Part 2

That Person, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic means flashbacks or inside thoughts on some parts. The present is the normal text.

 

 

----

 

 

That Person, You

 

Part II

 

 

“We’re finished today, Taeyeon-shi. You can go home now, and take a rest.”

 

“Oh, really?” Taeyeon stretched on her seat, cracking her knuckles. “Thank you, oppa from helping me and for the hard work.” She bowed.

 

“That’s nothing, Taeyeon-shi. It always my pleasure working with you. And besides, you work fully for this, so the only thing I can do is to do my best to help you.”

 

Taeyeon smiled.

 

“I’ll go ahead first. How about you?”

 

“Want to stay here for a moment, to relax perhaps.”

 

“Sure?” The older man asked.

 

“Yeah, oppa. Take care.”

 

“Ok. Don’t force yourself too much, Taeyeon-shi.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes followed the man heading out of the recording studio. She inhaled sharply, eventually feeling the tiredness. She sat, fishing her phone out from her pocket. Taeyeon decided to leave a message for her manager who was currently waiting for her, saying she wanted to stay at the studio longer. She was drained and exhausted but she didn’t feel to go home that fast either.

 

Taeyeon always wanted to be alone so that she could do what she wants to, freely and peacefully, and yet she was afraid of feeling that alone and being left. She shook her head vehemently. ‘Taetae, don’t feel so emotional again.’ Taeyeon sent a message for Tiffany; it was always good talking with her best friend when she’s feeling emotional and isolated. Tiffany is her sun that always shines brightly before her eyes. She’s one of the strengths that always encourage her to go on and pursue her dreams. Well, all of her members became supportive and much closer than before since they’d— since Jessica left.

 

She felt her eyes heavy. Taeyeon shook her head, straightening from her seat. It wasn’t her plan to sleep at all. Her eyes shifted to all the papers above the table. She was there to review all the songs she must include in her album. Taeyeon chuckled, reading the lyrics written.

 

Song Entry 1

Take me back turn the hands of time when you kissed me in the warm September rain

Back before my heart was filled with pain. If only we could be in love that way again

 

Song Entry 2

Words that said to be well. Words that said thank you. What do I do? I don’t know anything. Now I can withstand. But the last farewell is a really disappointing goodbye.

 

Song Entry 3

The name I loved once in this life has become further and further away from me
I am writing your name on a paper and forever kept it in my heart.

 

Song Entry 4

Our eyes that always looked at the same place, it keeps becoming disjointed
Even though you’re nearby, I can’t see your heart like how the moon quickly blooms when the sunsets.
I hope you’ll return to me as if nothing happened.

 

‘What a pity, Taeng.’ Taeyeon told to herself. For a girl who loves ballad, she thought she chose poorly. She only considered two songs; she felt the others missing something. She wanted a song that reflects or relates a person’s emotion in heart-rending, touching but not too distressing or obvious. So, they decided to choose the second and fourth songs. But honestly, she preferred the fourth song more. It seemed; the composer purposely wrote it for her… only for her. Taeyeon sighed, arranging all the papers. Tiffany still hasn’t replied to her message, her friend probably busy with her photoshoot.

 

“Uh, unnie I didn’t know you’re here.”

 

Taeyeon lifted her head. “Amber-ah, what are you doing here?”

 

“Ah, we’re going to practice for the next hour. Did you record?”

 

“Nope. I just listened to all the demos and looking for the songs. Come here, who’s with you?” She gestured Amber to come inside.

 

“Uhm, it’s okay unnie. I’m with Soojung-ah by the way.”

 

“Oh.” Taeyeon’s mouth formed an ‘O’. “W-Where is she?”

 

“At the lounge area.” Amber pointed through her thumb. “She saw you first here actually, from the outside.”

 

Taeyeon nodded, picking all the papers. “It’s better for me to go home. My manager still waiting outside.”

 

“Okay, take care unnie. Please take a rest, you look stressed.” Amber said with concern.

 

“You too, Amber.” She patted her shoulder.

 

Taeyeon walked quietly and stopped upon seeing Krystal sitting on the couch, typing on her phone. Krystal looked up, slightly bowed her head to Taeyeon.

 

“It’s nice to see you, Sooju— Krystal. How are you?”

 

Taeyeon saw a slight hesitation on the younger girl’s face. She stared at her, not saying anything but to wait patiently for her reply.

 

“I-I’m fine, u-unnie.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

Krystal nodded. “Hmm.”

 

Taeyeon’s lips curled upward, remembering the other girl who answered lazily as Krystal does. She breathed nervously, fidgeting. “How’s your—.”

 

“I won’t answer you about her, unnie. Please understand.”

 

“O-okay. It’s alright.” She took a step. “I’ll go ahead, Krystal. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

----

 

“You aren’t serious.”

 

“But I am.”

 

“No… I don’t accept it.”

 

“Tae… please.”

 

Taeyeon stood up from the bed. “Then give me a damn good reason why you have to break up with me?!”

 

Jessica played the hem of her shirt. She couldn’t talk about it. Truthfully, she never wanted to break up but—

 

“What, Jessica? I’m waiting.”

 

Jessica bit her lower lip.

 

“Jess, look. We’ve been in this situation for how many times. We practically on and off, but I’ve been patient because I want this.” Taeyeon put her palm on her forehead. “I want us, Sooyeon-ah. I’m happy that… that we’re together.”

 

Jessica stared with her eyes open wide. It’s not often to see or hear Taeyeon being vocal about her feelings, about their relationships. It was funny and puzzling. Taeyeon was the one who confessed to her but in the end, she was the one who always initiated all the skin ships between them because Taeyeon was too awkward.

 

“So, tell me why?” Her eyes begged.

 

Jessica suddenly teared up and cries. Taeyeon got panicked and sit to hold her tight. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I’m sorry, Tae.” She sniffed. “It’s just… I only heard you today that you’re happy. I thought…”

 

“What? No… Jessica.” Taeyeon gave her an unbelievable look. “Was that the reason? Then, I’ll say—.”

 

“No…” Jessica held Taeyeon’s face between her palms. “That’s not it. Tae, I didn’t mean to break up with you. But…”

 

“But?”

 

“Krystal.”

 

Taeyeon frowned.

 

Jessica inhaled sharply. “I told my sister. And she isn’t cool with it.” She paused. “Not because we're both girls, my sister isn’t like that narrow-minded. She just worried and afraid for me.”

 

“Afraid of what?”

 

“Tae… we are a public figure. The people’s eyes might catch us if we aren’t careful. Public practically owns us.”

 

“But not our feelings, Sooyeon-ah.”

 

Jessica looked down at her hands. “Krystal does have a point though.”

 

“You are afraid, aren’t you Sooyeon?”

 

She shook her head. “No. I’m not Taeyeon. I wouldn’t be with you if I’m scared though my sister’s opinion is very important for me.”

 

“And she’s requesting the impossible. Don’t you love me that much?”

 

“Taeyeon, you know more than that.” Jessica's facepalmed. “How about you? Aren’t you scared?”

 

“I’m not.” Taeyeon intertwined their hands. “We aren’t that young anymore. I do think we’re in the right age to feel and understand love. This isn’t a simple crush like it used to be when we’re still teenagers. We broke up many times, but we still come back to each other. This time I want to take this seriously, Sooyeon. Your sister might find my guts incredulously but I’m going to show her that I’m here and ready to defend you.”

 

Jessica smiled, putting her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Really? Can you?”

 

“I’m not physically strong but I can with my spirit.”

 

“Spirit?”

 

“Fighting spirit, Sooyeon.”

 

Jessica laughed.

 

“Now you’re laughing. Are we okay now?”

 

Jessica put her hand on her cheek. “I think so?”

 

Taeyeon pouted.

 

“Alright. Yes. We’re okay.”

 

“No more crazily break up news in the early morning?”

 

She kissed her lips. “No more.”

 

“I’m glad.” She hugged her. “Let’s meet, Krystal one of these days.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, I am. I’m Iron(wo)man. I can face anything.”

 

“You’re funny.”

 

“I know. So?”

 

“Sure, love.” And she hugged her back.

 

----

 

She failed though. Not long ago, Taeyeon was called at the SM office by the CEO. She has no idea why, but she di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter