Kindling Fires, Wild Smokes

Entwined in Spices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG'S POV

 

Of course, I had been in Dara’s flat before for rehearsals and dinner parties, but never have I seen it in such a mess. There were glasses everywhere with lime juice in them, shoes and bags scattered all over.

“So where is she?” I demanded.

“In the bedroom,” Dara replied.

I raised an eyebrow. “And you trust me enough to be with her in the bedroom? Alone?”

“ARE YOUUUUU MAAAAAAAAADDDDD?” came a shrieking voice.

Covering my ears, I turned towards the direction of the voice and I had to hold onto a chair to stop myself from staggering at the vision that stood in front of me.

Her friend stood, wildly waving one of those infamous boots, her hair equally wild and black mascara streaking down her face. She was an absolute vision of fury.

Seunghyun hyung came up behind me with a sharp intake of breath. “Oh no, not you..” he drawled.

Her friend suddenly sobered up in a stance which looked very much like a military position. I mentally made a note of this. It could come handy in future delicate situations. My inner cupid did a happy-skip dance. There is nothing more entertaining than watching Hyung deal with girls.

“I meant that it is not very appropriate for a guy to go alone into a girl’s bedroom,” the heel girl stuttered out.

I raised my eyebrow in amusement. Aaah there, another girl falling prey to the Tabi effect!

I could feel hyung rolling his eyes next to me.

Taking a further military stance by standing with her arms crossed over her chest, the heel girl said, “Someone needs to chaperone them. I won’t let him be alone with Ki.”

“What? Are you from the Victorian era? You don’t trust your friend?” Hyung said, making his voice go deeper. Whoa, the Tabi effect was out at full force! No one withstands that deep voice!

“It’s your friend whom I don’t trust,” the other party replied.

“OHMYGOD CAN YOU GUYS STOP? Jiyong, just go into the bedroom and apologize to Kiara RIGHT NOW!” Bom thundered.

“Hey! Why are you screaming at Jiyong? It’s her fault that he hasn’t been able to apologize to your friend,” hyung replied, pointing towards Kiara’s friend. I nodded my head vehemently.

Kiara.

It sounded like spices -alluring and tantalizing.
 

Kiara.

“Fine! How about we leave the door open but give them some privacy,” Bom replied, looking towards Kiara’s friend. She nodded hesitantly, and said, “But don’t even think of touching her. Apologize and get out of the room.” I nodded tersely and followed Bom into the bedroom, but Kiara was nowhere to be found.

Until my eyes landed on a bundle of blankets on the bed, which suspiciously looked like a human being.

 

 KIARA'S POV 

 

I heard him coming into the room. I could feel his eyes on me. I quivered more, if that was possible. I didn’t want to face him, not after the debacle the night before. I had heard the altercation between Aria and T.O.P, and had hoped that Aria would avoid a direct confrontation between G freaking Dragon and me but all my hopes were dashed because of Bom. And now he was in the same room as me...the same bedroom...I pulled the blankets tighter over me but I felt them slide off me at one go. I sat up upright at once.

 

And as my luck would have been, my eyes met his.

I couldn’t break the eye contact. We kept staring at each other for what seemed like minutes.

“Okay, so I’m going to give you guys some space. Make up wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter