Chapter 7

One night or another
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winwin – 3:01 PM:

Babe, wanna hang out ?

 

Kun always smiled without realizing it when Winwin called him that. It was a week later and they only had a few vacation days left.

 

Kun – 3:02 PM:

Of course.

 

Winwin – 3:03 PM:

Great, come and pick me up please !

 

Kun’s smile grew wider.

 

When he finally arrived at Winwin’s parents’, that’s when Kun started feeling nervous. He didn’t know if Winwin had told them about him and about the fact they were now dating. He knew his family well since high school but it felt weird to come and meet them as anything else than Winwin’s friend.

He texted Winwin before knocking on the door.

“Hey you.” The younger winked after opening.

Kun felt his face heating up. Winwin grabbed his hand and led him inside.

“Mom, Shin.” He said as they joined them in the living-room, way too formal to Kun’s liking. “This is Kun.”

He lifted their intertwined hands to show them. Kun didn’t know where this was going.

“Kun, meet my mother and sister.”

“Winwin, why ?!” Shin raised her eyebrows. “We already know Kun.”

“Because you keep asking who’s my date and didn’t believe me when I answered. That’s why, Shin !” Winwin snapped at her. “So here’s Kun, my date. Now my date and I are going on a date so BYE.”

Shin’s face fell, her eyes widening in shock and his mother looked just as surprised.

Winwin then dragged Kun outside, his sister yelling from behind.

“NO WAIT A MINUTE ! I THOUGHT YOU WERE PLAYING ME, COME BACK HERE ! WINWIN !”

 

“So where are we going ..?” Kun asked as they were walking, the younger holding on his hand.

No response.

“Winwin ?”

A smirk grew on his face. “You’ll see.”

Kun sighed loudly. He then remembered where this path was taking them.

 

Soon, the river crossing their town appeared before his eyes.

They walked down the stairs leading to the riverside. No one was there as it was so cold outside.

It was that place where they would always stop by after school before going back home with their friends.

 

“Why don’t we buy beers for once ?” Winwin asked in a whiny tone.

Yu Zhi shrugged.

“Because Ren Jun is a child..?” Kun raised his eyebrows.

“Hey I’m not !”

“Yeah sure.” Kai Cheng patted his shoulder.

 

Just to relax and hang out.

 

It was also there that they had often met up just the two of them.

 

“I came as fast as I could, what’s happening ?!” Winwin almost yelled as he joined him by the river.

Kun was staring at the water. He felt so helpless.

“Winwin…” He was staring at the water, tears rolling down his cheeks.

 

They did it a lot.

 

“My parents are divorcing.”

Winwin didn’t say anything.

Suddenly Kun felt his arms around him. The younger held him gently, without a word. There was no need for words.

 

“Kun ! Sit down, what are you doing ?”

“Huh ? Oh, yes.”

The two boys were sitting down next to each other, one legs crossed, the other with his leg stretched out on the side because of his splint.

Winwin let the tip of his fingers brush past the water before plunging his hand in it slowly.

“Winwin… You’re gonna catch a cold.”

“Nah…”

Kun rolled his eyes and leaned his head against the other’s shoulder.

“Do as you please then… but don’t be surprised when I’ll say I told you.”

Winwin shrugged. “Yes, because you’re always right ?”

“Pretty much yeah.” He scoffed.

The younger snorted. “You wish !”

He was still staring at his hand in the water, as if he was hypnotized. Kun had never really understood this fascination for water. But he looked so cute like this.

“Winwin..?” He whispered.

The other turned his head to look at him. Kun cupped his cheeks and kissed him softly. He could feel Winwin smiling against his lips. And it made him happy.

Suddenly the younger’s cold hand was in the back of his neck. He yelled.

“Aaah ! So cold so cold so cold !!”

“I’m sorry ! I forgot !”

 

 

-

 

 

“You’re coming this weekend, sweetheart ? But you finished your holidays two weeks ago !” His mother asked on the other side of the line, visibly surprised. “Not that I mind having you over.”

“Winwin has an appointment with his specialist tomorrow, that’s why we’re coming back earlier.”

“Oh I see… So do I prepare your room for tonight ?”

Kun looked at Winwin who shook his head.

“Hm no, I’ll sleep at Winwin tonight. But thanks Mom !”

“Alright, love you sweetheart, see you tomorrow !”

“Me too Mom, bye !”

He then hung up and looked at Winwin. “I love driving three hours on a Friday night.”

“You want me to do it ?” The younger scoffed.

“Ha. Ha. Hilarious.”

 

 

They stopped by Winwin’s parents’ house. Shin came out to greet them.

“Hey, here are the two lovebirds !”

Winwin sighed so loudly Kun couldn’t help but snort.

“Kunkun, are you eating with us ?” She asked while they were getting out of the vehicle.

“Yeah, and he’s even sleeping here.” Her brother huffed befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter