Chapter 6

One night or another
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How not to love you ?”

Kun could feel butterflies in his stomach as he was driving back home in the early evening after visiting his father. He hadn’t talked too much about his night with Winwin since he felt like blushing furiously every time he thought about everything from the boy’s smirks to his tears.

His father had noticed he was unusually smiling of course. He had a little bit when he had said he had spent the night at Winwin’s. But he hadn’t insisted on the detailed explanation which Kun was thankful for.

He was sure he was painfully obvious anyway.

 

“Sweetheart ! How are you ?” His mother asked as he sat down for dinner.

Sam was looking for something in the kitchen and Hui was giving him small glances while pretending to drink water.

“Fine.”

“And how was it with your father ?”

“Good as always. I told him to reply to your texts.”

“Aw thank you sweetheart.” She smiled at him.

He smiled back then focused on his food as Sam came back to the table.

“And how’s Winwin ?”

Kun choked on his meat and started coughing badly.

“Kun, slow down.” Sam said in surprise.

“Sweetheart, are you alright ?” His mother exclaimed.

Hui was his back, patting it occasionally. His cough eventually died down and he took a deep breath.

“Wow, I didn’t know mentioning Winwin could put you in such a state.” His mother cocked an eyebrow.

“What ?” His eyes widened, a little teary from the coughing fit. “No ! No of course not, why would it be ?!”

She stared at him, disconcerted. Then a smile grew on her face.

“So how was your night at Winwin’s, sweetheart ?”

Kun’s eyes got even bigger. The look in her eyes: she knew.

“Fine, as always…”

The hesitation in his voice couldn’t fool anyone.

“His knee doesn’t hurt that much anymore…”

He was such a bad liar, he wanted to hit himself for being so obvious.

His mother smiled wider and nodded slowly. “Perfect then !”

 

Winwin – 9:30 PM:

Wanna meet tomorrow ? Like have lunch or something.

 

Kun – 9:32 PM:

Will the others be there ?

 

Winwin – 9:32 PM:

Kun please !

 

He frowned.

 

Winwin – 9:32 PM:

Just the two of us obviously.

 

Kun typed something but hesitated to send it. Should he ..?

“Sweetheart ?”

He almost jumped in surprise and threw his phone in the back pocket of his jeans. “Mom ?! What are you doing here ?”

His mother cocked her eyebrow. “You mean what I’m doing… in the stairs that you are blocking ?”

Kun looked around him. He had really stopped in the middle of climbing up the stairs to reply to Winwin’s text… Wow.

“Oh, I’m sorry Mom !”

He then quickly ran to his room and closed the door behind him. Hui wasn’t there yet.

He lied down on his bed and pulled his phone out. A text from Winwin on his lockscreen.

 

Winwin – 9:35 PM:

Call it as you want but you better not bring anyone else. That’s all I’m saying.

 

“What… is he saying ..?” Kun mumbled to himself, eyebrows raised.

He unlocked his phone and horror painted his face.

“Oh no no no no no no no !”

Winwin was in fact replying to a text Kun had sent.

 

Kun – 9:34 PM:

So is it a date ?

 

The message he had previously typed had sent. How ? Why ? When ?!

Kun put his face in his hands. Winwin must have thought he was trying to rush things, or doubting him again or maybe both at once or maybe worse.

“Stupid stupid stupid !”

What would he do if Winwin hadn’t interpreted this message the right way ? He was so screwed. Winwin would surely reject him for good this time.

“Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid-“

“Are you done yet ?” Hui interrupted him as he came in.

“What ?” He looked at him in surprise. “No ! Because I don’t remember the last time I’ve done something so stupid…”

He sat up on his bed, playing with his fingers nervously.

“Oh wait, actually yes: last week when I rejected the one I love because I can’t seem to make my brain shut up ! I have no idea why he took me back because I don’t even know what I have to offer that could make him love me !”

He closed his eyes when he realized the words he had let out of his mouth. Looking like a lovesick loser in front of his mother’s boyfriend’s son. This was just great.

“Hm okay… Is that what happened between you two ?” He heard Hui’s hesitant voice then the other plopping down on his mattress next to the bed.

Kun nodded, his eyes still closed.

“You wanna talk about it..?”

He shook his head, eyelids shut. “I don’t think so.”

“Okay…” He sighed. “But just one thing: if you wanna be with him, don’t miss that chance.”

Kun opened his eyes slowly and looked him in the eye.

“That’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter