Part 5

That Person, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic means flashbacks or inside thoughts on some parts. The present is the normal text. Pardon for grammatical errors and misspelled words.

 

 

----

 

That Person, You

 

Part V

 

 

“Good morning.” She pulled the knob to close the door behind her.

 

“Oh, Taeyeonie, morning. Come, breakfast is ready.” Sunny greeted her shortly, bringing her cat along to the dining.

 

Taeyeon nodded, walking following her friend. “You’re here again?” The first thing that came out from upon seeing Yuri drinking coffee. “Don’t you have a schedule today?” Taeyeon asked again pulling a chair to sit beside Tiffany who prepares her milk and fruity cereal immediately. “Thanks, Fany.” She smiled.

 

“Now, I am sure that you don’t want to see my face here in the dorm. Am I a sore in your eyes?”

 

Sunny chortled, amused at her friend’s face who was looking intently at Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Asking and forbidding are two different things, Yuri-yah.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. She stirred up her milk and tasted. “Fany, do we still have French toasts?”

 

“Heh, I noticed you seriously eating a lot these days, Taeng. That’s good news.” Sunny stared at her friend with a bit smile on her lips.

 

“I do think that I need to. People saying I’m too thin and I don’t want to make you all guys worried about me.” And she thought of Jessica’s words plus the other girl didn’t stop her sending messages about eating her meals on time. Not that she was complaining but she seriously thinks that Jessica was overreacting. She could still walk, work, and dance even her body looked so weak, delicate, or super thin. She should be the one that nags because Jessica doesn’t want to rest over her packed-up schedules.

 

Tiffany smiled widely. “That’s my Taetae. I’m going to make a set of French toasts again.” She stood up from her seat, dipping the pieces of bread into the egg mixture she prepared earlier. “It’s very rare to hear you that you want to eat more.”

 

“Thanks, Fany-ah.”

 

Yuri eyed them. “Why don’t you two just marry each other soon? I mean, you both taking care of each other. That’s probably the best decision you two will ever make.”

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon felt she turned deaf.

 

Tiffany’s eyebrows pulled up together. “Ugh. That sounds so , Yuri-yah.”

 

“I’m just talking the practicality in life you know.” Yuri sipped her coffee. ‘C’mon, you guys have the chemistry, the bond-like how atoms stay together until their nuclei and electro—.”

 

Sunny scoffed. “Wow. Yuri is talking about chemistry. Remind me to change my pillow cover later.”

 

Yuri slapped Sunny’s thigh. Tiffany laughed aloud with her usual curving of eyes while putting the toasts on the pan with butter.

 

“But I mean it. Your existence blends peacefully as you complement each other. And not to mention you both sailing your ships.”

 

Taeyeon coughed. “I’m just thankful that fans appreciated our friendship. We’re best friends, after all, Yul.”

 

Tiffany nodded in agreement, putting the bread on the table. “Just spread some syrup.”

 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon said silently.

 

“I’m not going to agree with you on that too, Yuri.” Tiffany picked up a slice of bread to eat.

 

“Why?”

 

“Good chemistry doesn’t mean you should be together. There are various ways to define it, it can be love or just pure friendships. Mutual attraction is the base of relationship, Yuri-yah. You should know about that.” Sunny rubbed Sogeum’s head and ears.

 

“I agree, Soonkyu-yah.” Tiffany pointed at her friend.

 

“Remember, you and Sica have the best powerful ship that fans will ever wish for, but who would have thought that Taeyeon and Sica were the real ones?”

 

Taeyeon lifted her head, hearing that statement.

 

“Fine, you got me there.” Yuri said. “If I haven’t known that Sica was so in love with this shorty, I’m willing to try being with her and see if we’ll work out.”

 

Taeyeon straightened on her seat, her hand that holding a slice of toast stopped, hanging in the air of her already opened mouth. Tiffany and Sunny both looked at Yuri with their eyes widened in shock.

 

“What? Don’t give me that look. It’s pretty normal these days. I mean, a big percentage of girls right now aren’t sure of their ualities anymore. Right? Some girls are experimenting.”

 

“You talked like maknae. So robotic.”

 

Tiffany continued chewing her bread. “Well, I’m still sure by myself that I’m straight.”

 

“Me to—.”

 

“Shut up, Sunny-ah, you have an overflowing crush with Chorong. South Korea knows that.”

 

Taeyeon almost spits out her milk, laughing at Sunny’s flushed face.

 

“And you have a shameless virtual fling with Park Hyomin, thank you very much.”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, crossing her arms on her chest. “You should be. I’m saving her from casualties after you dropped her like she’s some kind of a hot potato.”

 

Sunny gritted her teeth. “I didn’t ditch her; we’re still friends. You’re just acting like a hero. Are you that thirst to have lots of fans? ” She retorted.

 

The two glared at each other, sending daggers behind their gazes. Taeyeon cut in, clearing .

 

“So you mean you have a crush with Jessica before?”

 

Yuri shrugged her shoulders. “If admiring her beauty and enjoying her company means having a crush with her then maybe I am.”

 

Taeyeon stared at Yuri in silence, stopping chewing her bread. She didn’t feel eating anymore but to just listen to her friend’s acknowledgment. Deep inside, Taeyeon felt alerted.

 

Taeyeon thought of something for a long moment. “T-Then why you didn’t—.”

 

“As I said, Tae, Sica was in love with you. No one can change that, not when her eyes only seeing you.”

 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip gently.

 

“I like challenges but I hate competing to something I wouldn’t win.”

 

“You have the height and the body, Yul.” Sunny butted in grinning.

 

Taeyeon threw a piece of cereal to Sunny.

 

Yuri laughed shortly. “Besides, my feelings aren’t that strong, I’m just simply curious what it feels being together with the same . It looks thrilling.” Yuri finished her coffee in one swift drink, standing to take her plate and glass to the sink.

 

Taeyeon heaved a sigh in relief. She mentally reminds herself not to be jealous or feel attentive with Yuri’s words again. Taeyeon picked up her glass of milk again but stopped, feeling Tiffany looking at her. She turned her head to look, raising her eyebrows quizzically.

 

“Taetae.”

 

Taeyeon tilted he head to the side, waiting.

 

“Uhm. Are you—.”

 

“Guys! I’m home! Is there still breakfast left for me?’ Hyoyeon shouted from the foyer, taking off of her shoes.

 

“Yes! Hyo! Come here to the dining room!”

 

“I guess the undying Tiffany’s French toast again.”

 

Sunny smiled, sticking out her tongue. “You bet. How’s your jogging?”

 

“What’s new about jogging and exercising?” Hyoyeon sat down. “Yah! Yuri-yah. Make me coffee.”

 

Taeyeon let the three talking. She focused at Tiffany who seemed lost from her thought. She held her hand, nudging it. “Hey, Fany-ah. What are you saying?”

 

Tiffany shook her head, pulling herself out of the trance. She smiled. “Nothing, Tae. I suddenly forgot the words. I’ll say to you when I remember again.”

 

“Sure?” She felt suddenly worried.

 

“Of course, Tae.” She patted her shoulder, smilingly. “Hyo, do you like more toasts?”

 

“NO!”

----

 

“So, Jessi, you and shorty got back together.”

 

“She has a name, Krystal. I would be glad to hear that you’ll still respect her and call her by her name.” Jessica put her left leg over her sister’s thigh. They were sitting on the big couch— both occupying each side. Jessica held her phone while looking at her nails and Krystal with her chips.

 

“I’ll appreciate more if you move your leg away from me.”

 

Jessica grinned, adding her other leg to pin Krystal on her seat. Krystal glared at her sister.

 

“Oh. My. God!”

 

Jessica took a vacation from her work, called Krystal to stay with her in Hong Kong. She enjoyed their relaxing and chilling days— shopping, talking, gossiping, and eating. She missed bonding with her sister after a long time. She originally thought of staying in Seoul first with their parents and at the same time to have a little time with Taeyeon but the latter was busy promoting. Jessica changed her mind; she needed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter