Past

I won't give up

 

-5 years ago-

“You… You wanted to talk to to me…?” The black-haired asked unsure of himself. It wasn't normal for Jaehwan to call him out like that. Most of the time he just appeared in the elders sight and made his life a living hell. Jaehwan didn't know why he even followed his request but it couldn't bother him less.

“Yeah.” He began while trying to look as honest as possible. “Look I know that I've did some mean things to you in the past years and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry.” The surprise on the others face wasn't hard to miss. “I just did it because I was unsure of my feelings for you. You know how others could react if they found out you are gay and I just was terrified at the thought. I tried to convince myself that I haven't had this odd feelings for you by hurting you. But I can't go on like this and it doesn't matter to me anymore, what the others will think. 
I like you.
More than like even.”

To make the show realistic he then leaned up to the black-haired and pressed his lips to him. Taekwoon visibly tensed and it took some while for him to break out of his shock state, but he eventually closed his eyes and returned the kiss shyly. Jaehwan couldn't denie that the feel was actually really nice. Taekwoons lips were soft on his and for a short moment he lost himself but then it shoot through him that his friends were still there and instantly pulled away.

“Ha See! I've told you he was gay!” the brown-haired shouted as one by one his friends came out of their hiding spots, laughing at the confused Taekwoon.
“For one moment I really thought you meant what you did,” one of them said while patting Jaehwans shoulder “I can't believe we have such a disgrace on our school.”
“Hey everyone: Taekwoon here is gay!” another shouted effectively catching the attention of the others. The students erupted in whispers, giggles and disgusted stares were sent Taekwoons way. The elder couldn't believe what just happened and was at the brink of tears. Jaehwan took a short look at him, as the others made fun of Taekwoon, and made contact with his eyes. That was the moment Jaehwan realized what an he was. The black-haired had the most saddest, hurt and painful look Jaehwan had ever seen.

Regret burned up Jaehwans body and never in his life had he felt so bad, while he watched Taekwoon running away. At that moment Jaehwan knew, that he overstepped a border and was probably the worst human being on this world. His friends made nasty remarks about Taekwoon and praised Jaehwan for his brilliant idea, but Jaehwan on the other hand couldn't say a word anymore. His throat was dry while the regret settled itself deep down in Jaehwans heart. It wasn't funny anymore. It wasn't one of the insults he threw at Taekwoon at a daily basis and it wasn't one of their seemingly harmless pranks they've pulled on Taekwoon.
No.
This time he seriously hurt someone and the cold realization hit him like a truck.
 

That night the brown-haired didn't get to sleep. His mind constantly showed him the pictures of Taekwoons broken look, while it was screaming at him how terrible he was to the elder. He cried at least five times that night. The guilt was eating him up bit by bit and by the time the sun started to rise it had consumed him completely and he only felt disgusted by himself.


So that nobody would notice his puffy, red eyes he wore sunglasses to school. It was his luck that the sun stood really high up without a single cloud covering it that day. He was greeted by his friends like usual and acted as if nothing was wrong, while the guilt and regret still screamed from within him. His group of friends hung out until it was time to go to class.

His nerves were on fire as he finally stood before the classroom door. He didn't know how he should face Taekwoon. It wasn't like he could just casually stride over and again begin apologizing. Not now at least and not while his friends could see him.
“What are you waiting for, Jaehwan? Come on let's go in,” one of his friends said pulling him out of his thoughts and with a shuddering sigh he followed the others.
 

The classroom was, as usual, very lively with everyone talking wild about different things. Jaehwan threw a short glance around the room and noticed a free space. One half of the table on the back next to the window was kept free. In other words; Taekwoon wasn't there. Well, it didn't really surprise Jaehwan after what happened yesterday. If it was him, he probably wouldn't come to school for the next month or so.

He went to his place in the middle and took out his school material, as he felt a piercing gaze stabbing his back. Jaehwan kind of knew to whom the stare belonged, but nevertheless turned around.
As he predicted, the piercing gaze belonged to Hakyeon, who sat on the spot next to Taekwoons.
His eyes literally burned with anger and one could probably see his hatred for Jaehwan in a hundred meter radius. He threw a piece of paper in Jaehwans direction, which the latter caught successfully. Jaehwan turned back, facing the front, as he slowly opened the paper.

Break.
Roof top.
Alone.

Jaehwan swallowed nervously after reading the few words written on the page, turned back to Hakyeon and nodded. If he destroyed Taekwoons life he has to at least stand up for it, Jaehwan thought as the teacher entered the classroom, calling for the students attention.


Once the break rolled up Jaehwan didn't lose any time, getting on the roof top. The earlier he's there the faster it would be over and done with, was his motivation while climbing up the stairs. But with every step he came near the roof it seemed as if his feet got heavier and his body began shaking. He felt anxious. The first time since years, that he feels anxious. He dreaded the inevitable meeting with Hakyeon, because he knew how good of a friend he was to Taekwoon. Jaehwan knew, that he wouldn't go easy on him and he had decided to take everything in, because he didn't deserve other.

The heavy metal door opened with a loud screeching sound, announcing his arrival. Hakyeon was already there, standing on the edge, while looking down on the other students.
There wouldn't be a return now. Jaehwan had to get through it.

Hakyeon turned around as the door fell shut and directly looked into Jaehwans eyes, making the younger flinch visible. Jaehwan didn't dare to move and therefore just stood on the spot, while Hakyeon slowly came near him.

The elder stopped two steps away from him and for some moments just stared at Jaehwan. The latter was sure, that he had never dreaded a moment in his live as much as right now. The brown-haired eyes were cold and, just like back in the classroom, pierced themselves into Jaehwans soul. The next thing he noticed was the fist connecting with his face and the pain shooting through his body, before he stumbled backwards and landed on the ground.

“Are you happy now?! Are you happy with what you did?! Are you happy that Taekwoon is hurting because of you?!
As if he wasn't hurting enough already you actually made everything worse! Not only did you out him unwillingly you also played with his feelings!”
“...What?”
“Yeah you've heard right! I still don't know why, but for some reasons Taekwoon had some little feelings for you. Even thought you made fun of him, played pranks on him and insulted him, he still had feelings for you! They weren't really big, but they were there and you kept his hopes up just to crash them in the next moment for your fun! Taekwoon cried the whole day and night just because of you! You'd deserve so much more than just that punch but it's your luck that Taekwoon pleaded me to not do anything serious.” The brown-haired stepped by a totally perplexed Jaehwan and made his way to the door. He opened it, but turned around before he left and spoke in a warning tone, “I don't know when Taekwoon will come back to school but I swear to every god out there that if you come anywhere near him or just think of hurting him in any possible way I'm so gonna kill you, you stupid punk!”

And with a loud thud the door was shut, leaving behind a shocked and frightened Jaehwan, who couldn't believe what just happened.
 

-The present days-
 

“Wow… Taekwoon Hyung really had feelings for you??” Hyuk asked unbelievingly and maybe just a little bit envious.
“Don't worry, Hyukie. Later on I learned that his feelings were just his imagination, because he loved Hakyeon Hyung and didn't want to accept it, because it could've ruined their friendship.”
“Okay… And what happened after that??”

“I gave them space for a few weeks to sort out my thoughts and also because they had to deal with the aftermath I had left behind. It wasn't really a problem of time. At least not if it went by Hakyeon. He protected Taekwoon all time and never left his side. So every time someone insulted Taekwoon or made fun of him, Hakyeon would protect him. You know our sassy Hakyeon and he wasn't any other back then.

I for my part found out that I probably was gay too. After the thing with Taekwoon I viewed the guys on our school in another light. I got many confessions from girls, but they didn't interest me anymore. While the others from my group talked about which girl they haven't slept with already I could only think about which of our male students was the hottest.

I soon couldn't stand hanging out with my 'friends' and distanced myself. One day, as I saw them making fun of Taekwoon again, while Hakyeon wasn't there I took his place and protected him. I've told them to shut the up because they didn't know . Just like me. They thought I was being funny until I told them that I, too, was gay and that they should just get lost.
They were shocked of course and the news spread fast, so the day after I already was an outcast. But you know, I was happy with it.”

“Okay, I get that, but how did it happen that you, and the two Hyungs became friends?? As far as I can remember you said Hakyeon Hyung would kill you if you came near them.”
The elder chuckled. This time a more happy laugh.
“Even thought Hyung threatened me back then, he still was the happy go lucky guy who couldn't actually hurt a fly and had a heart so big that it would probably be enough for two. So after I outed myself I firstly apologized to Taekwoon. That day we talked really long together because Hakyeon was ill and therefore Taekwoon would've been alone the whole day. I didn't thought that Taekwoon would forgive me so easily, but he did. Hakyeon thought was a biger problem. It took a lot of apologizing -I even went as far as kneeling before him- even more convincing on Taekwoons behalf and a big amount of banana milk until he finally accepted my apology.”
“Wow… I would've never thought you three had such a terrible past.”

Jaehwan slung an arm around the still flabbergasted Hyuks waist to pull him closer and pressed a kiss to his temple. “But if it wasn't for that I probably would've never accept myself and would've never found the love of my life.”
The younger was brought back from his thoughts at this comment and a slight blush spread across his features.
“You're sappy as , you know that??”
“I love you too my princess.” 


Hey Hey^^ 

Like I promised: The next chapter!! ^-^
I hope you liked it and thank you very much for your lovely comments *^* 
See you next week ;) 

MegaLia <3