Chapter 5

One night or another
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kun thought he hadn’t heard properly. “What ?”

Winwin pursed his lips.

“No, listen Winwin… Let’s just forget I’ve been a complete idiot for like ten minutes.” He said, trying to keep his composure. “Let’s do that and let’s go back to how we were…”

He was shocked by himself. Words usually wouldn’t come that easily.

“We’re best friends and I don’t want to lose what we have.” He added.

“You don’t understand.” Winwin sighed loudly. “I don’t want to be your best friend anymore.”

Kun gasped. The younger sounded so frustrated.

“But… you must be kidding me, right ..?”

He was sure he could cry at any moment. This had to be a sick joke.

“Kun…” Winwin sighed once more. “Maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough…”

Kun shook his head while trying to hold in his tears. “I really don’t get it... Why ?”

The younger came closer to him. “What I meant is… That I don’t mind being your best friend, not at all… But I just… I don’t want to be your best friend only.”

He started tearing up. “I don’t understand… You’re my best friend and even more ! We’ve always been so much closer than with the others.”

“I know that.” Winwin wiped the tears away.

Kun looked in his eyes and all he could see was sadness.

“You know what, forget everything that I said…” His friend said softly. “You’re right, let’s just go back to how we were.”

He then started walking back to the bar. Most people were back inside already.

Kun grabbed him by his arm. “What’s your problem Winwin ?!”

He wasn’t crying anymore. No, he was angry.

The other looked at him, startled. “Excuse me ?!”

“You say all those things, how you don’t want us to be friend anymore and then you just tell me to forget it ?!”

Winwin’s eyes widened.

“You made me cry, then you try to comfort me when you’re the cause of my pain !” Kun yelled at him. “Then maybe you’re right. Maybe we shouldn’t be friends anymore if this is how you treat your friends !”

The younger looked completely astonished. Then shock was soon replaced by anger.

“Are you serious ?! You’re the one making that little speech about how friends should treat each other when you were the one acting uncomfortable around me !”

“Because you changed !” Kun answered back. “Your behavior toward me changed, you were so lovey dovey for no reason !”

“I DIDN’T CHANGE !” Winwin shouted suddenly, something Kun wasn’t used to. “I never changed, I’ve always been like this with you. It’s you who made me understand that you were uncomfortable when it had never bothered you before.”

“It never bothered me before but now it does !”

“Why ?” The younger looked him in the eye.

“Because… I don’t know !”

Liar. Bad liar.

Winwin raised his eyebrows. “Really ?”

Weak. Kun was so weak.

“You, what’s your problem ?”

His friend looked weak too. His lips were trembling.

“YOU !” Winwin suddenly cupped his cheeks. “You are my problem !”

He was so close Kun thought he might faint.

“You’ve always been my problem.”

Kun felt his hot breath on his face.

"I’ve tried to move on, I’ve tried to forget you, to look at other people.”

His eyes filled with tears again. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Kun, I just- I…”

Winwin brought his face closer, so much closer that Kun stopped breathing. The younger pressed his forehead against his and closed his eyes.

“Listen…”

Kun was still holding his breath. His face was against his, literally.

“Winwin… Winwin, I-“

His eyes widened. Winwin’s lips were on his and the moment after, it was already over. He was in a state of shock.

“I’m sorry, Kun...”

The older took a deep breath. It felt like he hadn’t breathed for so long, yet it had only been a few seconds.

“Win…win… You too.”

His friend gave him a questioning look.

“You too, you’re my problem.”

Suddenly, Winwin kissed him again. Kun could feel tears rolling down his cheeks then on the other’s face. He couldn’t stop crying and at the same time he couldn’t let go from the other. He had put his arms around him, holding him as tight as he could while they were kissing, as if he would disappear any minute. He was so scared he was dreaming and this was all in his head. The other’s thumb was wiping his tears away but he still couldn’t process everything that was happening.

“Kun…” The other eventually said after kissing him one last time. “Why are you crying..?”

“I-I… I’m so sorry, I’ve been so dumb, I’m-“

The younger covered his mouth with his hand. “Kun, it’s okay. Not another word.”

He then took his hand in his and brought him inside again.

They spent the rest of the night together at the table while the others were dancing. Kun didn’t remember the last time he had felt this happy for these past months. He cherished every second of this night, knowing deep down inside of him that it wouldn’t last.

 

“Winwin, you still need a ride ?” Kai Cheng asked as they were about to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter