Happy birthday, Mingyoung (part 2)

She Wasn't A Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 (Part 2)

 

 

Mingyu’s going back to his house, leaving all his work. He doesn’t care to hear his father’s nags anymore.

He can’t believe how could Wonwoo changed such that cold, he throw his cars key on the rack, took off his shoes, loosen his tie. He gets into his room and slamming the door. Put his bag on table, and then he’s lying down on bed.

When he closes eyes, he could see Wonwoo’s images everywhere. He likes to see how sweet Wonwoo smiles and he missed everything regarding him. Mingyu takes his phone and look at the pictures he secretly took at construction place.

No matter how age changed Wonwoo, he always looks great and managed to make Mingyu’s heart racing. Every pictures of Wonwoo looks so aesthetic. 

“Wonu, I know you must be hates me because the things I’ve written on the letter 6 years ago. But I had too… I’ve been forced…” Mingyu paused. He can taste salty tears flowing on lips.

He linked it and he keeps crying, “I-I really sorry, Wonu…”

 

 

-Flashback-

 

After 6 years, finally Mingyu comeback from Canada to his hometown, the place where he was born.

He were looking everywhere at the airport, scanning if there is something change or new, then he text to Seungcheol.

“Hyung, I’m comeback” sent to the older, hoping that Seungcheol never change his number phone.

 

“Welcome home, Master Mingyu” his company’s worker welcomed him with bowed.

“Thank you…” Mingyu grinned warmly.

“Let me bring your beg” Mingyu gave his languages to the other after that Mingyu been told that he has to meet his father at office.

He has not yet to see his house, he sighed and he hates how selfish his father was.

 

Mingyu’s watching all around Seoul, the city not much change; he smiles as he recalled something, “Wonu, I’m comeback now” he whispered in mind.

 

Later, Mingyu sees his father, “Welcome home, Son” he hugged him and patted his back.

“Thanks, Dad…I’m happy, I finally came back…So you don’t have to go to Canada just to visit me” said Mingyu with a weak smiled.

 

Afterward, they have talking about how’s Mingyu flight and some common things. Until his father told him, about their new company KMG.

He was surprised to know his father built it without he knows it. He has some little arguments with the old man.

Donggyu (his father), has made the company last year on Mingyu’s 23 years old, birthday.

Moreover, his father has built few hypermarket under KMG by had used others contractions companies but for KMG’s new building, they planned to built a Mall and Donggyu selected Jeon’s cooperation.

 

That’s was gave Mingyu a huge impacted. “Dad, you know t-that is Wonu’s father’s...Company, right?”

“Yes…I know…So what’s the problem?”

 “The problem is dad…its Wonu’s…You don’t want me to meet him yet you choose his company” Mingyu firmly said.

Donggyu sighs, “Son, I choose their company because they’ve been one of the greatest contractions companies currently. Everyone wants to uses them….And about Wonu, it’s not like you gonna go back to date him, right? He probably has someone else now, Mingyu”

 

It’s like stabbing Mingyu on heart, he felt hurt by his own father. He thought his father would changes as he obeyed his parent’s wished but the man was never change.

 

“If you want or don’t want…You still have to…Go to meet them, tomorrow” Donggyu informed.

Mingyu looked down and sighed. He shook head, “Dad, I just come back”

“No excuse, this is your own company, you need to know how to handle it by your own mind” his father’s continued focusing on his files.

His son opened his mouth, wants to say something but it closed again. Mingyu thought he should agree with it.

“I’m going home now…” he said as he walked through the door.

“Go now, your mother miss you so much….See you at home soon” Donggyu told with look at him. Mingyu nodded and stepped out from the room.

 

  ---- ---- ----

 

Mingyu arrive home, his mother and sister welcomed him warmly, they changed story and he tells them about the new company.

His mother and sister also surprised by Donggyu's decision.

“Mingyu…? Do you think you can handle this?” his mother asked, she doubt if her son could face his ex lover’s family.

He sighs and shook head as responded to his mother’s question, “I don’t know, Mom…My head is going to explore anytime soon”

     

His mother and younger sister only could fell silent without give any reply; they also don’t ideas how to soothe him.

Then, his mother told him to rest. He went to his room, nothing change since the last time he left this place.

 

His lips curve up as he recalls his memories about Wonwoo, he still can see that Wonwoo’s studying on his desk, they were lying and chilling on bed like other best friend does.

This room also a witness of his confession, first kiss and he made a love with Wonwoo and suddenly he feels heat rising on both of his side face. He laughed as he thought about something ‘ert’.

He then sat on the bed, his hand’s running on the surfers; he was thinking how Wonwoo looks right now? His ex lover already 25 years old, he wants to see if Wonwoo still shorter than him or grown a bit taller.

 

Unexpectedly, Mingyu a received a message from Seungcheol, he opened it immediately.

“Oh … Hello... Since, when you arrived?” Seungcheol asked in text.

It’s quite awkward when after few years stopped talking. Mingyu think he just wants to call Seungcheol, he’s thinking for few seconds and then he calls him.

 

“Hello, hyung…” Mingyu greeted with hesitation tone.

“Yes, Mingyu…Long time no see…” he could hear his best friend chuckled, softly. 

After that, Mingyu asks Seungcheol if he some free time to go out, he wants to meet him and Seungcheol agreed.

 

---- ---- ----

 

They met at their café, they often go there during high school, Mingyu and Seungcheol are looking at each other and laughed realizing how weird they’re now, they suppose to be friendlier.

They hugged each other and released, “How’s your flight, Mingyu? I mean how are you, now?”

Both of them sits down, facing one another, “I’m fine…So how about you lately, hyung?”

“I’m fine” Seungcheol smiled, mildly.

“You look different” Mingyu chuckled.

“You too…” Seungcheol grant a soft punched at the taller’s shoulder. 

 

Afterward, they talked about each other life, what happened on 6 years. Seungcheol told that he’s has good job, big house, makes good money for his parent just only he hasn’t found his love yet.

Mingyu were telling him the same that he still hasn’t found anyone yet. His best friend knows that Mingyu’s holding himself from ask him about Wonwoo. But he simply ignored it.

They’ve become less awkward as they recall their old memories at school and Mingyu can’t hold his desire not more.

 

“Hyung, how’s Wonu right now?” this is what Seungcheol’s waiting for.

“Mingyu…I want to say, I’m sorry...Because I can’t tell you anything about him” Seungcheol sighed while lower head.

 

The taller frowns as he’s wondering if Wonwoo already has someone else like his father told him.

“B-but why, hyung…?”

“He told not to tell anyone about him” Seungcheol can’t meet eye to eye with Mingyu, he wasn’t sure if he scared, mad or guilty.

 

“What’s wrong, hyung…? Just tell me” Mingyu voiced has raised a bit.

“I’m sorry, Mingyu…I promised him…If you want to know about him…You’ve to meet him by yourself” eventually, Seungcheol looked at the younger.

Mingyu sighs, he simply wanted to shout at Seungcheol and tells all the reason, yet, he knows no matter how he tries, Seungcheol won’t say anything, because his best friend is someone who grips the promise so well. He gave up.

“Okay…Hyung…I understand” he nodded. Seungcheol could read that Mingyu aren’t satisfied, however, he cannot do anything, because Wonwoo’s heart is more than important to protect.

 

There was silent for a moment, then, Mingyu starts to talk again, “I-I going home now” he stood up and bowed at Seungcheol.

The older stand after him, he patted Mingyu’s shoulder and give a brotherly hugs. They’re trying the best not to let tears fall from eyes.

“See you…Next time” Mingyu said along a small smiled on lips. Seungcheol gave a nod as replied.

 

It is not easy to feel not inelegant for Seungcheol who has kept some secret. He eyes keep watching the taller, someone that he always takes care like a younger brother before.

“I’m sorry, Mingyu” he sighed, sadly.  

 

---- ---- ----

 

-Mingyu’s Pov-

 

I feel very enraged on Seungcheol hyung. Did he hide something from me? Because I can feel it, he shouldn’t do this to me.

What on the earth Wonu wants to see me? I don’t think he want to meet me.

Tomorrow I will go to his father’s company. If the luck on my side, I probably could see Wonu. I wish I could meet him again.

I was lying down and trying myself to sleep. 

 

 

-Next day

 

I’m ready to go and have meeting with Wonu’s father, I was very nervous when my driver stopped this car in front of the building. I’m so surprised to see huge a building. I felt proud for Wonu and his father as they’ve been worked very hard on their business.

I pray everything will be alright; I took a deep breath and exhaled. I get off from the car.

 

I started walking into the building with other 4 workers of mine, escorts from left and right sides of me and there a girl waited for us.

She greeted with a bowed and told us to follow her; she brings us to meeting room.

“Thank you” I said to the girl. She bowed and smiled then she went out from thise room. My workers and I are waiting patiently for Wonu’s father to come.

 

Few minutes later, I hear the door opens. I assumed Wonu’s father has arrived.

But I saw a young man’s wearing leather jacket, his figure looks familiar to me. The guy lifted up his face, on that time my heart dormant.

“W-wonu…” I stood up as called his name. I could aware my workers are giving me weird look.

 

“K-kim … M-mingyu?” Wonu got stuttered when his eyes’ seeing me.

 

Then, noticing both of us has been given uncomfortable gazes from my workers; therefore, I sit down on my chair slowly and Wonu started to talk, he’s introducing himself. 

I was fallen deep in shock as I heard he’s now a vice-president and also a vendor. I smiled a little bit. I felt my heart’s pouring with proud knowing that Wonu’s dream come true. I still remember he had told me that he wants to be someone reliable, so that his father could be proud of him.

He’s also has massive changes on his looks and voice too. I wanted to cry, I don’t know why but there is my feeling just now. 

I keep staring at him, I able to see get he’s scares…Are you scare of me, Wonu? I didn’t mean to makes you fear. He avoided my gazes every time our eyes met. 

 

Luckily, we ended our meeting methodically, ignoring about our feeling.

I’m excited when we have to shake hands, when our palms touched one another, its feels like a thing hit on my heart, I can’t express in words about the feel. But my heart’s beating rapidly. 

“I hope we can cooperate well” I told with smirked. He replied, but his eyes still not dare to see mine. Right after that, we leave him alone.

 

But I don’t feel unsatisfied I’m going back to his office after I told my driver to go somewhere.

I have some talked with his secretary, she seems don’t allow me to Wonu’s room but who’s cares, but I still insist and get into the room. 

I just standing here for awhile and looking around his room, then I could sense someone is behind me. I turned around and I see it was Wonu and I smiled.

 

“Wonu…” I called softly. I opened my hands to give him a hug but he stepped backward. I’m shocked. What’s wrong with him?

“Wonu…?” His eyes stare at me, that glance I’ve never seen that before. It’s went all dark. I felt hurt.

“What d-did y-you want, Mr Kim?” 

Does he just calling me ‘Mr Kim’ …? I really think something wasn’t right on Wonu.

 

I ask him if he was okay, he slight yells at me, “Of course I’m not okay! What did you want from me? There is nothing between us anymore”

I only could blinked on his remarked, I supposes to say something, “Wonu, we are best friends, very good friends and we had--”

“Stop…! Don’t say it! We never fall in love” he shouted with his deep voice, he never raises his voice on me or anyone else.

 

Wonu, what has happened to you? Where is Wonu that I love? Someone who always calm, even you’re mad you just stay quite.

 

I fell silent because I’m too shocked. I thought he would feel same as me. Then, he told me to get out from his room.

I called him again. I just got a shouted “Get out” from Wonu. I see he walked straight to his chair.

I was thinking I have to give him a little space, maybe he couldn’t manage to accept the fact that I’ve comeback after 6 years, I left him.

I’m sorry, Wonu.

 

“We will meet again, Wonu” I told him and moves myself from his room.

 

 

   -End Flashback-

 

 

After that, I got another surprises again not only by new cold side of him, now he also has a little girl with him.

 

In truth, it is just a coincidence that I met a little girl at the park. As I saw she needs help on that time, so I helped by paid her ice creams. For make sure she’s stay safe, I accompany her go back to her brother.

Her brother was Wonu, this is another reason give me heart attack. I knew Wonu loves babies and kids since first time I know him, to him those creatures are cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter