Stolen Moments, Precious Escapades

Entwined in Spices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s POV

 

I had no idea what we were doing here, and I could see people throwing us suspicious looks. Of course...five guys wearing caps, sunglasses and half-masks and lurking about would look nothing but suspicious. Rather than making us inconspicuous, we were drawing attention.

 

“Maknae,” I hissed to Seungri. “You’re going to get us into trouble. This was too big a risk to take. And we’re here without manager-hyungs and bodyguards. If they discover who we are, then we’re dead meat.”

 

“Oh hyung! You worry about nothing. Looook let’s ride the Twist!!!” Seungri squealed.
 

He actually squealed. I no longer had the heart to rebuke him. It had been so long since I had seen the members be so excited; even Seunghyun hyung was bouncing on his feet. The exhilaration at having escaped our celebrity lives - even for a day - was palpable. We used to do this quite often during the trainee days - just escape all the pressure and the madness for a while and live our childhood. Did we even have a childhood? Perhaps, in stolen moments and borrowed time. I looked at the four of them, their beaming faces, the barely contained thrill. Kids. But only we knew the sacrifices we had made, the sacrifices we still make every day for our dream. We knew what each of us have given up. And so, at the end of it all, after the lights and the highs, we come back to this. Us against the world.


It was Seungri who dragged us all to the park. No surprises there.

 

Daesung was unexpectedly enthusiastic about the plan from the go. “It has been so long!! We can use this to channelise the Fxxk it feels! Consider it a research trip.” Daesung kept hounding us.

 

The rest of us were still reluctant considering the hype around our latest album and the increased sasaeng activities, but then Daesung pulled out his trump card. He nodded sagely and did a tragic walk across the studio murmuring very clearly “Go out, they say. Come party with us, they say. And then, the one time I feel like going...siiiigghh…”

 

And so, even though Youngbae had a date with Hyorin, we finally relented because Seunghyun Hyung, the big weird softie, welled up at Dae’s words and declared “Who says we won’t go? Of course we will go! Right? Right?” The rights were pointed at me and Youngbae, of course. And thus, the plan was sealed with one of Hyung’s choicest glares.

 

The car-ride to the park was, of course, accompanied by We Like to Party blasting at full volume in the background, with Seungri and Seunghyun Hyung re-enacting the drunken bridge part ….horribly. Seungri, of course, insisted on singing all my parts...horribly. At one point, he was going to put his head out to do what god-knows, but thankfully Hyung pulled him back. The cars passing by looked at us with extremely disapproving looks - they probably thought we were crazy fanboys. Slinking into the seat, trying to melt into my clothes was all I could do.

 

“Yo, Hyung! Hyuuuunggggg, the Twist!” Seungri screamed, wildly waving at me. Such a kid.

 

The Twist was undoubtedly great fun! The most fun I’ve had since...well, since that disastrous club night. But, let’s not go there, because I was incapable of thinking about her without feeling a weird mixture of anger and sadness.

 

Anyway, all five of us rode together. Youngbae tried to facetime with Hyorin while on the twist, and almost fell off the ride. Well, can’t fault him for being deliriously happy in love. I take credits for that FYI. Seunghyun Hyung was caught up between moments of utter anguish and pure, pure bliss. Seungri, seated beside Hyung, had the Joker smile plastered on his face throughout,

as if a child on his first ride discovering he can conquer the world. As for me, I was holding on to Daesung for dear life while he switched between soothing my fears and hollering at the others.

Yup, great, great fun! I wanted to come at night and ride the twist again, see the city in neon shades and a blur of images. Somehow, when everything else was a blur around me, I felt a strange sense of calm, of stability.

 

We were on a snacks break. Youngbae had strolled off to properly talk to Hyorin, Seunghyun Hyung had gone off with Daesung to get snacks. I stayed back with Seungri, trying to nurse my spinning head back to an equilibrium. After the queasiness left, I looked around the area, trying to locate the others.I was still paranoid about being recognised. And to top it, of all the people, Hyung went to get snacks, the most noticeable amongst the five of us.

 

I noticed a candy floss stall a few feet away. There was a variety of colours on display - maybe, I could get the Chilli Chocolate one.

 

“Seungri, I’ll go get candy floss. What do you want?”

 

“The brightest colour!” He replied with a wide grin.

 

I walked towards the stall when that sensation came back to me with a gripping force.

 

Kiara.

 

She was standing by the stalls watching the stall-keeper make the candy floss with the same concentration that she had looked at me before turning me down. She was in a lace blue summer dress, which clung to her curves and her waist before flowing out till her knees. She had given up on her oversized aesthetic for the day, I guessed. She walked further on, and I followed, what for I did not know. As I neared, I caught her bubbling laughter. She had picked up something from an antique stall, probably a kind of a music box, as I could see her twirling a sort of a handle with a rapt expression. Somehow, my anger escalated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter