Year Three (Part 3)

The Half-Breed

By popular demand Jessica started to once again make her squad come along as she explored. Honestly she was surprised there was still places to explore by now. 

Though she did find a private area where they trained and studied or just dorked around. It was nice and big, surrounded with trees making the ground seem secluded. Though it was just further back than most students felt like walking. Though it wasn't too much of a hassle if you flew there by broom. 

 

 

***

 

Jessica started to notice something, because of her friends she worked harder. But because of her they lagged behind in school. 

Though she wanted to deny it, Taeyeon had been right. She did drag them down into the dirt. 

"Damn it!" She cursed and threw her curvehilted- saber across half the field almost hitting Seohyun in the face as it passed her by. 

"..Sooyeon..." Seohyun muttered surprised and frightened. 

"Jessica what's up..?" Tiffany asked with a frown. Standing up to comfort her obviously distressed friend. Jessica hid her face in the palms of her hands.

"You're doing so much for me and all I do is drag you guys down" she muttered, bringing her saber back into her hand using her force wielding.

"That's not true" Taeyeon tried to comfort but Jessica didn't have any of it. "You said so yourself!" Defeated Jessica slumped down and rested her back against a tree.

Seohyun was quick in embracing her close friend. Tiffany too did her best to comfort the angstfilled girl "Sica it's fine, trust us. We'll do well for you and the school and in the end we won't have to choose a side" 

Jessica looked horrified at her friend. "Those words sound familiar..." she muttered. She could feel her heart clenching and something burning in . Tiffany handed her a water bottle and a piece of candy. 

 

***

 

Different, everything felt so different. Her face seemed covered by a mask. Her eyes looking through lenses which could track, zoom and all other modern stuff. 

Her hands stuffed in thick leather gauntlets with steel on certain critical parts. Similarly to her shoulders and legs.

Her sabers attached to her belt but they looked older, more worn out. Her clothes dark brown and black. Like a female Anakin Skywalker. Or perhaps a mix between Kylo Ren and Anakin.

"Show yourself!" She roared. She didn't know why but she was mad. Furious at who or whatever was hiding from her. 

Using the force she started to throw objects around. Throwing a tantrum. 

"Coward! Traitor!" She roared louder, her voice filled with detest, hate, fury.

A person finally showed themselves. Standing a great distance from Jessica herself. She couldn't make out the face of the person clearly but she could sense who it was. 

"Jessica! Stop this madness! Please, come back home" Taeyeon spoke. Extending her hand. Jessica launched forward. Her saber raised above her head. "TRAAAIITTTOORRRR!!!" Jessica yelled. Attacking the shorter woman.

 

Waking up in sweat with a scream Jessica scrambled to get out of her bed. Out of her and Taeyeon's shared room. Staggering the common room she collapsed on the cold floor. 

"No....no...damn...no..." she mumbled, her hands in her hair. "It has to be a lie... it has to... i cannot possibly.....NO!!" 

Woken by Jessica's cry of terror Taeyeon rushed to her aid. Like her fellow Slytherins.

"Jessica! Ya! Jung Jessica! Snap out of it!" Taeyeon shook Jessica's shoulders in a attempt to wake her out of her misery. 

"Taeyeon... my god Taeyeon." The way Jessica looked at the elder made her seem drunk. 

Jessica's house mates made sure to get her to the hospital wing while Taeyeon sat frozen trying to process the events. Had Jung Jessica lost her freakin' mind?

 

***

 

"So... she just screamed in the middle of the night and then said your name?" Tiffany questioned Taeyeon ,who nodded her head equally confused.

"Sure she wasn't drunk?" Sooyoung added with a quirked eyebrow.

"Or high?" Seohyun joined in earning herself a slap in the back of her head.

"I think... she was just scared" Taeyeon finally spoke.

"Scared? Of what? Her bed?" Hyoyeon huffed.

"I donno... just ...she just looked terrified..." 

 

***

 

"Is she seriously still asleep?" Yuri asked, giggling at Jessica's sleeping habit.

"Can't I even rest in the hospital wing?" Jessica asked. Not opening her eyes. 

"Geez, it's alive" Tiffany said with a chuckle. 

"Are you okay, you idiot?" Sunny asked, sitting down om the bedside. 

"Yeah, night terror I guess" Jessica smiled. Her eyes closed so her friends wouldn't be able to see the lingering fear in her eyes. 

 

***

 

By Jessica's master's order Jessica collected her friends lightsabers. Bringing them to boot camp with her. 

"You'll get them back by next term, don't worry" Jessica said. Chuckling at her friends frowny faces. 

"We're trusting you with this!" Hyoyeon mumbled. 

"I made you these" Jessica laughed and stuck her tongue out. 

With the promise to keep in touch over the summer they went their separate ways home or in Jessica's case: back to boot camp.