Epilogue

That Person, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic means flashbacks or inside thoughts on some parts. The present is the normal text. Pardon for grammatical errors and misspelled words.

 

 

----

 

That Person, You

 

Epilogue

 

 

“So when are you planning the wedding?”

 

“Excuse me?!” Jessica’s eyes grew wide hearing her sister. They were in a restaurant talking and drinking their favorite cold drink treats after their delicious lunch. She looked around, thinking if people have heard her sister. Jessica was too conscious. She was afraid that some people might notice them. Well, that was Hong Kong, half of the people maybe knew about her existence, for some she was the idol Jessica, but in business, she is the CEO Jessica Jung— and to add with that description— the rumored girlfriend of the businessman Tyler Kwon. If people around, inside the restaurant, heard about the word ‘wedding’, she was sure the news will crawl fast like fire.

 

“What? I said your wedding.”

 

“Can you tone down your voice? People might misunderstand you.”

 

Krystal sighed. “Fine. Sorry. So?”

 

“So?”

 

“Your answer.”

 

“No. What are you thinking asking me that?”

 

Krystal put down her glass, after taking one last sip from the straw. “My God. You’ wearing that ring since forever and you don’t even think of marrying each other?”

 

Jessica stared at her, intently. “Even though I’ll entertain that thought in the future, nothing will happen. Remember, South Korea is probably the most conservative country in the world, Krystal.”

 

“And the most hypocrite too.” Krystal whispered, playing her straw. She lifted her eyes to look at her sister. “So? What will you do? Soon, Tyler oppa will marry his girlfriend. And people will either pity you because they’ll think oppa ditched you for another girl or they will get curious to know who gave you that ring.”

 

“People are always curious around them, Soojung-ah. You can’t avoid that, not when you’re in this industry that surrounded by ugly people aiming to get closer just to slander you.”

 

Krystal tilted her head to the side. “But Jess, you know if they don’t get the truth, they’ll weave another story about you. I don’t want to hear those fabricated stories again.”

 

“Then let them gossip, no one will spill the truth to them anyway. And time will come that they will be weary.”

 

“Why don’t you just try to go back to the US? At least you’re going to be free there. No one will care about what you’re doing or who will you love.”

 

Jessica smiled. “Granted that I like being in the US so much, Soojung–ah. But Korea is what I considered my home. Mom and Dad are in Korea, you are in Korea and—.”

 

“Shorty is in Korea.” Krystal rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you just say it straightforwardly?”

 

Jessica pinched her sister’s cheek, smiling. “And my office is in Korea. I can’t just leave my business.”

 

“Fine. But don’t you two talk about living together in the future?”

 

“No.” Jessica pouted, taking the fork to play the small meat left in her plate. She looked at her sister. “Do you think it’s time for us to talk about it? We’re just kind of starting this relationship again. I don’t want to scare her away or for her to think that I’m suffocating her this time. We decided to focus on our careers while meeting once in a while. I can wait, and said she can too.”

 

“Oh my, you were sending a message for her that time.”

 

Jessica’s cheeks flushed red. “So I don’t think we need to talk about it this early. I choose to be on the safest side this time.”

 

“You were always at the safest side, Jessi. And look at what happened before?”

 

“We’re being careful, Soojung-ah.”

 

“Goodness! Shorty gave you a ring. You knew her since you’re a teenager, unnie. What’s the point of playing safe? You’re not children or high schools that gave meaningless promises. You both stable in your career.” Krystal waved her hand with a frown on her face. “I don’t say that you live with shorty that quick, but your relationship needs a little stability and assurance to hold on to at least.”

 

Jessica grinned. “Why are you so persuading about it? I thought you don’t like her?”

 

“Yes. But you love her. You know that I’m easy to be convinced as long as it’s for your happiness, Jessi.”

 

Jessica smiled warmly this time. She was so touched. “Why? Thank you, baby. You’re a big girl now. Unnie is so proud of you, you know?” She patted Krystal’s head.

 

“Ugh, unnie. It’s so weird when you’re patting me on my head.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’re short.” Krystal, laughed, sticking her tongue out.

 

“Yah!”

 

----

 

A hand pinned the code in a rush, pushing the door quietly; an already dark room welcoming her. She immediately pulled the hand of the figure beside her to follow her in silence. The pair blindly took off of their shoes. The other one picked their shoes while scooting in front of the shoe rack. She stood up once she secured that her own shoes properly put on the rack while still holding the pair of flat shoes in her hand.

 

“Why can’t you just leave my shoes here?” The figure beside her asked, wondering why her shoes remained on the latter’s hand.

 

“I can’t. They might see it.”

 

She crooked her left brow. “So what?” She couldn’t help but speak loudly.

 

She didn’t reply.

 

“Aren’t you want them to know I’m here? You’re trying to hide this from them, aren’t you?”

 

“Shh…they might hear you.” The other one hushed, reaching for her wrist to pull. “Some of them may be already asleep right now.”

 

“Fine. Let’s just turn on the lights.”

 

“No need.” She pulled her hand.

 

“It’s dark you know.”

 

They walked from the foyer, making their eyes get used in the dark. They headed directly to the living room where the big couch was. A slightly loud sound broke the silence. The other person suddenly stopped and crouched, getting support to the side of the couch. It was obvious in her face that she was trying to maintain herself not to shout in pain.

 

“W-What happened?”

 

She opened , but no words came out. It was hurt. She waited for seconds before she finally found her voice, still crouching. “M-Myy… t-to… ee…k-kisss…” She mumbled incoherently.

 

“What?” She stepped closer, trying to hear her better.

 

She heaved a sigh, jumbling her words. “M-My r-right big toe just kissed the foot of the couch.”

 

The taller figure laughed, softly. “What? Pabo. I told you to turn on the light first. Look, you hit your foot on the couch.”

 

“C’mon, let’s go to my room.” She walked slowly.

 

“Taengoo, are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yes. I just want to see my toe, Sica.”

 

“You can sit here for a moment while I turn on the lights.”

 

“N-No need… let’s just go to my room.”

 

“Then let me bring my shoes instead.” Jessica reached the shoes in Taeyeon’s hand.

 

“Crap. I really have stubbed toe.” Taeyeon hissed in pain.

 

Jessica laughed again, covering . She put her arm around Taeyeon’s waist. “Now, whose fault it was that it happened?”

 

“Mine.” She rolled her eyes pouting.

 

Jessica smiled, kissing Taeyeon’s temple. “You’re so cute.”

 

----

 

“Okay, just put an ointment and it’ll be okay tomorrow.” Jessica said, looking at Taeyeon’s big toe. She put down her foot on the bed from her lap. “Don’t be a drama queen, Taengoo. Just be thankful that it didn’t damage your nail.”

 

“But it hurt, Sooyeon-ah.” Taeyeon pouted, touching her slightly reddish toe gently.

 

Jessica chuckled. “You’re such a kid. Remind me to look for someone braver and not a crybaby like you.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened in shock, opened agape. “Y-You’re kidding.”

 

She tapped Taeyeon’s nose twice by her index finger while standing up from her sitting on the bed. “Nope.”

 

“Yah!”

 

Jessica ignored her, opening the closet casually. “Where’s your towel?”

 

“At the right side, below.” Taeyeon straightened from her seat, watching Jessica getting the towel from her closet. A smile grazed upon her lips. It was a good sight for her, Jessica in her room, picking some clothes in her closet like she used to do. She inhaled, filling the air inside her chest then exhaled. “You’re going to wash up?”

 

“Yeah.” Jessica replied, walking while tying her hair in a bun. She stood in front of the mirror to remove her make up. “Why are you looking at me?”

 

“Nothing. I just miss you.”

 

“We talked every day, Taeng-ah.” She gently held the cotton with make-up remover in place on her eyes then to her nose. “You messaged me every hour.”

 

Taeyeon slowly got off on the bed walking towards her. She stood behind her, putting her arms around her waist. Taeyeon nuzzled her nose on Jessica’s shoulder, smelling her familiar scent. “But you’re not always here in Korea. I’m feeling sad sometimes, missing your warmth.”

 

Jessica put down the cotton, holding Taeyeon’s hand. “I miss you too.” She whispered. “Working alone in the office is lonely at times. I kept thinking about you.” Jessica leaned her back against Taeyeon.

 

“Then let’s make this time worthy. We could spend a vacation together. Do you like the idea?”

 

Jessica turned around to put her arms around Taeyeon’s neck. “I like that. But how? We’re in Korea, Miss Kim.”

 

“We’re in Korea so we just stay at home watching movies together?” Taeyeon frowned. “I don’t like that.”

 

“I thought you wanted to always stay in the house?”

 

Taeyeon shifted her eyes, looking elsewhere but Jessica. She hugged Jessica’s waist tightly, pulling her into her. “Y-Yes. But c’mon, I want at least to have new memories when I’m with you.” She blushed.

 

Jessica smiled, pinching Taeyeon’s nose. “Why are you so cute? Okay, let’s take a vacation but not this time, Tae. We can at least plan, booking the place we’re going to stay secretly. We need to be careful, remember?”

 

Taeyeon nodded inwardly.

 

“Oh, don’t sulk. I’m starting to think now that I’m having a relationship with a kid.” She patted Taeyeon’s cheek before giving her a soft kiss on the lips. “I’m going to wash up now. They’re asleep anyway I can use the shower freely.”

 

“Sure. I’ll go next.”

 

Jessica was about to turn the knob but a knock on Taeyeon’s door halted her action. She looked at Taeyeon who stepped closer on the door waiting for someone outside to speak at least.

 

“TaeTae?”

 

Jessica and Taeyeon’s eyes met. Jessica almost cracked into a laugh when Taeyeon’s face showed confusion. She pinched her forearm hard so that Taeyeon could think straight. Taeyeon wanted to yell but she’s suppressed by biting her lower lip.

 

“You’re so violent.” She hissed quietly behind the door.

 

“Think straight, pabo. Fany is outside.”

 

“Aigoo~ You don’t need to pinch me.”

 

“Stop overreacting.” Jessica smirked. She wanted to giggle at the way they spoke to each other.

 

Taeyeon sighed, pulling Jessica to hide behind the door. She opened the door a bit, enough to see the person outside and half of her body. She held the knob tightly.

 

“Fany? Why?”

 

Tiffany shook her head, lightly. “Hmm… nothing I just saw your light still on, I thought, you’re awake. What are you doing this late?”

 

“I-I’m talking to Jessica.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes got big, wanting to push Taeyeon’s door. “She’s here?”

 

“N-No! W-What I mean is, we’re talking on the phone.”

 

Jessica covered , this time, she was enjoying watching the scene.

 

“Oh…” Tiffany’s mouth formed an ‘O’. “I thought you brought her here. I heard she was in Korea.”

 

“Y-Yeah… that’s why we’re talking.” She noticed Tiffany’s clothes. Taeyeon frowned. “Are you going out? At this hour?”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Silly, Taetae. I just got home. I’m out with some friends.”

 

“I thought you’re already sleeping.”

 

“Nope. Bora called earlier. I was about to invite you to join but you didn’t open your door.” Tiffany’s eyes stared at her intently. “Where have you been, Tae?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter