Chapter 13

On Sunny Days

The next morning Changmin woke up with a hangover, he had spent the rest of the night drinking; trying to forget all the mistakes he had made up to this point. You could say that it worked; every time she tried to think about it, his headache decided to unleash its fury. He sighs as he lies back down on his bed only to be woken up by a ringing noise that wouldn’t go away no matter how many times he tried to shut off his alarm. It took him a couple of minutes to realize that it was because someone was by the door. He groans as he gets up and drags his feet towards the door and angrily opens the door.

“What do you want?” He groans as he squints into the bright light. “Sally?”

It takes a few moments for him to realize that it was reality.

“I didn’t expect to see you here again.” He says softly.

“The Doctor called! He knows how to save you.”

 

Jaejoong laughed at Kyungsoo as he throws some tomatoes into the pot. Everyone had come to Changmin’s house to celebrate the good news. Changmin and Sally were put on dish washing duty. They two of them work in silence as the other two chat away.

“I’m not going to apologize for loving you.” Changmin said suddenly as he suddenly found a rice grain extremely interesting. “But I do apologize for my actions… and the trouble I caused.” Changmin continues as he finally looks up glancing at Sally who was looking down at her food.

“I guess I was naive too.” Sally says…

A silence follows; the sound of porcelain clicked filled the room.

“I really loved you when we were dating, but somewhere along the line, I think I forgot I had to show it. You were a recharging energy in my life. At first I was worried about what a relationship would do to my career. At the time many of my other friends were going through a rough patch in their relationships. The other party wanted to go on dates, wanted this and that and didn’t seem to understand. So I was worried if it would cause problems in our relationship at the time. But as we continued to date, I realized that you were not the same; watching One Piece on a Saturday afternoon was all that you wanted.”

Changmin pauses, “Damn I was really stupid.”

Sally nods slowly.

“You agree?”

“Well… If you realized that I was different; then why did you break off the engagement? Did you think I would leave you just because you were sick?”

Changmin pauses, thinking about what she just said, “I think I knew you would stay with me despite everything.”

“You could have still told me something!”

“Well, I could have… but then you wouldn’t have let me go. I told you before; I didn’t want to be selfish… Look at you now, you have moved one and found a boyfriend who loves you a lot.”

“Then what are you doing now? Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of leaving?”

“I said I was leaving for you… but I guess I couldn’t stop my selfishness.

Changmin left to Switzerland where Dr Park had met a doctor who was busy developing a drug that would help other people with the same disease as Changmin. The medication was still in the experimental stages so the doctors were not sure if it would work. It has been two month since he left and in that that time, there had been no information from Changmin. Every time Sally asked Dr Park, the only response was that Changmin was in isolation to let the medication work properly. Sally could only cross out each day where there was still no news from him.

 

Sally sighs as she crosses out yet another day where there was no response when she feels a pair of arms around her waist.
“It has already been six months.” Kyungsoo says.

He was right. Today would also be last day Changmin was given by doctors but there was still no news.

There is suddenly loud and impatient knock on the door and as Sally goes to open the door, she is surprised as the door flies open and a beaming Changmin stood in the doorway.

“I’m back!”
“Changmin!” Sally yells in surprise as he pulls her into a hug.

“I’m going to be 100% Serious this time! You better be prepared!”


END


Author's Note: Hello! It's the end! Thank you for reading this story. If you have nothing to do please feel free to check out my other stories!