Ch.7

Wishing Upon a Star

   "Hakyeon dear, are you sure that this isn't just some really buff girl?" His mother asked, a sickly sweet smile on her face, her eyes glimmering in hope. Sighing, Hakyeon shook his head.

   "Mother, you know that I'm gay, why do you keep denying it?" Hakyeon asked, looking away in annoyance. Swiftly he moved over to where Taekwoon was being observed by his parents, and pulled the younger away, placing him once again behind him, safe from the judgemental stares.

   "But Yeonie, he's too pretty. I thought that when you said you were gay, you would be the one who had to be protected by the more manly of you two, not the other way around. Such a pity" she spat, her sight landing on Taekwoon's form and he bristled in anger at her harsh words. "And he's so innocent looking Hakyeon, if you are into the pretty, innocent kind, why didn't you just settle for that girl we tried to set you up with?" His mother taunted, staring Taekwoon straight in the eyes, loving the way his eyes flashed in anger. "What's his name?" She asked innocently, the smile upon her face. Hakyeon looked to his father for help, but was only met with a firm expression lacking any sort of compassion for his only son.

  "...his name...well, uhm." Hakyeon stammered. If he let his mother know Taekwoon's real name, the torment would never stop, they would never get her to leave them alone.

   "My name is Leo, Jung Leo" Taekwoon spat, surprising everyone in the room with the confidence and power laced within each syllable. Turning, Hakyeon saw that Taekwoon stood taller, his height seemingly grew and his muscled arms became exposed from the short sleeves of his t-shirt, and Hakyeon was shocked by his change in character. Where was the sweet boy who just wanted to snuggle? Who was this Leo?

   "Uh, yeah. Yes mother, his name is Leo" Hakyeon stammered, quickly gaining control of his shaky voice. To be honest, the male behind him was almost dripping in pheromones, and Hakyeon was starting to feel the effects. He so badly wanted his parents to leave so he could express his gratitude to Taekwoon for acting along. He was actually quite surprised and proud of how the younger changed, protecting him from his mother's nasty words. Apparently his mother wasn't so pleased though, one eyebrow placed higher than the other as she silently judged the pair.

   "Hakyeon, maybe I was wrong about your boyfriend, but still why do you have to be gay? Can't we do something to make you normal?" Taekwoon snapped then, literally snapped. His eyes showed his anger, and his nostrils flared. 

   "Look Mrs.Cha, I don't know what you are trying to do, but just stop!" He hissed, moving closer. As he stepped closer, Hakyeon's mother inched back, the first flash of fear evident in her eyes. Quickly, she looked to her husband for help, but he just turned away from her, halting her looks towards him.

   "Being gay is something that you are born, you don't just MAKE the decision!" Taekwoon growled. Quickly, Hakyeon wrapped an arm around him, trying to halt the angry male from advancing closer, but he was shaken off with much force.

   "You can't just decide what is normal for your son who clearly has different views from you, leave him and leave me alone we don't want you to in!" He yelled, horrible anger and unhappiness rolling off of him in waves. Gone was the sweet sleepy cat, here was the lion, the uncontrollable animal that resided deep within the male. Hakyeon's mother just pursed her lips and turned from the pair. Quickly, she exited the apartment, Hakyeon's father trailing behind her slowly. As he exited the room, he sent Hakyeon an apologetic look and Taekwoon a nasty glare. Then they were gone.

   Hakyeon just stared after his parents in shock. Did they really leave? Did Taekwoon really just scare them off? Was that even Taekwoon?! Suddenly, his attention was caught by a quiet sob that echoed the room, and the sound of a body collapsing to the floor. Quickly turning, Hakyeon rushed to his fallen boyfriend, cradling him in his arms and whispering sweet things in his ear.

   "Shhh, Taekwoon it's alright" he cooed. Sure the Mae had scared him just moments before, but that was passed, plus Taekwoon was protecting him, and it just made him fall for the beautiful model even more. "Woonie, thank you" he wispered. Taekwoon just sniffled, and rubbed his teary eyes.

   "What do you mean Hyung? I just flipped out on your parents, scaring them away and will probably never be accepted by them!" He wailed miserably, burrowing into Hakyeon's chest. Hakyeon didn't know what to do, so he just comforted the younger in his embrace, praying the racking sobs would stop soon because Taekwoon seemed to be blaming himself for everything. Eventually, the male's sobs stuttered off into shaky breaths that were deep and costant, letting Hakyeon know he had fallen asleep. Gently, Hakyeon gathered his strength, and carried the taller into his bedroom area, settling him down on the bed and covering him with a blanket. Gently, he a finger down his cheek, tracing the prominent jawline as the other sighed in his sleep.

   "Taekwoon, thank you for letting us be real, for defending what happiness I have left" Hakyeon said, and he climbed into the bed as well, wrapping the younger in his tight embrace as he too drifted off to sleep.