Pilot

Wishing Upon a Star

   Hakyeon stumbled as he walked the quiet streets of Seoul, tears streaming from his cheeks, limiting his sight of the road he walked. Turning the corner, he smelled the strong scent of cigarettes and alcohol emenating from a nearby bar, and felt urged to enter it, hoping to forget his worries for once, but he couldn't do that. He needed the meager amount of money that he did have.

   Sighing, Hakyeon continued on his way, entering the lesser nice area of Seoul, arriving at his apartment building. Looking up to where his room stood, Hakyeon changed his mind, and instead of entering, he walked past the looming building, passing it as he walked away. Despite the warm weather of the night, Hakyeon's thin body still shivered as a cool wind passed him, and finally he arrived at his destination.

   Approaching the small park, he was glad to find he could still enter it, thay it wasn't locked up for the night, and he found a vacant swing to sit upon. He still couldn't believe what had happened the past couple of months, all leading up to the bomb that exploded on his birthday. Today for that matter. Hakyeon slowly swung back and forth as he thought about his misfortune.

   Firstly, finding a job after going to college for dancing wasn't as easy as his teachers had claimed it to be, and he was struggling to survive working odd jobs in multiple resturants. He also didn't have the support of his family anymore, after they discovered that their only son was gay, and would never legitimately continue on the Cha family. He had been cast out, and instead his family continuously ignored his asking for financial aid, and never spoke to him. Continuing swinging, Hakyeon finally broke down.

   It was his birthday, the day he turned 21, and no one was around to help him celebrate it. All he wanted was a break. As he looked up to the sky, tears once again present in his eyes, Hakyeon's eyes suddenly widened as he saw a golden streak appear in the sky, quickly vanishing into the deep darkness thay was the night sky. should I wish upon it? He asked himself, shaking his head and smiling slightly at his childish thoughts. Then, he made his wish, hands clasped in front of him as if in prayer.

 I wish that someone out there could help me out, help me find my way. With that, Hakyeon opened his closed eyes, sent a small smile to the sky, and wiped his tears away. Then he turned and made his way back towards his home, leaving the park. If he had turned, he would have noticed the faint shimmering in the swing next to the one he had just been sitting in, shimmering that quickly solidified as he left.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

    Groaning at the sharp screech of his alarm clock, Hakyeon slapped it harshly with his hand, and heard it go flying into the wall, and flinched at the cracking sound it made when it made contact. Shaking his head, Hakyeon made a mental note to somehow scrape up enough money to buy a new one. He was barely getting past the monthly fees as it was, he didn't need any more financial problems on his mind. Stretching rather unceremoniously, Hakyeon scratched his side, and got up from the bed, making his way to his dingy bathroom.

   Entering the bathroom, Hakyeon washed his face, and brushed his teeth, not even bothering to tame the knot that was his hair at the moment. Then he got into the shower to wake himself up fully.

   Exiting the shower, Hakyeon dried himself, and then dressed for the day, checking his tiny calendar to see what job he had today. Internally groaning, Hakyeon grabbed his wallet and phone, making sure he had his keys, and then flew from his house to catch the bus. He would eat at the cafe when he arrived.

   Running down the street, he nearly missed the bus, but managed to get on, only to be met with the impatient driver who was waiting to be paid. Nervously, Hakyeon dug in his pocket, and gratefully pulled pulled out a bill to pay for his ride. Then he settled down in a seat near the back to think.

    As Hakyeon awaited his stop, a tall, lean man got on the bus, his blonde hair catching Hakyeon's attention. Sitting up to closer examine this man, Hakyeon began tracing his body with his eyes, liking how his body seemed well built even underneath the suit he wore even in the steamy weather of July. To Hakyeon's dissapointment, the man got off a stop before his, and he was left to himself again. The bus stopped a few minutes later, and Hakyeon got off, rushed to the small cafe sitting in between two other small stores.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Author's note

Hello my readers, If anyone is reading this lol. Anywau, this is just a test chapter, to get things rolling. Sorry if it's short and there are grammatical mistakes, I type everything on my phone. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this, and don't worry, Neo will start soon, and Raken and Hyukbin will also make an appearance. Thanks for reading!!