Page 14

Kim Jongin, My Boyfriend...or Not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 14

As the large doors swung open, Haemin found herself to be holding her breath. She walked slowly across the foyer, trying to hide her limp. She saw Luhan waiting for her at the end of the hallway. She saw his frown turn into something much more relaxed, but it wasn’t a smile yet. He motioned her towards the living room, but the closer Haemin walked towards him, the more his expression darkened. 

 

“What happened?” Luhan mouthed, gesturing towards her wounds. Haemin just shook her head and looked down. She made her way towards the sofas facing the huge television that hung on the wall.  She sat down beside Kris, who didn’t move an inch since she arrived. Haemin fiddled her thumbs nervously, she wanted to break the silence but she didn’t know what to say. Haemin side-eyed Kris for any movement, but he just sat there, like a sculpture glued to the sofa. 

 

Unable to stand the silent and awkward atmosphere anymore, Haemin sighed and turned to face Kris. “Da Ge…I’m home…” She still avoided his eyes as her lips trembled while she squeaked the few words to reassure her brother that she was fine. 

 

No reply. Kris continued looking forward, Haemin couldn’t decipher what his expression meant. “Da Ge…”   She slowly placed her hand on his arm and gave it a light squeeze. 

 

Still no reply. “Will you talk to me? Stop being like this…” She shook his arm harder this time. Kris finally gave up and turned to face her, but as he opened his mouth to speak, a loud voice boomed through the whole living room. “Kang Haemin! Get over here right now! This instance! Now! Right! Now!” Haemin winced as she recognised the voice instantly, she fiddled her thumbs even faster and looked down at them. 

 

“Aren’t you coming? What are you waiting for?” Her father shouted again and jabbed his finger furiously towards the floor. “Yifan, get your sister here.”  Her father sounded breathless but with every tiny breath he let out, he seemed to sound angrier. Kris pushed Haemin to urge her to get in front of their father. The marble floors felt colder than usual as Haemin took dreadful steps towards her father. 

 

“Appa…I’m fine. R-Really. I’m f-fine.” She managed to stutter. Her father was about to speak again but when he saw the wounds on her knees, worry took over the anger he felt. “Yah, where did you get those wounds? What happened? Is it the girls in your school again? Tell me!” Haemin’s heart clenched tightly as she saw the look etched on her father’s face. “A-Aniya, it’s okay, I’m fine.” Haemin grabbed her father’s hands and smiled lightly, assuring him that she wasn’t as hurt as he thought. “That’s it. That’s the last straw. Yifan, you’re going to her school tomorrow, I don’t care what position you take up in the school, but make sure you take your brothers with you and go to your sister’s school. I told you, right? One more strike and the school is out.”

 

This time, Haemin’s fingers jumped rhythmically, as if in spasm. All the possible scenarios played through her mind. Everyone was going to find out who she really was, and she wasn’t prepared for that. At all. One person she didn’t want her secret revealed to the most was Kai, she didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter