Hello again

She Wasn't A Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Wonwoo were weeping as he recalled his memories, Mingyoung tried to open her heavy eyes when she’s hearing her mother’s sobbing.

“Omma..?” she gets up from her position.

“Yes, Mingyoung?” Wonwoo wiped his tears away.

“Omma…? Are you crying?” she frowned, worriedly. She’s blinking; her small hand reached on her mother’s face and cares it.

 

Wonwoo shake head, he felt warmly when her hand’s touching his cheek.

“I didn’t cry, Mingyoung” his voices cracking. He knew he can’t tell lies on her, she’s ingenious girl, she know if he was hided something from her.

Mingyoung started feel sad as seeing her mother tears, she caught him cries several of times before. She doesn’t know what the reason that could make her mother cries, she wants to know it but she’s scare to ask.

She simply smiles at him, “Omma, I don’t know why you’re crying but I don’t like to see you sad, please don’t cry, okay?”

 

Her mother felt overflowed with proud, heard his daughter told him like that. Wonwoo knew that he teaches her well and she is growing up being a good kid.

He hopes Mingyoung won’t and never ever repeat his mistake. But on other hand, he was thankful to having her with him, even she just a mistake he made.

 

“Yes, I won’t cry again” Wonwoo kissed her head; she smiled at him, showing her canine teeth. It’s as same as Mingyu’s canine teeth.

To be honest, her smiles was special for Wonwoo, because it could make his feel better and make him missed someone.

“Omma, I want to know, what’s make you cry?” Mingyuoung asked innocently. She is such a young girl yet she’s indeed so mature.

Wonwoo cares her hair, “I just remember something sad…” he showed a weak smiled to her.

“Omma…Don’t be sad…If you’re sad, I’m going to sad too” she pouted, her shining eyes looked at him.

 

This is not first time Wonwoo sees kind of this expression by Mingyoung, she wanted to cry but she holds it. He knew it.

“Alright Mingyoung” Wonwoo’s smiling at her, to make her stop worry.

“Yes, like that Omma! I like to see Omma’s smile” she hugs him. Wonwoo kissed her head again, he is feeling extremely lucky to have Mingyoung as his child, she so smart and a cute kid.

“Omma, I want to eat cup cakes” she said.

Wonwoo nods, “Let’s go”  

 

 

---- ---- ----

 

Both of them were looking at cup cakes are inside a transparent mirror container. Taking time to choose which the best cup cakes is they want to eat.

“Omma~” Mingyoung whispered, she doesn’t want other people hear she call him ‘Omma’

Wonwoo looked down and smiled at her, he’s holding her small hand.

“Yes…Mingyoung?”

 

“I want chocolate cup cakes” she smiled at him.

“Okay…I’ll take that too”

Then, Wonwoo ordered which cup cakes they choose.

 

They are selected to sit at table beside the window; Mingyoung’s enjoying the meal so much.

“Do you like it, Mingyoung?”

“Yup Omma!” her voices got a little higher; she covered when she realized it.

 

She wasn’t allowed to call Wonwoo with ‘Omma’ at outside of their house. She has to calls him ‘Oppa’ for cover up. Mingyoung hates it.

Mingyoung loves to calls him ‘Omma’, it is true Wonwoo is her biological mother certainly. But for some reasons she has to follows the rules, she still respects the decision and in accordance with it as she understood her mother's condition

 

 

“I’m glad you like it” Wonwoo grinned. He ignored how people around him are focusing on them because Mingyoung shouted ‘Omma’ at him. He used to it.

The little girl simply gave a weak smiled at him, Wonwoo knew she dislikes when she has to calls him ‘Oppa’, although the first ideas Mingyoung is supposed to call him ‘Appa’ but Wonwoo itself find it quite weird and awkward for himself.  Then, he decided for her to calls him ‘Oppa’.

 

Several of times Mingyoung yelled ‘Omma’ at public, inadvertent. He cannot be mad at her, because he also wants her to call ‘Omma’ freely like other kids does. Wonwoo knew he is a guy but the fact is still the fact that he is Mingyoung’s mother, who carried her for 9 months same like other women does.

 

Wonwoo cares her hair, “What you wanna do next?” asking his daughter.

She thinks for a while, “Hmmm…I want go to playground” her replied.

Her mother always avoided kind of that place but Mingyoung really likes to go there. That place constantly remains Wonwoo of his memory with Mingyoung’s father.

But Wonwoo never bring her to the park where Mingyu and Wonwoo has there ‘promises tree’. Because it would make him hurt again.  

 

He wondered why does she followed Mingyu’s side too much, he wished Mingyoung would follows his side more and being someone who likes to stay at home do nothing or reading book and chilling, but she’s so actives like her father.

 

Wonwoo sighs, “Okay, we go to playground”

“Really, Omma..?”

“Yes…Mingyoung”

“Wahhh! Thank you Omma…” she’s hugged him. When she said ‘Omma’, she kept her voices lowered.

 

-At playground

 

Mingyoung is same like other normal girls, running everywhere, playing this and that. Peoples keep looking at her because she’s so pretty. If they know her parent, they’ll know how she can be so beautiful girl.

But she’s kinda boyish even her appearance looks lovely and sweet, she is also strong compare to other girls. Something Wonwoo thoughts, how she can be so boyish then he remembered that he is a mother of Mingyoung. Wonwoo felt humorous.

He’s being slothful such as constantly, he just sitting there and observers Mingyoung. He yawed; the girl wishes her mother could be more fun and join to play with her.

Then, he changed his views; he sees there are some of boys playing basketballs. He remembered during his high school day. He sighed. 

 

Suddenly, “She is your child or your sister? She is so pretty” he heard girls voice asked him. He turned around to see who those of them.

Wonwoo blinked at them, few seconds takes to responds, “Y-yes…I mean…Yes she is my sister” he hates to lie regarding this; his heart felt devastated everytime he lied about Mingyoung.

Those girls giggles, “No wonder, she is so pretty, she’s so lucky to have a handsome brother like you” one of the girls chuckled, shyly.

Wonwoo forced to smile, rubbed his neck makes him look like he’s shy but in fact he wants to run away from those girls. He mumbled something.

 

“Omma!” She yelled. Mingyoung smiles at those girls and thankful his daughter comes at right time.

The girls were furrowing their forehead, “O-omma? Where is your Omma?” a girl asked in shocked. Wonwoo also surprise with Mingyoung’s braveness.

Mingyoung doesn’t give any reply; she just took Wonwoo’s hand, pulled him to stand.

“Bye unnie~” she’s pulling her mother to walk.

They leaved these girls in confusion, “I don’t understand” said one of the girls. They shrugged to one another and wondered where Wonwoo and little girl’s mother is. They better not to know it, if they don’t want to die because of shock.

 

“Mingyoung, did you just called me ‘Omma’?” he asked. The girl gave him a glance, similar with his death glance.  

“Yes….You’re my mother…And I don’t like when random girls talks with my mother…Omma is only for me”

Wonwoo sniggered, “Mingyoung, they simply talked to me and we absolutely don’t do anything” he gets lowered same as her eyes level. He were thankfully to Mingyoung because saved him from the girls anyway but he just wants to see what’s his daughter gonna says.

 

 

She pouts cutely at him, Wonwoo’s heart skip a beat, on this state she really look so much like Mingyu. Made Wonwoo felt bad and funny on same time.

“I still don’t like it…” She shook head.  

“Fine, next time I won’t talk with random girls, okay?” Wonwoo cupped her face.

“Not only girls, I also don’t like you talks with random boys too…They are weird when they talked with you” Wonwoo could only laughs at her remarked.

She can be so overprotective kid over her mother; she had told before, boys that she allowed Wonwoo to talks with, is only his best friend like Seungcheol, Soonyoung, Junhui and Seokmin. Because she was thought they’re like her own uncles beside Bohyuk.

 

“Alright” Wonwoo gave hugs to her. She smiled and kissed both of her mother cheeks.

“Let’s go home” they’re holding hand. Wonwoo sighed and looked at Mingyoung, he recalled something happened almost same, 6 years ago, only few days before Mingyu fly to Canada.

 

-Flashback-

 

Wonwoo’s sat at the wooden chair, crossing legs. Watching his dashing boyfriend plays basketball alone.

Mingyu’s tan skin, height, handsome face, arms muscles and his skills, never fail makes Wonwoo melts on his seat. He wants to join him but he’s too lazy to moves, so he decided to only watch him.

 

Unanticipated, few girls ran to him, “Oppa!!! Oh my god Oppa why you’re so handsome!” and they keeps yelling at him, telling him how good looking he is, what he’s doing here, why he don’t join Mingyu.

Other girl, asks why he always with Mingyu, are they have a thing for each other, ever it true they’re now dating each other but Wonwoo won’t admit it and never. He just blinks without give any reply, he was surrounded by them.

 Suddenly, he felt someone grabbed his hand, forced him to stand up. Realizing is Mingyu the one who grabbed his hand and now the taller’s standing in front him.

 

Those girls’ attentions were changed to Mingyu and still few of them still fangirling over Wonwoo.

Mingyu just smiled at them and dragged Wonwoo with him.

“Bye girls” they walk hand to hand, leaving those annoying girls behind.

  

 

After few meters they walked, Wonwoo calls his boyfriend, “Mingyu…?” they stopped.

Mingyu spooky gaze at Wonwoo, “I don’t like you talked with them, I told you before… You only for me” the taller grips both of his lover shoulders.

“Mingyu…They just talked with me and I didn’t do anything else” Wonwoo cupped Mingyu’s face.

 

His lover pouts and cross his arms around chest, Wonwoo find it cute and he felt funny everytime Mingyu shows his cute-side, is so different when he’s playing or when he’s working on something. His cute-side is quite childish yet so adorable.

“I still don’t like it…” he shook head.

“Fine, next time I’ll run away from them, okay?”

Mingyu grinned and nodded; Wonwoo pulled the taller’s head closer and gave a kiss on lips.

“I love you Wonu”

“I love you Mingyu” the taller gives him another kiss.

 

 

-End Flashback-

 

 

Now Mingyoung is the one who replace Mingyu’s place beside him. That’s what he wished, that’s what he got.

They stopped at shop nearby and brought some foods for dinner. Few minutes walked from the shop, they arrived at their house.

It so easy for Wonwoo and Mingyoung to go to playground and shops because it nears with their house, just need to walk without uses a car.

 

They started to sets the table, Mingyoung helps him, she put two plates and two pair of glass on table but since she’s still 6 years old, so there’s sometime she’s being clumsy.

“Let eat Omma” she sat beside him, Wonwoo offers to feed her. She was always pleased when her mother’s willing to feed her. She loves to get feeds by Wonwoo.

“Is taste so good, Omma” she talked with full mouth, Wonwoo giggled at his daughter’s cuteness.

 

Afterward, Mingyoung as always will give hand to her mother to clean all the stuffs and throw it to bin. Wonwoo have to admit she could do better than him on cleaning. Not so surprises when Wonwoo remember Mingyu also can clean the house better than him.

Then, Wonwoo and Mingyoung sat down and watch her favorite cartoon. She looked at her mother who stays with his ‘blank’ face. Wonwoo noticed someone is looking at him. He looks back at the person.

 

“Why, Mingyoung?” he smiles and stokes her hair, softly.

She wants to ask something, she knew her mother don’t like kind of this question.

“Omma?”

Wonwoo hummed, “Omma, I know you don’t like if I ask you this…”

  

Her mother knew it, “Who is Appa? Where he is? ... I know Omma had told me that he leaves us…I just want to see his picture but you not allowed it, so I---”

Wonwoo cuts and ask, “Why you want to know about it, suddenly?” Wonwoo asked her with calm tone. She’s still not daring to look at her mother eyes.

“I just saw a family at playground when I was playing...I wish I could be like them but I never know who is Appa? I just want to see who he is” she said almost to whispers because she scared with Wonwoo.

 

She knew her mother don't like her father because of the reason her father leaved them, the rest of story she did not know why.

Wonwoo had told her before, that her father left them and he never knows that Mingyoung’s existence. Wonwoo aren’t ready yet to show Mingyu’s picture to her. Whatever she asked him about her father or how her father look like, Wonwoo would reply her and said her father is hers male version, she and her father also has same teeth shape.

After few times she tried to ask and Wonwoo still avoided the topic, so she decide to stopped ask regarding her father but today when she sees at playground, a girl plays with her parent she wants to be like the girl. Even, her mother is a man, can be her mother and father on same time but she wanted to a family like the girl too, also she knew she has a real father but don’t know where he is.

 

Her mother fell silent, “I-I’m sorry, Omma” she keeps her head lowered.

“Mingyoung, I will show to you who were your father someday, okay? Maybe on Christmas this year” Wonwoo’s deep voice sounds deeper, but she’s still able to hear her mother words.

“Really Omma…? Why not on my birthday? My birthday is 17 on this month” she moves closer to him.

Wonwoo exhales, yes, Mingyoung’s birthday is on this month, January 17. He just think he wasn’t enough ready to show her Mingyu’s picture during her birthday so that’s the reason he choose Christmas.

 

“Omma!” her voices waking Wonwoo up from his thought.

“Yes Mingyoung…?”

“Why you didn’t want to show the picture on my birthday?” she blinked.

“I don’t think I’m ready to show it on your birthday” said Wonwoo, he felt a bit sorry for her, because he only concerned with his feelings.

“Oh…Okay” Mingyoung bite lips and nodded.

 

Wonwoo think he should cheer up her a little bit, “You should be happy Mingyoung, because you’ll see who is your father, someday”

Her lips curving up, “Okay Omma” she hugged him.

“Go to bed now” Wonwoo told her.

“Alright” she kisses Wonwoo cheeks and ran to her room.

“Good night Om

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter