Welcome Home

Next Stop, Marriage

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Jungkook looked out the window of the car absentmindedly. His facial expression may not have shown it but he was excited that he was going home. He was excited to get on that plane and fly right back to Korea.

He turned to Mingyu who sat beside him with his eyes also out the window. The two of them were feeling the same thing right now, perhaps.

He felt sad that he would be leaving for three months but that feeling was outweighed by the joy he would feel when he saw his familiar friends again. It was bearable throughout the year but now that he was really going home, it felt like it hit him harder than ever.

He would be arriving back home the next day at night. He couldn’t wait to be home to see his mother, his sister and most of all, Haneul. The girl who he had to communicate with through a computer screen for the past eight months.

He smiled to himself when he figured that she would probably cry upon seeing him.

Jungkook took out his phone and changed the song on his playlist before tucking it back into his pocket.

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀


Haneul woke up the next day feeling extremely happy. She practically ran out of her bedroom and into the kitchen. Her mother looked up from the stove with surprise but then her expression change and she smiled at her daughter.

“Jungkook’s coming home today isn’t he?”

Haneul nodded and came up behind her mother to wrap her arms around her waist. She rested her chin onto her shoulder and her mother laughed. “He makes you so happy, look at you.” Haneul hummed and snuggled into her mother’s shoulder.

“Yeah, but you make me happy too.”

“Wow, does the dad not get any love?” Haneul and her mother turned around to see Mr. Lee standing there with a playful expression. Haneul laughed and bounded over to give him a hug too. He chuckled and ran his fingers through her hair.

“We’re all excited he’s coming home. He is coming over for dinner, right?” He asked, looking up at his wife. She nodded as she turned back to her cooking. “Yeah, but he’s heading over to his friend’s place first, if I remember correctly.”

“Yeah, we’re throwing him a surprise party there. I don’t think we’ll be back in time for dinner but we’ll be home before it’s too late. I think we’re eating there too.”

He turned back to Haneul. “So, what are you going to do to kill time before he comes home?” She stayed still in thought for a few seconds before releasing him. “I think I’ll head out and find a small gift for him to go with the present I made for him.”

“Alright lovebird, go.” He lightly pushed her shoulder and Haneul smiled as she ran back into her bedroom.

“Hey! At least eat breakfast first!” She heard her mother yell.

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Jungkook handed the lady his passport and after she checked it and returned it to him, he gave her a smile before walking ahead into the line for inspection. When it came for his turn, he placed his backpack into one of the trays and began taking off all his jewelry and metal. He walked through the detector and sighed in relief when nothing had gone off.

He took his backpack and put his accessories back on before walking towards the waiting area. He looked back and stopped in his steps to wait for Mingyu to catch up. When he did, the two of them headed towards the seats together.

“We’re here so early.” Mingyu yawned as he leaned back into the seat and closed his eyes. Jungkook nodded in agreement. “We wanted the earliest flight back, right?” Mingyu made no attempt to reply and instead, settled down further in the seat and pulled his hat down to cover his face.

Jungkook looked around the almost empty airport. It was only 5am, and the sun had not risen yet either. It was no surprise that there would not be many people here. There was still school and classes for the students in elementary and high school. Only a few universities and colleges let their students out so early.

But hey, Jungkook wasn’t complaining.

He spotted one of the coffee shops that ran all 24 hours and he got up. He shook Mingyu to tell him that he would be leaving for a few minutes and Mingyu assured him that he’d watch his stuff. Jungkook walked towards the shop and looked up at the menu.

“Early flight?” The man guessed. Jungkook looked down and nodded at him. He looked over the menu and the iced coffee piqued his interest. He turned back to him and in perfect English, he gave him his order.

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Haneul walked through the downtown streets with her earbuds in her ear and her bag hanging off her shoulder. She looked around at the many stands but nothing had caught her eye. She passed by a skateboard store that sold both the boards and street-style clothing and did a double-take. She raised an eyebrow and headed in.

Immediately, the cold air conditioning made her shiver but she pulled her cardigan closer over her body and looked around. One of the workers came over and greeted her, asking if she needed any help. With a smile, she shook her head and let her eyes wander up and down the wide array of selections.

She walked towards the back where the body jewelry was located and she looked at the stands. Her eyes landed on some of the ear piercings and she walked over to take a better look. She squinted her eyes when she realized she had forgotten how many piercings he had on each ear. She took out her phone and scrolled through her photos until she found one with his earrings visible. She zoomed in and her eyes rounded.

He had three studs on his right ear and two hoops on his right. How could she have forgotten? The two of them always went to get piercings together but the number of ones he actually got slipped her mind. She mentally let out a chuckle when she remembered how he said that he wanted to look cooler with the piercings.

Although, she would’ve thought he was cool either way.

But she wouldn’t tell him that.

She turned the stand around until her eyes landed on a pack with three different studs. They were all black but one was a spade, a club, and a diamond. She figured it would suit him well and took it off the stand. She then turned it around some more before her eyes landed on some black hoops.

He always wore mismatched earrings. Maybe for once, he could wear some matching colours.

She walked over to the counter to pay and then left the store. She looked down at her phone to check the time and blinked when she saw messages from his friends. The sender was J-Hope.

Hey, you should just come over and hang out with us until we head to the airport

She typed in her reply.

Yeah sure! I’ll be there in half an hour whenever the bus comes

Jin will come pick you up, it’s okay. Where are you?

Downtown. I’ll wait outside the old mall.

Gotcha. He said he’ll be there in 10.

 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

 

Jungkook settled into his plane seat and let out a small sigh. Plane rides were never enjoyable for him and he hated how he had to sit still in that one seat for so long. He put on his seatbelt and made sure he had his backpack with him.

“At least this plane has the screen so we won’t die of complete boredom.” Mingyu pointed out. Jungkook grinned. “That’s true.”

“Man, but airplane food .” Mingyu sighed as he looked down at the menu tucked into the back of the seat. Jungkook leaned over to look at the page too. “Only a few more hours, we can do this.”

They heard the sound of the plane intercom, with the captain telling everyone to put on their seatbelts and tuck away their carry-ons under the seat in front of them. He made sure all his electronics were either turned off or set to airplane mode and then continued to listen to the next instructions.

The two of them did as told and waited as every passenger on the plane watched the safety instructions on the screen in front of them.

As the plane took off, Jungkook turned to look out the window. He had first pick of the seats since he came on first but Mingyu didn’t mind sitting on the aisle seat either. He looked out at the clouds when the plane reached that altitude and he leaned his head back to admire the sunrise.
 

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀
 

Haneul looked up when she heard the honk of a car. Jin waved at her from the driver’s seat and she walked over to get in. She closed the car door and turned back to the front.

“Where are we going?” Haneul asked. Jin turned the wheel when the light turned green. “Yoongi’s apartment. The guys are just playing video games and pigging out.”

“What have you guys got planned?” She asked. Jin stepped on the brake pedal when they reached the stoplights at the intersection.

“For once, it’s just going to be a happy surprise party. We pre-ordered the new game he wanted and got him some food.”

Haneul chuckled. “Well, looks like he’s not leaving the house for a few days then. He’s just going to sit there and play his video games all day.” Jin laughed. “True.”

He pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex and the two of them got out of the car and headed towards the elevator. Once they made it to Suga’s apartment door, Jin rang the doorbell.

“Hey, hey, we were just blowing up some balloons.” Jimin grinned. J-Hope let out a whistle. “Look at you, all dolled up for our Jungkook.” Haneul smiled. “I guess so.”

Jin raised an eyebrow as he walked inside with Haneul behind him and stared at the decorations. “What are you, five years old?”

“This balloon package says ages 3+, okay?” V rolled his eyes as he reached over to blow another one. Haneul smiled as she looked around the apartment. She spotted Suga off to the side and walked over to chat with him.

“You’re okay with them decorating your apartment?” Suga shrugged at the question. “I told them that they’re going to be the ones cleaning it up.”

“And by that he means, we will all help clean up, right?” V grinned. Suga shot him a glare and V let out a yelp before turning back to preparing the decorations. Haneul chuckled at their interaction.

“So, how was it? Eight months without him bothering you everyday?” Suga asked as he handed her a glass of water. She thanked him quickly and took ahold of the cup as they walked into the kitchen.

Haneul sat down and looked out at the boys throwing the decorations on each other. “It was hard. I didn’t think it’d feel so bad some days, you know?” Suga softened as he tilted his head to look at her.

“You two are strong, though.”

“I’m just going to stay in here with the only civilized people I know.” Rap Monster announced as he grabbed a chair and sat down. Suga looked at him. “Gave up trying to keep them in control?”

“Yeah, I’ll let J-Hope and Jin figure that out.” He turned to Haneul and offered a smile. “How have you been? Did your first year go alright?”

The three of them fell into conversation for the next 30 minutes as the guys outside continued to bicker and play around.

“I swear to god, Taehyung, if you pop my balloon-” Jimin stared down at the balloon that was now in two separate pieces on the floor and he let out a low growl before tackling V down.

“Whoa, whoa.” J-Hope came in between them and hauled Jimin off as Jin pulled V back.

Jin shook his head with a sigh and handed Jimin another balloon. “Is there a day when you guys don’t bicker with each other? It’s like you’re secretly in love with one another.”

“That’s gross, don’t even joke about that.” V said as he showed his disgust. Jimin stuck out his tongue. “Yeah? I don’t like it very much either. You stay over there and blow up your own god damn balloons, you jerk.”

“Balloons aren’t even my job.” V retorted as he picked up the streamers and banners.

J-Hope and Jin watched the two of them from the side of the room and sighed. Jin looked at the two of them still silently glaring at each other. “Is this what being a parent feels like?”

“If it is, I don’t want kids.” J-Hope commented.

“Change of plans, who wants to give Jungkook a heart attack today?” Suga smirked as he walked out with Rap Monster and Haneul. The four guys in the living room looked up.

“Did you even have to ask that? Of course we do.” V grinned.

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

Jungkook groaned when he felt someone shaking him awake from his sleep. He pulled the hoodie off his eyes and looked up at Mingyu who had a wide grin on his face.


“We landed.”

At that, Jungkook brightened up. He straightened up and got out of his seat to grab his carry-on as the two of them waited patiently for the passengers in the front rows to get off first.

“I can’t wait to see everyone.” Mingyu said with a wide smile. He turned to Jungkook. “It looks like this will be where we split for a few months, right?”

“I mean, we can hang out together. We’ll probably see each other at some dance workshops.”

Mingyu nodded. “That’s true. I’m heading out towards the parking lot after I grab my bags. How about you?” Jungkook looked around. “I don’t know. Nobody’s texted me anything yet.”

The two of them waited at the rotating belt and grabbed two suitcases each when they saw theirs go by. They rolled it across the floors and headed towards their destination. Mingyu looked back when he saw the sign for the parking lot. He turned and held out a hand. Jungkook let go of his suitcase to grab onto it and Mingyu pulled him in for a brief hug and a pat on the back.

“See you in three months.” Mingyu said as he pulled back. Jungkook grinned and waved at him as he went down the escalator. He turned back when Mingyu disappeared out of sight and took out his phone.

I think we’re at terminal 3
Sent from Hoseok Jung

Or maybe we just ditched u and never came to pick u up
Sent from Taehyung Kim

Yeah, we’re at terminal 3
Sent from Jimin Park

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the messages and walked out. He blinked when he realized he still had yet to receive any texts from Haneul. He took out his phone again as he got off the escalator to check if he had skipped over any messages.

No messages in his inbox.

He frowned and was about to send her a text asking if she was able to make it when he neared another escalator. He put his phone back into his pocket instead and sighed as he slowly waited to reach the main building level.

Was she not here?

She did say that she would be here to pick him up with his friends. Maybe she just didn’t send him a message and wanted to surprise him in the car.

As he neared the outside, he could see the moonlight stream through the giant windows. He waited for the automatic doors to open and he stepped outside with his two suitcases and his one backpack over his shoulders.

He walked out and looked around at the busy drop-off and loading zones. He looked around until he saw the sign for Terminal 3 and headed towards it. He spotted a familiar van and walked to it. He knocked on the window and immediately, V jumped out and crushed him in a hug.

“Ow, ow, let go.” Jungkook winced. V ignored him and instead, continued to crush him in a hug. J-Hope and Jimin got out of the car and laughed.

“He just missed you a lot, buddy.” J-Hope commented. Jungkook pulled away from V and turned to look at the three of them. He felt all the emotions at once.

“I missed you guys so much,” He whispered struggling hard not to get his eyes all teary. V, Jimin and J-Hope looked at each other and grinned.

“Aw, Kookie.” Jimin laughed as he came over with J-Hope and gave him another hug.

“We missed you too. Welcome home.”

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

“Wait, where are the three hyungs? And did Haneul say she was coming?” Jungkook suddenly asked as the car made it onto the highway.

“The three of them were busy tonight. And we haven’t heard from Haneul at all today.” J-Hope looked up at the mirror to glance at Jungkook’s expression. He almost burst out laughing at how confused he looked.

“Wait, but they said they called off work and she said she would be here.”

“Did they say that? That’s not what they told me.” V blinked from the back seat where he sat near Jungkook. The younger boy turned to him and blinked.

“What?”

“Hey, at least you have us here, right? Isn’t that good enough?” Jimin asked. Jungkook resisted the urge to jut out his lips into a pout and stared out the window.

“Yeah.”

“I actually heard that Haneul was out with her friends from her school today. She mentioned something about a party.” V added in. Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “She’d rather be at another party than welcome me home?”

“Didn’t she say that she’d be there by the time we got home?” V asked, tapping Jimin on the shoulder. The other boy nodded convincingly.

“She did. Maybe she’ll be there when you get back home, Jungkook. Don’t worry so much.”

Jimin turned to J-Hope and shot him a knowing look. They looked into the mirror and saw V grinning back with a thumbs held up. Jimin took out his phone and sent a quick message to the others waiting at home.

I think he took the bait
Sent from Jimin Park

But he doesn’t seem as sad as he should be… maybe he figured something out?
Sent from Jimin Park

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

Jungkook got out of the car and looked around the parking lot. “Wait, where are we?” V turned back to him as he led the way, “We’re hanging out here for a bit before you return home, aren’t we?”

Jungkook frowned as he looked at the unfamiliar place. “Yeah, but that didn’t answer the question.” Jimin threw an arm over his shoulder. “You’re worrying too much.”

“We still prepared some food for you. It’s okay, it’ll just be us four hanging out tonight.” V shrugged.

The four of them got into the elevator and Jungkook’s eyes rounded at the pristine interior.

“I’m so confused right now.” He whispered once the elevator opened up. J-Hope led them down the hallways until they arrived at the apartment door. He took out a set of keys and opened the door. Jungkook continued to watch him with wide eyes.

“Wait, hyung, is this your-” He stopped talking when suddenly, confetti was thrown at his face and he felt the wetness of silly string all over him.

“Welcome home, Jungkook!” Jin shouted as Suga and Rap Monster continued to shower him with confetti. Jungkook’s jaw dropped and he stared at them. Before he could say anything about the three lying to him, the three older guys came over and crushed him in a hug and messed up his hair even more.

“You thought we really ditched you? On a day like this, huh?” Suga grinned as he saw Jungkook’s face. Jin pretended to look hurt as he feigned a shocked expression. “I can’t believe you thought so lowly of us.”

Jungkook finally began to smile as he picked the confetti and string out of his hair. He looked around the apartment and his smile grew even bigger when he saw the banners and balloons.

“What, is this a party for a five year old?” He finally asked. He laughed when the guys tackled him into another hug.

“We missed your sarcastic remarks.” Rap Monster pointed out. “Look at you, you’ve become tanned.”

“Too much sun in America?” Jin laughed. “You have so much to tell us!” Jimin exclaimed as he pulled the boy into the living room and sat him down.

“Wait, so is this really Hoseok hyung’s apartment?” Jungkook questioned. Suga scoffed. “No way, this is my place. He won’t be able to afford this yet.”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and turned to J-Hope. “I knew something was weird.”

They fell into chatter for a few minutes until Suga looked up. He turned to Jungkook.

“Hey, since you’re back now, you’re the youngest again. Can you grab the drinks from the fridge for us?”

Jungkook sat there in silence for a few seconds. “Really? I just got back.” He was about to say more when Suga shot him another look. With a sigh, he got up.

“You guys , sometimes, did you know?” He grumbled.

V laughed. “We love you, Kookie!”  

Jungkook shook his head and headed into the kitchen. He looked around at the cleanliness and blinked. He opened up the fridge and saw the 6-pack of pop that was there and reached in for it.

He suddenly remembered again that Haneul was not here. He frowned and straightened up, reaching for his phone. He placed the soda onto the tabletop and leaned against the counter.

There was no way she was really not going to see him today.

Just as he his phone, the lights went out in the kitchen and his eyes rounded. He turned around when he realized it fell extremely silent in the living room. A quick second of panic ran through him as he took a step forward and was going to check if a blackout had happened until he heard a familiar voice from the doorway to the right. He turned his head and his entire body froze in his spot.

If he hadn’t placed his phone down onto the table, he would’ve dropped it by now.

There she was, standing with a small cake lit with candles, singing the same song he heard her sing a few days ago over the phone. Even with the low source of light, he could see all her facial features.

She looked even prettier.

It was so different seeing her in real life compared to what he had to see through his phone and computer for the past year.

She was wearing a dress, something she didn’t wear often and had her hair curled into beautiful waves. In short, she looked breathtaking. She must’ve dressed up just for him today.

Her voice was incomparable to what he had to hear through headphones everyday and now here she was, standing right there, a few steps away from him.

He stood there, staring at her as she sang. He watched as she her lips moved with each word and how a smile made its way to her lips as she finished. She set the cake onto the counter and then turned back to him.

No words could even begin to explain how surreal it felt to see her right in front of him. The amount of time he spent laying in his bed and wishing she could be there with him was countless. He wished to see her everyday and longed to be near her again and now here she was, singing for him like an angel.

Without another second to waste, he moved in front of her and lifted her up and off the ground. Haneul let out a small laugh as he whirled her around. Even her simple laugh sounded melodious to his ears. He buried his face into her neck and he realized she also put on perfume for him today.

“Lee Haneul,” He breathed out. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her eye level. Even in the dimly lit darkness, he could see her playful eyes.

“Yes, Jeon Jungkook?”

He let out a laugh, mixed with happiness and disbelief and bent down. With one hand on her waist to pull her in closer, he used his other hand to lift her chin up so he could kiss her. He felt her lean in towards him and stepped forward onto her tiptoes and he smiled into the kiss. He pulled her in closer and tilted his head.

He pulled back after, slightly breathless and leaned his forehead against hers. “I missed you so goddamn much.”

“I did too,” She whispered. She smiled up at him, and her eyes disappeared into crescent moons. She reached her hand up and brushed his bangs away from his eyes before she gave him another peck on the lips.

“Welcome home, Jungkook.”

They didn’t even notice the candles melting away onto the cake.

🎀 - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀  - - - 🎀 - - - 🎀

Author's Note: YO THIS CHAPTER WAS LIKE 4000 WORDS OMG IT'S LIKE DOUBLE EVERY OTHER ONE BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE HE'S HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tumblr_np5c7sn6Ut1sz0j5io2_250.gif When he realized he got tricked
BTS-Jungkookie-gif-jungkook-bts-39312699 When he sees the surprise party for him 
tumblr_inline_o10wb1ojr31sqs4l8_500.gif When he finally sees Haneul again
ok bye hehehehehe it's like 2:35am and ALL THESE JUNGKOOK FEELS SOMEONE HELP i still have school at 8am tomorrow omg im gonna die rip I'll reply to everyone's comments from the last chapter and this new one by the end of this week- I promise!

All of your comments give me strength each day so thank you! I hope this chapter made you guys smile :)