Year Two (Part 1)

The Half-Breed

During their second year after summer break Jessica could tell her friends had grown slightly. Some in height while others (mainly Hyoyeon, Sunny and Taeyeon) didn't seem to have grown at All.

First thing first, they spent their first night together staying up and talking. Jessica fell asleep quickly to no one's surprise. 

 

***

 

"How does it feel to be different...like good different..." Taeyeon asked one night right after she slipped under her blanket. Jessica thought for a while. Wondering how to properly word her feelings and thoughts.

"Weird, like you kinda know you're different but you kinda wish everyone else didn't know" Jessica said thoughtfully. Taeyeon nodded her head. "I guess there's a lot of pressure on you.." she said, turning her head to look at her friend. 

"No kidding. I don't know what to do... dad expects me to do well and get good grades here, while mom expects me to quickly master the force and complete all that Jedi-stuff. Sometimes I wish I was a time lord instead" Jessica finished and Taeyeon let out a snort of amusement.

"Like doctor who or back to the future? " Taeyeon asked smiling widely. "Doctor who" Jessica decided. "Then you and Seo can be my companions!" Jessica giggled in shame after she finished her sentence. "How about we get some sleep so we won't die tomorrow" Taeyeon suggested and Jessica hummed in approval, hugging her duvet closer to herself.

 

***

 

"How does the caretaker even get hold of these.. things?" Taeyeon asked in disgust her face scrunched up in a grimace. 

"I heard the former caretaker was much worse...!" Hyoyeon whispered to the repulsed girl. 

The Gryffindors seemed to have fun poking about the creatures while the Hufflepuffs stayed a little behind. 

The teacher came out and instructed the students to take out their books and turn to a certain page and read about whatever the hell they had in front of themselves.

"It's fire snails and it's living beings, not creatures you can poke around" Seohyun stepped in resting her chin on Jessica's shoulder. Jessica guided the Ravenclaw's arms to back hug the blonde. "Long time no see" Jessica greeted and Seohyun chuckled at that. "...sure" she said with a roll of her eyes. 

 

***

 

"...do we have to watch?" Jessica asked sounding annoyed. She didn't understand why the whole school had to watch a stupid quidditch match. "Apparently ..." Taeyeon replied with a shrug of her shoulders. 

"Oh come on! It's this semester's first match!" Yuri exclaimed with excitement. "Plus! Both teams have new line ups!" Sooyoung added with equal excitement.  Yoona and Sunny looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. Some free time from studying, no real reason to complain, they thought.

The match was a rather boring one, no one scored until the last minute but even then it didn't seem to add any excitement for the onlookers. 

Jessica had her hand on her face in both annoyance and boredom. How the hell, could they not score...

 

*** 

 

From their second year they were allowed in the dueling club. Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri were all pretty committed to the club. It was something fun that got the adrenaline going without your life being put in danger. 

Seohyun and Jessica joined the potions club. Playing around with the different ratios and combinations.

Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung got involved with care of mythical creatures club aka CREEP as they so graciously called themselves. 

Then there was Taeyeon who didn't want to do anything except stare at the ceiling. when the quidditch team had tryouts because of injured players Taeyeon additioned and somehow got the position as seeker. Jessica was both happy and jealous but she figured her fellow Slytherin deserved some celebrating. 

 

***

 

The group ended up having another of their late night sleep overs. They ended up talking a lot more than Jessica initially thought they would, but she started to like the group more.