Special Chapter I: Love me the Same

That Person, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic means flashbacks or inside thoughts on some parts. The present is the normal text. Pardon for grammatical errors and misspelled words.

 

----

 

Love Me the Same

 

 

Taeyeon pushed the entrance door, tiredly. She was drained and feeling lifeless with her busy and completely exhausted week. Taeyeon recorded her new digital single that she’s thankful has released and accepted well by people. She enjoyed making the video even though it’s still cold season when they had filmed it. Taeyeon was contented with all the results of their hard work. Her single climbed up to the chart and even turned first place on the music shows. Just saying she was simply happy was an understatement. It was beyond that. Taeyeon just couldn’t find the right word to describe what she’s feeling. Though she was truly thankful that the public supports her and never let her down.

 

Taeyeon opened her room, and closed the door briskly, not minding if her three housemates would hear her. She threw herself face down on the bed, feeling glad that she was finally at home. Not caring anymore if she was still fully clothed, wears her makeup still, or where her phone was after throwing it on the bed. Sleep was what she’s needed. And it would be on her reach now in a matter of seconds.

 

Taeyeon felt the vibration on the bed at first but she chose to ignore it and succumb to deep sleep instead. Taeyeon was fast asleep as she thought. The device continued to vibrate while ringing silently under the pillow above her head. It stopped for a bit before it lit up again, signed that the person on the other line called again. The call repeated for minutes before the caller finally stopped calling. Taeyeon’s phone screen darkened with several unanswered calls.

 

----

 

“Hello?”

 

“Baby it’s—.”

 

“Stop calling me that.”

 

“But you’re my—.”

 

“Tae.”

 

Taeyeon heard her sternly voice on the line. “Fine.” She sighed, moving her body to lie on her back while holding her phone. “I’m sorry I missed your call last night, my phone was on silent mode. And I was so tired and feeling sick—.”

 

“Are you feeling alright now?”

 

“Slightly, though I still feel my throat hurt a bit and I think I’m going to have a cold.”

 

“Drink water or juices instead. And I told you to stop eating sweets and ice cream. For God's sake, Tae, it’s cold and you chose to eat those desserts every time you finished eating.”

 

“I’m not eating ice cream since—.”

 

“Don’t lie. I saw the gallon of ice cream in our fridge at home when I stopped shortly to check the groceries.”

 

Taeyeon fell silent on the line.

 

“Taeyeon? Are you still there?”

 

“Uhm…yeah.”

 

“Why are you silent?”

 

“Nothing.” Taeyeon moved, rolling onto her side. “It’s just so sweet hearing you said home, Sica.” She smiled to herself.

 

This time it’s Jessica’s turn to be quiet. Taeyeon’s sudden chuckles breaking the stillness over the line.

 

“Uhm…” The other girl on the other line cleared . “I-It’s o-our home, i-isn’t it?” She felt so shy at the moment.

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Yeah. Our home, Sica.” She shifted her eyes at the window. The sun rays streaming to her room. “What are you doing now?”

 

“I’m here at the office.” She paused. “Tae, I’ll be going busy this week and the next. There’s an impending fashion week in Paris and I’m invited to go.” Jessica reached for her pen on the table, putting it over her planner.

 

“When?”

 

“First of March until the ninth.” She spoke slowly.

 

“Oh… you’re not here on my birthday.”

 

“Yeah…sorry.”

 

Taeyeon heaved a sigh. “That’s alright. Just don’t forget to give me at least a big surprise, okay?”

 

Jessica laughed. “What kind of surprise?”

 

“Anything from my princess. You know, I’ll appreciate everything you give.”

 

“Okay, I’ll bring you a balloon soon. A big red balloon. A lightning McQueen is fine, right?”

 

“Excuse me, miss? Am I a kid?”

 

Jessica giggled. “You said, anything!”

 

“But not like that of anything, duh.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Fine. Why you’re such a baby, Tae?” She cleared . “Uhm…by the way, Tae. I have something important to tell you…” She looked up and saw her staff on the door. ‘Damn it. Why the time is so short?’ Jessica nodded to the staff, gesturing him to give her a minute. She gripped her phone tightly. “Tae…”

 

“What is it?” Taeyeon sat up on the bed, she could hear Sunny outside of her room, calling for her cat and eventually, knocking on her room.

 

“Taeyeon! Are you still asleep? Manager unnie said to wake you up. She’s here. She’s calling you for minutes and you’re ignoring her!”

 

Taeyeon sighed. She was too lazy to walk towards the door and open it.

 

“Did you hear Sunny?”

 

Jessica spoke up again from the other line. “Yeah, but not clearly.”

 

“She said, manager unnie is calling for me.” Taeyeon heaved a sighed the second time. “You know, I don’t want to move my and work today. Want to stay here all day.” She whined. “Anyway, what is it again that you’re saying?”

 

“About a contract.”

 

Taeyeon hummed again, hearing another knock from Sunny.

 

“I called last night to tell you about it but you didn’t pick up.” Jessica noticed her manager pacing back and forth in her office. She her back to not be distracted.

 

“Taeng! Are you awake now? Unnie seems in a hurry!”

 

“I signed in Cori—.”

 

“Jess, jagiya? I think Soonkyu won’t stop knocking. Could you wait for a bit? Just going to look at what is it.”

 

Jessica bit her lip. ‘So, telling Taeyeon now isn’t possible, huh.’ “Oh no. I have to hang up now, Tae-yah. We have a meeting to start. And I’m behind schedule already. I’ll call you later again if I find the time.”

 

“Uh, really?” Taeyeon scratched her head. “Alright. Don’t forget to eat your lunch, ‘kay?”

 

“Yeah. You too. No ice creams or any sweets today, arasso?”

 

“Yes, ma’am.”
 

“I’ll hang up now.” Jessica suddenly tones down her voice so that her staff won’t hear her. “Love you.”

 

“Hmm. Love you too, baby.” She smiled cheekily over the phone, even Jessica couldn’t see here.

 

----

 

“What?!”

 

Tiffany and Sunny’s head both turned to the sole person standing on the entrance door. They didn’t hear her come since they were too busy reading the news online. Tiffany looked at Sunny for a moment, silently asking for help because she’s contemplating what to say to another girl. Obviously, based on how her best friend reacted from what she heard, Taeyeon hasn’t know yet about the news.

 

‘God, Jessie why you didn’t tell, Taetae?’ “Uhm…” She cleared . “Hi, Taetae?” She waved, closing the lid of her laptop. She stood up from her seat to welcome her, wearing her undying eye smile. “We didn’t hear you come. How is—.”

 

“What were you reading, Fany?” Taeyeon stepped on the living, furrowing her brows. She wasn’t interested in anything other than what she heard the moment she came into the house. “Jessica what?”

 

Tiffany shifted her eyes, playing her fingers. “Tae…”

 

Taeyeon has the feeling that her best friend won’t tell her that fast at any moment. She fished out her phone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter