Another Option

The Half-Breed

The first thing Jessica got to do once back at the training grounds was to get back in her gear. Into her knight clothes and gear. 

" Why do I have arm and shoulder guards on both sides while you have on one?" Jessica asked. Looking herself in the mirror. 

"Because you fight with both hands. While most of us others use only one. Have you forgotten you got dubble lightsabers?" Jessica's trainer crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. Confused Jessica felt her legs and noticed that indeed she had two sabers. 

"...I see" Jessica spoke after a while. Before she could exit the tent her trainer stopped her. " Don't forget your cloak! And mask" se said handing the said objects. 

Smiling in appreciation Jessica put on the cloak and headed to the training area. 

 

***

 

"So... what are we going to do?" Jessica fiddled with her belt, playing with the pockets. 

"To fight" Jasmine replied and Jessica stopped her fiddling And looked up at the older woman. 

"...like fight for real? Real people?" 

Jasmine laughed at her padwan's question. But nodded her head in agreement. 

 

***

 

The mission wasn't big. Just take back a minor base which despite Jessica's ungraceful movements went somewhat smoothly.

"You have a long way to go my padwan... but we'll get there" Jasmine spoke after they successfully reclaimed the base. 

"We'll train harder and more intensly." The elder spoke and Jessica nodded her head. "Of course" 

 

***

 

 

Through her force abilities growing stronger and her fencing becoming better. There still was a shadow looming in the back of her head. The nightmare still fresh in her mind. 

Her trainer seemed to notice this so they both sat down to meditate. Hoping to solve the problem.

Jasmine could see three women that was specially precious to her padwan. Though the shorter of the three had a omnious aura. Jessica doubted her. Held her close to her heart but feared the outcome. 

"Start with the petite one, why you doubt her." Jasmine said and Jessica nodded her head and took a deep breath to collect herself before she began. 

"Taeyeon was my first friend in the wizarding school we attend. We're in the same house and even share dorm...but she... I'm sure she doesn't mean to but she makes me feel terrible... for making our friends fall behind on studies..." Jessica took another few deep breaths before continuing "Tiffany... she's really an amazing friend, I don't know how else to explain her other than with those words... I'm really thankful o have her bright aura and kind nature close by my side." Jessica's mentor nodded her head. Indeed a kind hearted friend was something one easily underestimated but Jessica had matured the short time she spent as Jasmine's padwan and strangely she felt proud. Jessica continued, her mentor paying close attention.

"Joohyun or Seohyun as we call her is a great friend and companion in everyway.... I'm not sure she feels the same about me though..." 

"The force in you tell me she does. If you treasure her this much surely she must treasure you a whole lot back" 

Jessica nodded, she hoped it was true. 

"So these are the sabers you built for your friends" the older of the two spoke. 

"Yes, they're quite basic looking.. " Jessica said

"No, not at all... they're individual. Each hilt has things that resembles your friends" feeling proud of her padwan she ruffled the fake blond locks playfully much to Jessica's dismay.

 

***

 

"You're very conflicted, which side is the one for you?" Jessica hummed in agreement at Jasmine's statement. 

"There's a third option, you can use both the light and dark side. But only if you learn control." Jessica looked with furrowed eyebrows at Jasmine.

"I won't have to choose?" Jessica asked. 

"Not at all, you can use their combined power" Jasmine said. 

 

***

 

 

 "Gray Jedi use emotions like a dark wielder to bring out more strength, but though you may touch the darkness you must not succumb to it. You shouldn't let those surrounding you get tempted to the dark side Jessica,  you must take great precautions and always watch your back...