Page 1

Kim Jongin, My Boyfriend...or Not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 1

Narrator’s POV

A girl walked along the hallways of her school. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun, with some loose strands of hair falling to the side of her face, shaping it well. Her shoes were torn at the sides, and looked a little too big for her. Her backpack… don’t even mention it… It looked like it was about to fall apart anytime soon.

“Yah, look at her… How dare she have the cheek to enroll here?” One student side-eyed the girl.

“I know right? Just look at her shoes…and that hairstyle?! Ugh, she really is ruining the classy atmosphere here.” Another rolled her eyes and scoffed at the sight of the girl that the student body treated like trash. 

And the girl…

Was none other than Kang Haemin. 

Haemin’s POV

As usual, I ignored the passing comments of my schoolmates. I knew better than to talk back against them, and truthfully, I couldn’t care less what they thought about me. I was just here to finish my last years in high school, and then I would leave this hellhole and enroll in a university and start anew. 

I regretted agreeing to enroll here, I didn’t want to have to socialise with the upper-class people, and join them in mocking students that they thought were beneath them. It was just plain wrong to do so. 

Luckily for me, I had a really smart right-hand man, Luhan, whom I trusted more than anyone in this whole world, sometimes including my 3 adoptive brothers, Kris, Lay and Tao. Luhan suggested, to my brothers’ dismay, that I should just ‘pretend’ that I wasn’t actually rich, and just act invisible in school, avoid all drama, and successfully graduate as soon as possible. 

Hearing all the stories about what happens to the poor in Seoul Arts High, my brothers were worried, but still allowed me to continue the facade as they always gave in to the look on my face whenever I pleaded with them. 

I dragged my feet towards my locker and struggled with the lock as usual. It had only been a few days since I enrolled in this school, and the Korean school system was still messing with my head.    A weird smell engulfed the entire hallway as soon as I unlocked my locker. *Oh crap. I forgot my salad from yesterday!* 

I looked around a saw some students pinching their noses and threw disgusted looks in my way. I grabbed my expired lunchbox and walked towards the dustbin with my head down. *Ugh just please go on with your lives and ignore me.* I mentally prayed, I hated all these attention on me.

“Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo… Look what we have here? Beggar-girl at it again? How many times do you want to embarrass yourself like this in front of the whole school, Kang Haemin?” Someone sneered. 

I could recognise that voice from anywhere. *Ugh.* I mentally cursed. “Just leave me alone.” I mumbled, half hoping she would hear me and just leave, half hoping that she didn’t as I was sure she would make a huge fuss again. 

“What? What did you just say? Say it louder, Beggar-girl, so everyone can hear what you, a beggar girl just said to me, the daughter of the director of this school. Go on, say it!” Kim Sojin, one of the school’s wealthiest student challenged. 

I bowed slightly and turned, ready to run away from this situation that could lead to pote

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter