Ri&Ri (Mischief-Makers), Inc.

Entwined in Spices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aria’s POV

I impatiently tapped my finger against my cup of cappuccino. It had already been waiting for half an hour for Dara to meet me at the cafe, but so far she hadn’t showed up. I was beginning to get slightly annoyed as she had been the one to text me to meet up. Patience wasn’t really my forte. Perhaps, another reason for my annoyance with her was that I had been begging her for days to let me meet G-Dragon (to subtly probe him and confirm whether his intentions towards Ki were sincere) but so far, she has refused. Her response had been, “No, I refuse to let you meddle in someone else’s love live, especially in your best friend’s love life, and definitely not when G-Dragon is involved.”

Heaving a sigh of annoyance, I was about to call her for the umpteenth time when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Dara standing behind me. “Woman, why do you -” I trailed off when I saw who was standing next to her. None other than Seungri - supposedly the most beloved maknae in the K-Pop world. My brain is excellent at storing away random and, usually, useless facts. But as I say, no knowledge is useless. Yes, and that you know this random fact has nothing to do with your fangirling past, pah!

My usual very graceful reaction to most unexpected events: “What the hell is HE doing here?”

“Well, you wanted to meet Ji, and this one wanted to meet Kiara, so I thought why not let the exasperatingly meddlesome kids meet up instead?” Dara said.

“EXCUSE ME? MEDDLESOME KIDS?” Seungri and I both shouted in unison. I glanced at Seungri, and saw that he was glancing back at me. I shrugged and turned back to Dara. “I wanted to meet GD.”

“And I wanted to meet Kiara. Who’s this?” Seungri said.

I turned to him, infuriated at the way he addressed me, “Excuse me? ‘This’? I’m a person, and I have a name. I’m Aria, and I’m Kiara’s best friend.”

Seungri’s whole demeanour changed at once. It went from haughty to admiration, to almost adoration. He took my hands and began to shake them vigorously.

“OHMYGOD you’re Aria-sshi? You’re officially my hero, hopefully about to become my guide, my mentor. Please teach me how to be as awesome as you! How on earth did you manage to hit both Jiyong hyung and TOP hyung and get away with it?? AHHH I can’t believe I am finally meeting you! Do you know……”

As he continued to babble, I began to get freaked out by him. I wanted nothing more than to escape as he was making a scene. I could feel everyone in the cafe staring at me, and it didn’t help that I was with two celebrities. Although they were in disguise, it wouldn’t take long for the people to figure them out if Seungri continued to act this way. I looked at Dara pleadingly, but she just smiled at me sweetly, waved and then sashayed away. I tried to extricate my hands from Seungri but he held on to them for dear life. I fought the urge to smack him, if I could free my hands, but I knew I had done enough smacking to last me a couple of years.

“Er...yes, yes. I did manage to get away. Now if you’ll sit down?” I replied to him, trying my best to make him less noticeable.

“Daebak!! I can’t believe I’m meeting you! Ohmygoddddd OHMYGODDDDD”

At this rate, I swear before this entire debacle is over, I’ll have successfully beat up all Bigbang members. When I had first discovered them and fallen in love with their music, I had never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would punch two of them, one of whom happens to be my one time ultimate bias, and be so close to knocking the maknae out with valium. I looked at Seungri distastefully. Too much energy, too much freaking energy.

“Seungri-sshi, please if you would just take a seat, we could talk more comfortably.” I gave a final decisive pull of my hand and thank the godstars, he relented, throwing at me a dazzling smile.

“Ah right, right. If you could order an iced americano for me? I don’t want to risk getting recognized.” I just rolled my eyes; as if he had been the paragon of discretion up till now. God, men. And they call women drama-queens! Pah!

When I returned with his americano, I found him calmly sipping my cappuccino. I sat down and stared at him, waiting for him to apologise, hand me my drink and claim his. But he just stared back while happily sipping away.

Sip sip sip.

Pause.

Sip sip sip.

“Aaaaah, I’ll go crazy!”

Sated with my outburst, I settled down with the americano, conceding this round.

Sip sip sip.

“So, shall we get started?”

“Excuse me?” I paused mid sip, perplexed.

He leaned back and propped one leg on the other. I cannot say if this was an added dramatic effect or if it came naturally to him.

“I did some quick situation assessment. I think we both are here for the same thing. From previous data of your boot-throwing, punching and presumably, other such delinquent history, I have judged you to be a worthy conspirator.” He leaned in with a very satisfied smirk. “So, shall we get started?”

“Delinquent history? You have judged me??” I fumed. Bigbang is honestly the standard for bois. “Look, Mister....”

“Wait wait...before you protest or refuse, hear me out at least?”

“Okay, okay, fine I’ll hear you out. But that is it. Now, what exactly do you want to start?”

I swear to god I actually heard the devil’s laughter float out from every cell in his body.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter