Page 3

Kim Jongin, My Boyfriend...or Not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Page 3 Narrator's POV   7 years ago   "Oppa! Will you marry me in the future?" 10 year old Haemin clasped her hands together and looked at Baekhyun with those big eyes of hers, hopeful that he would say yes.   "Haemin-ah... I'm sorry but I don't like you that way." Baekhyun backed away from her.    The latter's eyes widened as tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to fall. *Did oppa just reject me...?* "Oppa, why?" She wanted to know why Baekhyun acted this way.    "I just see you as a dongsaeng...I don't love you... I'm sorry, Haemin-ah..." With that, Baekhyun was gone from her sight.    Haemin had just came back to Korea 2 months ago, when her adoptive father brought her whole family over while he was on a business trip. Although she was born in Korea, her biological parents abandoned her in China, which was where she was able to meet the two people who saved her, her adoptive father and mother.    They brought Haemin up the 'right' way, teaching her the rights and wrongs with patience, wanting her to grow up with the 'right' values and morals.    She could still remember, when she were 5, she threatened to break her mother's favourite vase when the said one didn't allow Haemin to go to a park on a rainy day. She had always loved the rain and didn't quite get why people didn't like going out when it was raining outside.    "Haemin-ah, look at umma." Haemin's mother placed her hand below the said one's chin and pushed her face upwards so she were looking at her mother. "My baby girl... What you're doing isn't right, you know that? Just because you feel hurt, it doesn't give you the right to hurt others. If you do that, others will take the opportunity to hurt more people, and might even hurt you too! What will appa and umma do when our precious little girl is hurt?" Her mother smiled and she recognized that smile as one that she gave whenever she wanted to lecture her but couldn't really have the heart to do so.    Haemin lowered her head again in shame and apologised for her actions. She knew her family doted on her the most and she hated letting them down or making them sad because of her.    This was the culture in her family, everyone rarely raised their voice to quarrel with one another, peace was achieved through reasoning.    After what happened with Baekhyun, she ran back home and told Luhan the whole story. He, who was only one year older than Haemin, was the wisest boy she knew, or so she felt. She always went to the latter with her problems, hoping that he'd have solutions ready for her. She grew really dependent on him throughout the years.    "Lu!!! Now what will I do? Baekhyun oppa said he doesn't love me!!! Now no one will..." She bit her lip and lowered her head.    "Yah Kang Haemin, what's so great about that Byun Baekhyun anyways? Why are you always talking about him? You wanna marry him? You've only known him for less than 2 months!" Luhan raised his eyebrow and questioned.   "But I know it! Whenever I see him, my heart beats extra fast, I feel like my whole body is going to catch fire with all the heat, I'm going crazy!" Haemin sulked. "
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter