Ch.11

Wishing Upon a Star

   Hakyeon stood in the elevator, his stomach dropping as it surged upwards, and he felt slightly sick as it cared both him and the doorman upwards. Looking at the numbers, Hakyeon was surprised to see that they were going very high up, and was even more surprised when they passed the 15th floor, as he had only seen 15 buttons on the side of the elevator, signaling there were only 15 floors.

   "Uhm...excuse me" Hakyeon spoke quietly, reaching out and gently poking the door man's arm. He turned, sending Hakyeon a warm, innocent smile.

   "Yes sir? How may I help you?" He warmly asked. 

   "Uhm...well, where are we going? Aren't there only 15 floors?" The doorman chuckled, shaking his head at Hakyeon as if he were a foolish child. Then he pulled a silver card from his pocket, flashing it in front of Hakyeon's eyes.

   "Well Mr.Cha, the photographer you are delivering to has rented out the specialty rooms, which we don't normally list for regular photoshoots, but this man is very important, he is working with a famous kpop star, and the newly debuting model, Leo" he said, smiling and turning away from Hakyeon.

   Huh, Leo? Sounds like the name Taekwoon called himself for my parents. Hakyeon just shook his head to himself, thinking about Taekwoon on his own photoshoot. Sure, Taekwoon was taking a huge step in life and his occupation, but the was no way that It was really him, how could he and Hongbin afford this quality of a studio? The elevator suddenly dinged, and Hakyeon looked up to see they had arrived to the 23rd floor, and the doors slid open, revealing a dimly lit hallway with walls that seemed to be made of some sort of metal. Hakyeon stumbled forwards, almost dropping his precious delivery as the door man sent him another smile, closing the elevator behind him.

   "Wait, come back! I'm just delivering!" Hakyeon yelped, rushing hack only to find the door closed before he could stop it. Sighing, he looked around the dimly lit studio, only now realizing there were numerous metal structures everywhere, similar to the human anatomy with wires poking out everywhere. To be honest, it sort of creeper Hakyeon out, but he swallowed his fear, determined to drop off and get out as quickly as he could.

   Gulping in terror, Hakyeon shuffled forwards, moving towards where he hoped his clients were, coffee trembling in his grip. As he took a step, a set of lights by his feet lit up, casting a gentle glow onto the shiny metal he was walking upon, and Hakyeon followed it, hoping this job would be over soon. As he walked along, Hakyeon saw a light growing brighter in the distance, and he quickly moved towards it, gasping as it opened up into a gigantic room with multiple sets everywhere, but strangely, no one was around and a sad sounding piano melody floated through the air.

   Seeing a table, Hakyeon gently set the coffees down, and turned to walk from the room, only to stop when he heard the whining sound of metal being strained, and hi head shot around in fear. Several feet away, Hakyeon could see what seemed to be reddish brown hair poking from some metal contraption, and quickly made his way over to it, as curiosity took over his system. Moving closer, Hakyeon's jaw dropped as he saw who was laying there so motionless, silent tears dripping down his cheeks as one eye was covered by his red fringe.

   Hakyeon felt his dramatic side come over, and immediatly bent down to his fallen boyfriend who's body seemed battered and completely destroyed, shocked by the seemingly glowing metal poking from beneath his skin. Taekwoon looked so beat up, his hair a disheveled mess, and blackish shiny liquid oozing from an artificial wound that seemed so real, Hakyeon almost threw up. He completely forgot he was in a studio, and everything that was going on around him was staged, and he dropped to his knees, tears slipping as he took in the destroyed form of his boyfriend.

   "Yah, Taekwoon" he murmered, gently grabbing the other's cheeks, and gently running his fingertips along the soft, pale skin there. "Taekwoonie!" He said more urgently, softly shaking Taekwoon's limp body, ignoring the oil seeping from his mechanical limbs, only caring about the male laying before him who seemed completely dead. What happened next shocked Hakyeon more than anything ever could. Taekwoon's eyes suddenly shot open, revealing electric blue contacts over his usually warm brown irises, quickly locking onto Hakyeon's form.

   A slight sense of confusion covered Taekwoon's expression, but he hid it well, struggling to sit up. Seeing his boyfriend struggle so much, Hakyeon helped him up, pulling him up and grasping him tightly. To his relief and surprise, Taekwoon tightly hugged him back, pulling away to stare deeply into his eyes.

   "Woonie, what happened? What's going on?" Hakyeon asked, fear in his expression as he worried about the other, still caught up in the idea that Taekwoon was really a cyborg, and was really dying. Taekwoon opened his mouth to answer, when Hakyeon suddenly felt his arms being yanked, and he was forcefully ripped away from Taekwoon. To his horror, he saw another male in a dark suit grab Taekwoon, locking his arms tightly behind his back in a seemingly painful way.

   Hakyeon opened his lips to scream, when he felt something press to his neck, and he screwed his eyes shut, anticipating pain, only to feel as if time stopped, the people holding onto him stopping their movements, and a bright light flickering on above them, loud clapping echoing around the room.

   "Yah, Binnie, did you get all of it?" Came a female voice. One Hakyeon knew quite well, at least from hearing her singing on the radio. Hakyeon's eyes shot open wide as he saw Taekwoon being released, confusion still written on his features as he walked off set, lack of limp seen through his stance as he stood before Hongbin, arms crossed in front of him.

   "Yah, Hongbin, what the heck? Why didn't you tell me Hakyeon was coming?" He demanded, angrily blowing hair out of his eyes. Hongbin just stood behind the monitor, jaw dropped at what he was watching in front of him.

   "Yah! Lee Hongbin!! What the hell?" Hakyeon finally snapped, surging from the background model's grips, rushing towards the shocked photographer. As he locked onto his figure, Hakyeon was shocked to see that Young-Jae from Kara was standing beside him, a gentle smile of joy written upon her features as she watched the screen along with Hongbin. Reaching over, Hakyeon grabbed Hongbin by the shoulders, shaking his form to snap out of it.

   "Yah, Hongbin what the heck? I thought Taekwoon was having a huge unveiling of his identity, what is going on?" He asked, confused and angry as he shook the younger. Hongbin just pointed to the screen, directing Hakyeon's attention elsewhere.

   "Hakyeon hyung, I think you have a future in modeling" He said, pointing to the film that had just been taken, no cuts. Hakyeon watched as a figure rushed over to where Taekwoon lay, the instrumental of the lonely Piano music playing, covering any sort of speech that was used. He saw the desperation in his actions as he had shaken Taekwoon's limp body, and his heart soared when he saw Taekwoon's eyes shoot open.

   "Hyung, you just helped Taekwoon debut as a major model in the fashion industry"

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Author's note:

Hello my readers, so Hakyeon fell under the spell of acting, and his emotions came completely out! Plus, Young Jae is completely loving every second of helping Hongbin out, and Taekwoon is progressing as a model. Thanks for reading, and I hope this was okay!!