not yet woken up. In all honesty, she wanted to just lay here beside him and listen to him talk because she loved hearing his voice in the morning.

Of course, she would never let him know how irresistible he sounded right now.

“Four.” She bargained.

Jungkook groaned, shifting her to the side and opened his eyes to look at her. “Three minutes with you in my arms.”

“Then you’ll go wash up?”

“I promise.”

“Fine,” She chuckled, resting her palm under her cheek to stare at him as he fell back asleep. She watched as his breaths became quieter and evenly.

After some time later, Jungkook finally peeled his eyes open. He realized his right arm was now numb and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion until he saw Haneul asleep with his arm under her head. All the numbness seemed to disappear when he saw her face.

It was like a dream.

He was able to wake up to her face and she was right here beside him within his reach.

Oh, how he wished every morning of his could be like this.

He lightly removed his arm from under her head and slipped the blanket out from under her so that he could place it over her body. Then, he tucked his arm back under her neck and drew her in closer with his other arm resting on top of her waist.

“I wouldn’t mind if those three minutes turned into another thirty.”
 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

Author's Note: Hello hello! Was that enough fluff? hehe Jungkook will be the death of me one day ugh I'M SORRY FOR THE WAIT AH I'M HORRIBLE

Thank you to each one of you who comment, subscribe and upvote! It means a lot being able to see the numbers go up and know that more people are reading the story (:

And to all those brave people out there going through a long distance relationship, don't take mine for an example and be upset! Every relationship is different and of course there's going to be ups and downs. You'll make it through and just know that you're not going through it alone, okay?
IT'S LIKE 1:47AM AND I HAVE WORK TOMORROW LOL SO I'M GONNA GO SLEEP BUT BYE GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER

also also, if you guys want, you can always interact with me elsewhere!

kbye c:

nowait there's more! what's a good ship name for this golden couple? :'D


tumblr_inline_o9minhN17S1u8bitp_500.gif Jungkook says bye too! and thanks you for the upvotes! <3