Chapter 2

On Sunny Days

“You have some explaining to do.” He growls, towering over the petite girl.

Despite the fact that this guy could probably take out Kyungsoo in a matter of seconds, Kyungsoo felt the need to step in, after all nothing had happened. “I’m sorry, but this is a misunderstanding, we just work together.” Kyungsoo spoke as clearly as he could, thankful for all the acting classes he took, masking the fear he felt inside.

There is a pause as both the male and Sally turns to face him, with confused eyes. Sally eventually starts laughing.

“Dude, you got it all wrong!” The male says chuckling, ‘There is no way I would… We’re not…” He says looking at Sally causing her to burst into another fit of giggles. When Kyungsoo still looked confused, the male lifted an eyebrow, “I am gay.”

Kyungsoo takes a few moments to digest this information, during this time the male leaned down to Sally, “He’s ok right?” He asks, looking at Kyungsoo’s big confused eyes.

“I think he’s thinking.” Sally replies, to which the male nods.

When Kyungsoo seems to come out of his trance, the male held out his hand, “How rude of me, Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Jae Joong, Sally’s roommate and best friend, nice to meet you.”

Kyungsoo shakes his hand, “I’m- “

“Do Kyungsoo, I know.” He says with a smirk, “This girl hasn’t stopped talking about you.” He smiled when Sally hits him angrily.

Kyungsoo didn’t know wither to feel relieved or happy.

Sally rolls her eyes, “You guys hungry? I made pancakes.”

The other two nod in response, “I just want to jump in the shower quickly.” Jae Joong says leaving Kyungsoo to follow Sally to the Kitchen.

She fixes up a pile of pancakes and sets in front of Kyungsoo.

“It takes better when you leave the batter to ferment overnight, but I didn’t have time last night.” She says turning back to the stove.

“Thank you for looking after me last night.”

“It’s fine, besides, it gave me an excuse to leave the party.”

They fall into silence, the sounds of the cutlery knocking against each other filling the room.

“I thought you stayed with Tiffany.” Kyungsoo brings up.

“I did three years ago, moved here about a year ago.”

Kyungsoo nods, remembering Sehun announcing he was moving in with his girlfriend, Tiffany.

Jae Joong Jogs into the kitchen, his hair still wet from the shower. Sally silently puts another plate of pancakes in front of Jae Joong who digs in immediately.

“I need to thank you for looking after this girl though.” Jae Joong says between bites, “She is forever attracting creeps and weirdoes.”

“Hey! I don’t!” Sally protests.

“Do you really want me to call Tiffany? I am sure you would love that.” Jae Joong laughs.

“There is no need for that.” Sally shot back, causing the other two males to burst out laughing.

Kyungsoo swallowed his laugh mouthful of pancake, “Thank you for taking care of me.” He says softly.

“It’s ok.” She says dismissively.

“You have to let me make it up to you! How about I make you dinner one day?” Kyungsoo says hopefully.

To his disappointment, Sally says nothing as she stood frozen on the same spot.

“Just as thanks for the pancakes.” He adds quickly nervously, his yes looking hopefully at Sally giving Jae Joong a quick look, hoping that he would help.

“I say you’re going; I mean look at his eyes!’Jae Joong says coming to his rescue. “How could you say no?”

“Stay away from him.” Sally says glaring at Jae Joong, before turning to face Kyungsoo, “I would like that very much, thank you.” She says with a small smile, causing Jae Joong to howl in laughter which then caused Kyungsoo to blush. Could he think of this as a date?

They agreed on a Sunday night where both of them were free, at Kyungsoo’s small apartment which he brought a couple of years ago. It wasn’t the high class condos that Suho owned, but it was simple and it had everything he needed. The big advantage was that it was easy to clean; Kyungsoo went around the apartment straightening out the things the other members had played with. He had decided that maybe Sally would enjoy making to food together, so all he did was do some minor preparations. Everything was set, he just needed to wait for the guest of honor to arrive and suddenly he felt extremely nervous. He hadn’t really asked what she ate, what if she didn’t like what he planned. He went the traditional route, making his best Korean food, and a surprise desert. Kyungsoo sighed; there was nothing he could do about it now, he thought as he went through the last few details in his head, the doorbell rang. Kyungsoo hurried towards the door and opened it.

“Hello!” Kyungsoo says as brightly as he could to try to hide his nervousness.

“Hello… Um… This is for you…” Sally says handing Kyungsoo a bottle of wine.

Sally follows Kyungsoo silently into the kitchen.

“Um… I thought it might be fun to maybe cook together…” Kyungsoo said trying to lighten to mood it didn’t seem to work as Sally stayed silent. For once in his life he wishes Baekhyun was here to lighten the mood, being the mood make in the group. Kyungsoo started to panic, maybe she hates cooking? Kyungsoo mentally hits himself when he remembers that this was originally supposed to be something to thank her for looking after him but now he is making her cook her own dinner. All these thoughts pass through his head in a few seconds but they quickly disappear when Sally smiles for the first time. “Sure, that’ll be fun.” They work silently, Sally chopping up the vegetables, her chopping skills surprising Kyungsoo.

“You’re pretty good at this.” He comments trying to start a conversation.

“Well… I used to stay with Tiffany, and caught a few tips.”

“So she’s good at cutting things…”

“Yeah… mainly vegetables though.” Sally adds when she bursts into laughter catching Kyungsoo by surprise.

“What’s so funny?” He asks.

Sally’s laughter dies down… “Nothing really, it’s just that I’m here, making dinner with one of my favorite idols, and we’re talking about my friend’s cutting skills…” She explains laughing again softly.

“I’m one of your favorite idols?” Kyungsoo asks surprised.

Sally nods, “I thought you knew?”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “I thought you didn’t like me much…”

Sally laughs as she clears up this misunderstanding, he just caught her on a very bad day, and she explains the sequence of events that lead to awkward reunion. The evening goes by smoothly for the rests of the evening; the two even make plans for things in the future.

For the next few months they meet up whenever they had time, going to try new food, they found out that they both love food with a passion. And made plans to go try new food together, occasionally Jae Joong or the other members, but mainly it was just the two of them and they soon grew quite close. IT was going so well that Kyungsoo believed that maybe he really had a chance with her until one day he receives a call from Jae Joong. And something about his tone suggested that some things were a lot more complicated than it looked.